+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rate the bachelor seasons

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    1. Aaron and Helene. I thought they were the best couple. They thought otherwise.

2. Andrew and Jen. It was a nice story, though the editing was a bit too tricky.

3. Alex and Amanda. The first. It was less self-conscious, the concept was new, Fleiss hadn't figured out as many ways to screw it up yet.

4. Charlie and Sara. A pleasant surprise. I never thought he'd take it seriously, but he did.

5. Jesse and Jessica. I liked this one better than most of you did. It was the first and only time I really dug into the screen caps and was part of things here rather than my usual fringe participant self. I'm a big football fan, too.

6. Trista and Ryan. They got married, which was pretty cool and unexpected.

7. Byron and Mary. The retread factor annoyed me. Byron wasn't much fun.

8. Jen and Her Shadow. What a disaster. She was there for all the wrong reasons, and hopefully proved, once and for all, you can't have retreads. I hope.

9. Bob and Estelle. What a disaster. He was there for all the wrong reasons, and hopefully proved you can't have retreads. Back when Chris Harrison had his own message board, I posted after they announced Bob as the new Bachelor. I said it was a mistake - he was funny as a loser, but he would be a jerk as the man in charge. I got raked over the coals.

10. Meredith and Ian. Yaaaawwwwwwnnnn. Worst season by far.

Where will Travis/Sarah/Susan/Moana stack up? Probably right around Trista and Ryan at best. This one is standing out for its lack of romance.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

Remember in the early shows that you could tell who the winner was by the amount of shade shown in the screencaps of the final two with the bachelor, and the amount of light showing in on the final two limo windows on the way to the ceremony. Those were the easy sleuthing days.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RandalR View Post
    1) Byron: He's my man! He handled his series better than any of the others...because he is an actual grown-up. (Earth to Fleiss - more please. Your audience demographic appears to be 40+ - the kids aren't watching, anyway.) And Mary is still my favorite Bachelorette of all time. It's interesting that it's now going to be three years between the time she gave Bob a variation of the "my eggs are rotting" speech and her marriage to Byron in November...I guess they weren't doing too badly after all.
    Byron was my favorite as well. He just came across as 'real' , and Mary was a sweetheart too.

I think my favorite season would have to be Trista's. I wasn't into spoilers back then, and I was completely shocked with the outcome. I would've bet money that she'd have chosen Charlie.

I also really liked Andrew's season - probably because of the good vs. evil storyline (Jen vs. Kristen). Little did we know Jen would become the bitch we all know and hate.

Hated, hated HATED Jesse's season. Could he have been any more of a tool?
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 10-29-2006 at 11:37 AM.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

I was really into Meredith, Trista and Andrew's seasons. After that, I watched Byron half-heartedly, but loved the FRC. Couldn't stand Jesse. Thought Blob was disgusting. Didn't even watch Charlie's season. Jenn just about did me in for the whole franchise, I'm still steamed about that one. I didn't even watch the first two shows.

Funny enough, I was right about Andrew choosing Jenn, Trista choosing Ryan and Meredith choosing Ian. This time around I'm going to go for the underdog and pick Moana as the final choice.

This series is blah for me. In fact, while I've recorded the last two shows I haven't actually watched them, just came on here and spoiled myself with the fabulous FORTers. It's more fun, anyway.

Ratings:

Byron - Didn't see all of it but I think that it turned out to be great for him and Mary and I am glad because of that. He seemed like a great guy but obivously elder and more mature. As for Mary, I think I liked her more in Byron's season than her in Blob's.

Travis - I gotta say, he's in my top 3 for the best looking bachelor. I think his personality is a little too laid back but that's okay. He's still a great catch. I think we all know how this one is gonna end. *ahem*

Andew - I liked him a lot. I thought he came across as serious, sincere and mature. I also agree with MsFroggy, I wanted him to pick Kirsten. I thought she was a feisty one and that they were great together. I never really liked Jen.

Blob - What can I say? I actually don't have anything to say except that I am glad that none of the girls ended up with him i.e. Kelly Jo and Estella.

Charlie - I didn't see much of this season either. Charlie was okay. Good thing for him, he's still with his chosen one. The funny thing is that I never thought that it would work out between him and Sarah (was that her name?) but good for them, they are still together.

Jesse - I loved Jessica, that was the best part of this season for me. I did think that she was wayyy too young to commit to a lifelong relationship though. Jesse was just like Herman Munster. Tall, straight and the same shaped head.

Jen - Aaagh! I only watched this whole season for JERRY! Forget Jen, she was never my fav. I always saw her as a whack, even from Andrew's season. But Jerry made this whole season worthwhile. And I agree with what RandalR said: John Paul and Ben were really good guys who never really got a chance because Jen was done from the start (with Jerry!).

Trista - She was too annoying with her giggly, sugary sweet behavior but CHARLIE really did it for me. What can I say 'bout that stud?!? He really was HOTT! I still drool when I see his pics. I think I'll always have the hots for him.

Aaron - I liked him a lot. He was cool and good lookin'. I think he did make a good decision by choosing Helene (Brooke would have been a good choice for him too!) but it wasn't meant to be (and from what I remember, it was his fault because of his flirty behavior with other women IN FRONT of Helene)

Meredith - I didn't really like her, even since Bob's season. But I did like Matthew and Lanny. LOL! They were good eye candy.

Alex - Didn't watch the first season.

But half of the people have been recycled anyway, let's see:

Trista from Alex's season was a Bach'ette.
    Blob from Trista's season was a Bach.
    Mere from Blob's season was a Bach'ette.
    Jen from Andrew's season was a Bach'ette.
    Mary from Blob's season was on the Bach.

Am I missing anyone?
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by dagney852000 View Post
    Well, it is official (for me anyhow). This has shaped up to be the best Bachelor season yet. Travis has been the most appealing, and the sexiest. Moanna is intriguing without being a bitch. Susan is a great villian. We have had the best cat fights, and, of course, Allie G and Kristen makes this season all the more memorable.

Anyhow, I thought it might be a good time to look back and see what everybody thought of the previous Bachelors. My take:

1. Alex. He wasn't bad at the time, but in retrospect I realize how cheesy and effeminate he is. He seemed to be appealing and worth all the fuss that the ladies made over him, considering his degrees from Stanford and another major school (can't remember which). But, after the fact, I realized that he wasn't in it for the right reasons. Probably because the gender of the people he was choosing was the wrong one. Still, was a good start.

2. Aaron and Andrew. I put these two in together because they really seem to me to be the best ones (until now). Both had enough appeal to actually merit the attention of the women. Both seemed to be there for the right reasons. Both seemed like nice enough guys and they both were respectful of the process.

3. Blob and Jesse. Here is where the series ran into trouble. Neither of these guys were in the show for the right reasons. Both seemed to only be on the show to score with as many beautiful women as possible. And both made me want to vomit in the end. Especially Blob. Nobody has ever been able to explain to me the appeal of an overweight mortgage broker who any girl could meet on the street. Jesse at least had the pro football angle working.

4. Byron. He was nice enough, and handsome, but the series seemed a bit off to me. Probably because the format changed somewhat in that everybody was older and Byron lived on the grounds with the ladies. I don't know, it was a weird season for me and I wasn't into as much as the others.

5. Charlie. Almost killed the franchise. There was nothing about the Charlie season that felt like I was even watching the same show. The girls were trashy and low-class. The "fantasy dates" consisted of going to local bars and shooting pool. The girls and Charlie engaged in shouting matches at the rose ceremonies. Charlie himself was a drunk and unemployed to boot. He also made it clear that he was only looking for a woman to hang out with. Like Bob, there was not a reason for women to be fighting over him. Thank god Fleiss seen the error of his ways and realized that getting back to basics is the only way to save the series - handsome guy with a great profession, actual fantasy dates, chateaus, evening gowns, cheesy Chris narrations.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
    I agreed with your Alex, completely, however I hated the rest right off the bat. Aaron and Jesse were the worst. Charlie's show I actually liked. He was at least funny.

When they went to quasi-celebs as their bachelors, or 23 yr old guys, BIG mistake.

The fisherman guy that Mary will marry was a good one. He was older, too, and looking for marriage. Not a 23 yr old kid, or football jock. 25, wasn't that Aaron or Jesse. I've got shoes older than that. Crap.

Staying with an unknown, educated and classy guy, is key. I, at this point, like this season whole-heartedly, the very best.

I forgot to rate the Bachelorettes. In chronological order:
    1. Trista - Actually this was my favorite of the bachelorette shows. Trista was cute and had a good personality (a little too cutsey pie though). She picked the right guy for her, but my choice would have been Charlie hands down - what a hunk!! Best part was the outtakes of the guys in the house and it showed how much better they get along than the women (getting drunk, eating out of dog food bags, peeing on their beds - gotta love the guys).

2. Meredith - I just knew Ian was the one she'd pick and he was my favorite too. Too bad it didn't last, but Meredith may have been a little too dominating and media crazy for him.

3. Jen - yuck! She proved I was right thinking Kirsten was the right girl for Andrew. She seemed to lack a personality, very stuck on herself, and believed all the hype. Jerry deserved better - what a hunk!!

Quote Originally Posted by aname View Post
    I forgot to rate the Bachelorettes. In chronological order:
    1. Trista - Actually this was my favorite of the bachelorette shows. Trista was cute and had a good personality (a little too cutsey pie though). She picked the right guy for her, but my choice would have been Charlie hands down - what a hunk!! Best part was the outtakes of the guys in the house and it showed how much better they get along than the women (getting drunk, eating out of dog food bags, peeing on their beds - gotta love the guys).

2. Meredith - I just knew Ian was the one she'd pick and he was my favorite too. Too bad it didn't last, but Meredith may have been a little too dominating and media crazy for him.

3. Jen - yuck! She proved I was right thinking Kirsten was the right girl for Andrew. She seemed to lack a personality, very stuck on herself, and believed all the hype. Jerry deserved better - what a hunk!!
    I forgot them, too! I second what aname wrote

Quote Originally Posted by aname View Post
    Jerry deserved better - what a hunk!!
    You got that RIGHT!
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by lil'olme View Post
    I forgot them, too! I second what aname wrote
    And I third it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast