+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rate the bachelor seasons

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    I may not have enjoyed the wedding but I loved the romance of Trista's season squeaky voice and all)
    The maturity and sincere passion of Byron's season
    The classic romance of Andrew's season
    The ridiculous unconventionalism of Charlie's season
    The tension and lust of Meredith's season
    And now the class and sense of humor of PLo... I'm loving this guy but having a hard time saying the same thing about any of these girls!!
    The rest of the shows don't rank with me except the absolute bottom would be a tie between Jesse and Blob and Jen!
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;1769861;
    Didn't watch the first two at all. So I cannot comment. But I'll try to put these in order from best to worst as well as I can. I can only rank the completed seasons. What I think about the current one remains to be seen

1 Byron and Mary. As a single woman in my mid-thirties, I like the premise that you can still be dateable after your 25th birthday. I had gotten very tired, particularly after the Jesse show of seeing these 21 year old children proclaim their readiness to settle down. I also like seeing a good love story, and these two definitely gave us that. I sincerely hope they make it down the aisle. This season also gave us crazy Jayne and slutty Krista.

2 Trista and Ryan. Again, I really enjoyed watcching their love develop. Yes, her baby talk is annoying, but I am very happy for the two of them. I have to admit I cried a little while watching the big pink wedding.

3. Andrew and Jen. Yes, i think that in the original show, they were both there for the right reasons. And I think they really did fall deeply in love. Of course not all love lasts and I was so dissapointed when they split up. This season was pretty entertaining with the evil Kirsten and drunken Amber moments I'll never forget. Remember the awkward Olive Garden conversation?

4. Meredith and Ian. Again, even though it didn't last I enjoyed watching them fall in love. The will he/or won't he propose question offered up a lot of suspense. Meredith was a little boring, but for most people, reality isn't all about excitement in every waking moment. I do remember thinking how lucky she was that Blob dumped her when he did. I also learned what 'metrosexual' meant in this season. And this season gave us the potential mother-in-law from hell. Remember Lanny's brother's poor little wife. Like a scared little mouse. That was just sad.

5. Charlie. Mostly for the entertainment value. They got to snark at each other pre-rose ceremony. that was fun. This is the season when I learned that pretty is a race. Thank you for that, Sarah 'don't hate me because I'm beautiful' W. has she maybe figured out yet that he dumped her not because she was so pretty, but because she was off her meds? And then we had Kimberly from Canada, who I'm sure was a stripper. And Jersey trash Krisily, whose grandma sounded like a slutty version of Edith Bunker.

6. Blob - Now it just gets worse. Did women all over the country really demand that he get a shot at being the next bachelor? You would think that someone who is willing to be on 2 of these things really should be looking for love. Yet after weeks of playing tonsil hockey with every available female, he picks estella, and quickly discards her at the first available opportunity. He should have picked that bee-yotch LeeAnn if that is what he was going to do.

7. Jen - In a few short years she goes from being America's sweetheart to someone I despise. I mean I really hate this woman. And she actually had the gaul to say that it was a mutual decision between her and Jerry that they were better off as friends? He looked to me like it was the first he had heard of it. This season did give us crazy 'I do not want to marry you, Jen" frenchie and Stalker Stu. oh, and the guy who hit on her spy friends in the first episode. So it did have some entertainment value, but I just hate this woman now

8. Jesse. Played football for Florida, so I'm not allowed to like him anyway. awful, awful show. Trish as the stalker would have been mildly entertaining if the whole thing hadn't been so darn staged. I know the Trista, Andrew, and meredith seasons weren't entirely 100% real, but this one really seemed like there was nothing true about it. nothing.
    My previous rankings still stand, except now I need to put Travis between Blob and Jen. He was rather boring. I tried really hard to like it, since Sarah S was a Tennessee grad. But blah. The Paris setting was nice though, as were the European fantasy date locations.

So far, Lorenzo gets ranked between the Charlie and Blob seasons. Not nearly as entertaining as the Charlie season. Erika is no Sarah W. But he is way more likeable than Blob.

I answered in this column already, but that was last February. Updated listing:

1. Absolute favorite so far - Byron and Mary. A mature couple who fell in love at first sight and just knew they were meant for each other. They are supposed to marry in November. I wish them well.
    2. Andrew ranks next - a classy, sweetheart. I put him alone because I like Kirsten better and thought he caved in to his family and picked Jen. He may have fallen a little in love with her, but they just were not a good match and both knew it - I wasn't surprised it ended.
    3. Trista and Ryan - adorable couple and loved seeing the bachelors interact with each other. Guess its true that opposites attract and can complement each other.
    4. Meredith and Ian - I really like the Bachelorette shows - so much eye candy. These two were also opposites and equally attracted, but obviously didn't complement each other.
    5. Aaron and Helene - My first Bachelor show (didn't see Alex's show). Hunky guy, pretty girl. It looked like a good match, but he ended up being a real jerk. She's lucky he dumped her.
    6. Lorenzo and ??. This guy is a doll, what a nice surprise. Unfortunately, I question the producers' choice of candidates. I hope he found his true love, but I rather doubt it. The ones left are too young and either too naive or too conniving.

