+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: EDITING-it's consequences

Quote Originally Posted by wisgalb View Post
    Intheblind - I think there was more there between SB & Moana. The big thing that stood out for me was when SB wouldn't even get close to Moana when SB was saying goodbye. I'm not disputing anything, but I haven't noticed that with any of the other girls.
    In the defense for Sarah....she always makes eye contact with all and gives each one a smile.

I know awhile back some one stated & it has been awhile that the bitch comment was related to Moana from SS regarding something that Moana was supposed to have said to SB. If we notice quite oftern SS was sitting with SB. Would she be called two faced now I am sure if she had cuddled with Moana when she just wasn't feeling it before she left.

I actually find a lot of this beginning to be quite amusing about SB. First she is called immature for her behavior & now here she probably had no feelings for Travis after all given her complete maturity & composure for the way she exited. That was one of the best exits in the limo we have seen in some time on the Bach. The girl can't win for losing & I am so looking forward to the WTA. She said what she had to say in that limo admitted her faults & her dissapointment. Now had she said hom much in love she was or professiing it in some way were back to immaturity. Travis isn't expressing any of this either but that's oK.

Weird but it's just about over. LOL

I do think Moana will take it & kudo to SB for knowing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightcryptic View Post
    I'm not trying to be argumentative, yes from what we saw Sarah B didn't badmouth Moana to Travis - but she did make the vomit comment in the episode prior.
    I've listened to that "vomit" comment several times - and I'm certain that's not Sarah B's voice. It has a little (pageant-speak) inflection and rise to the words that Sarah B doesn't have, but Tara and Susan do. It sounds much more like Tara's voice, though they were showing a different shot of a non-speaking Tara when it was played.

Married December 2010 Brightcryptic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RandalR View Post
    I've listened to that "vomit" comment several times - and I'm certain that's not Sarah B's voice. It has a little (pageant-speak) inflection and rise to the words that Sarah B doesn't have, but Tara and Susan do. It sounds much more like Tara's voice, though they were showing a different shot of a non-speaking Tara when it was played.
    Her voice changes because she goes from sitting up to laying down while talking. Check it with the closed caption on, it'll tell you that it's Sarah B saying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightcryptic View Post
    Her voice changes because she goes from sitting up to laying down while talking. Check it with the closed caption on, it'll tell you that it's Sarah B saying it.
    The closed caption could be incorrect - or Fleiss could have lied to play up the Sarah B-Moana hate. The phrase "picked as one of the four" leaps out because of the way the speaker's voice rises while speaking the words "picked" and "four". It sounds like artificial pageant-girl-speak, and Sarah B's voice was always going the other way: laid-back, hippie-speak that moved downward in tone. But Tara, Jennifer, and especially Susan spoke with those rising inflections all the time. If it is Sarah B, the characteristics of the spoken phrase don't match a single other thing she said throughout the whole show. So I think we might have been "Fleissed" again.

Since we aren't shown the speaker, it is possible that line was spoken by someone else at a completely different time and spliced in. I don't doubt Sarah B felt like vomiting at the thought of Moana moving on, but I'm not convinced she verbalized the feeling in that situation.
    Last edited by RandalR; 02-17-2006 at 11:09 PM.

The closed caption could be incorrect - or Fleiss could have lied to play up the Sarah B-Moana hate. The phrase "picked as one of the four" leaps out because of the way the speaker's voice rises while speaking the words "picked" and "four". It sounds like artificial pageant-girl-speak, and Sarah B's voice was always going the other way: laid-back, hippie-speak that moved downward in tone. But Tara, Jennifer, and especially Susan spoke with those rising inflections all the time. If it is Sarah B, the characteristics of the spoken phrase don't match a single other thing she said throughout the whole show. So I think we might have been "Fleissed" again.

Since we aren't shown the speaker, it is possible that line was spoken by someone else at a completely different time and spliced in. I don't doubt Sarah B felt like vomiting at the thought of Moana moving on, but I'm not convinced she verbalized the feeling in that situation.
    I am with you on this one Randal & I too am not convinced to was SB. I don't care what the caption says. Fleiss knows how much people listen to VO & he has played this show very tight. Characteristicly this is not SB I agree. WTA should tell us alot more I hope!! LOL

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    I listened to that vomit comment a loooooong time ago. Once in passing, and once sitting down to really listen. It was Jehan. I am no expert in voices but I caught that one. I was actually impressed with myself.

In regards to editting, I don't know if it was posted here or somewhere else, but this was fascinating (to me). Fleiss and his minions always ask a question, and the girls MUST answer with the question in the answer. An example was given: What do you not like about Travis? The girl must answer: The thing I don't like about Travis is_____________. This is how they get the girls to say "things". You could be answering The thing I don't like about Travis is that he seems so dull, and what is actually shown is "Sarah is so dull"

We played a game here called out of context posts, it was hilarious, but it shows how you type one thing and it can be cut and pasted into meaning something totally different.

I think the editing of the show fuels story lines that the producers envision from the earliest days of casting. The tactics they employ are often manipulative and fuel the drama to keep us tuned in week after week.

I actually am working on a thesis about reality TV and focusing on the Bachelor. You all have some really interesting points to incorporate.

Does anyone have old tapes or DVD of older seasons? I need to analyze them in more depth.

THanks for any help!

Quote Originally Posted by susanb View Post
    I think the editing of the show fuels story lines that the producers envision from the earliest days of casting. The tactics they employ are often manipulative and fuel the drama to keep us tuned in week after week.

I actually am working on a thesis about reality TV and focusing on the Bachelor. You all have some really interesting points to incorporate.
    !
    That is a whole new level of obsession. I feel much better now.

We know editing is screwing with Joe Sixpack viewer's head, but we here at the FORT have the editors all figured out.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345