The rest I didn't bother watching after the first few episodes because I either didn't like the bachelor (worst was Bob - couldn't stand to even watch him or hear his voice) or really questioned his choices and didn't care about the outcome. Jen's season I watched because I enjoyed the eye candy, but she grew a huge ego and Jerry was very very lucky he got dumped even if it was on TV.

Byron and Mary- my very favorite of ALL time. I thought these two were absolutely perfect for one another. I wish them the all the best, and can't wait until they get married!

Andrew Firestone - I too, thought he caved in to family wishes, and just went with Jen, the easier route. He seemed VERY attracted to Kirsten.

Trista and Ryan - LOVED their season. He was the sweetest guy on here, yet..besides Byron. I am so glad they worked out, and got the wedding they wanted. It worked for these two..very rare.

Meredith and Ian - I knew from the day she chose Ian, it wouldn't work for long. These two were just way too different, and I never saw a connection..not long-term, anyway.

AAron and Helene - I really liked Helene. I didnt think he treated her right at all when they ended as a couple.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Crystal Allen

Same as others.

1. Trista and Ryan-- I rank them above Byron/Mary only because that was when the show was still fresh and didn't want or need gimmicks or scene changes or first impression roses or two bachelors. It was more classic and since we hadn't yet had a chance to see so many relationships fail, we still believed in fairy tales.

2. Mary and Byron---Same reasons as others. A true love story and nice to see Mary get the happy ending she had held out hope for.

3. Jen and Andrew--At the time, it seemed like a real love story. We didn't know Jen was a famewhoring self involved piece of trash until later.

4. Meridian--Again, at the time, seemed like a real love story and the show hadn't jumped the shark yet as far as needing gimmicks.

5. Jesse---I know it was filled with drama and had just started to jump the shark, but it had a snarkworthy ending and tons of drama and a good cast of characters. I liked it for the entertainment value.

Blob just sucked, Travis sucked worse, Charlie was unmemorable and Jen made all the others combined look like Emmy contenders. I think Jen was far and away the most unlikeable protagonist.

Quote Originally Posted by Truewriter;1769277;
    dagney852000

Great summary--I have to agree that other than Mer & Ian, this is the best season for me. I do see chemistry between Dr. T and Sarah S and have from the beginning. Just missing that hammock.

I never saw Trista and Ryan--just a glimpse of the PINK wedding (and I've always thought a little pink goes a long way). Chic in small doses.

Andrew's season was good at the time--it was actually the first one I watched--they hooked me with the marathon. Sadly, Jen ruined those reruns.

Blob & Jesse . . . can't go there . . . just ate dinner.

I missed Byron's season except for the finale--hot and sweet. I was happy for both of them but especially for Mary. I'd like to watch this one from beginning to end.

I have to admit I have a teeny tiny soft spot for Charlie . . . although his season reminded me of The Enquirer. He was funny and didn't take himself too seriously. Other than the low budget and the sleaze factor, he was amusing.

I'm hoping for one more Bachelorette!
    Oh, coming out of lurkdom to play.

I agree with your assessment, Mer & Ian were the best. Loved Byron and Mary and as Randal said, "Byron was a man" and we need more of them on this show! Charlie was a blast. Didn't watch Alex or Trista. Bob and Jesse - sleeze bags.
    But here's another thought.... it seems like many of us who liked the Meredith and Ian season like this one too. What is about skinny insecure guys?

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs;1769746;
    I 100% agree with Jerry, he is probably the best looking guy to come on any of the seasons. I would love to see him grace my TV set again!
    Me too! He's smokin' .
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by aname;1769230;
    Andrew: I liked him (and still do) altho I thought he chose the wrong girl (should've been Kirsten).
    I think so too! They were (somehow) perfect for each other.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

Anyone remember Charlie from Trista's season? That one was a hottie (but conceited). I still him.

Quote Originally Posted by leogirl_21;2132675;
    Anyone remember Charlie from Trista's season? That one was a hottie (but conceited). I still him.
    I absolutely remember Charlie - he was (and probably still is) a HUNK! There was something about him - handsome, charming, classy and just plain sexy. Whatever happened to him?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast