+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rate the bachelor seasons

I only have one favorite season. The Bryon and Mary season. Talk about real!

Mer and Ian had me hooked till the Chad fiasco. I was irate at Mer for saying what she said, even if the producers told her to.

Trish and Ryan, well we know HER reputation. Gee how many guys did she sleep with?

My only favorite season was BYRON and MARY'S. theirs stands out above any other, IMO. The minute she stepped off that elevator, you could see the romance and attraction. I wish these two all the best. They deserve it.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

10) Meredith: I didn't watch. I didn't like her much on Bob's series, and thought she was an odd choice.
    Randal! *picks self off of the floor*. You missed such heat. Ok , I get it. You would much rather watch a bunch of pretty girls on the tv than guys. (Although this season the girls are "guys". *rimshot*) But please promise us that you will return to the Fort and will at least tape and fast forward through the episodes if there is ever another Bachelorette show. We need your insight. YOu could do it for us.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam View Post
    Ok , I get it. You would much rather watch a bunch of pretty girls on the tv than guys.
    Well, duh!

But please promise us that you will return to the Fort and will at least tape and fast forward through the episodes if there is ever another Bachelorette show. We need your insight. YOu could do it for us.
    I did watch part of Jen's show...it's just that most of the guys were total morons! I think it is much harder to persuade 25 men with anything on the ball (who are much more likely to be hard-nosed, rational skeptics) to actually appear on such a show than it is to persuade 25 fairy-tale believing women. John Paul was the only guy on that series who really seemed to have anything going for himself - and he was much too good for Jen. Had he been a few years older, he never would have been willing to go on the show. Jerry (Brad Pitt Jr.) was good-looking, but didn't seem to have much of a career or future - I got the impression he was essentially a pretty boy receptionist at an art gallery, there to make sure female clients visited early and often. All of the rest were either low-earners with no future or had zero social skills.

At least in the great cereal box called The Bachelor you can sometimes find a few secret prizes among the flakes.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    My rankings aren't based on how the relationship ultimately ended , but rather more on the "romance" factor of the love story as it unfolded.

Ian/Meredith *hot hot hot*

Trista/Ryan

Andrew /Jen

For humor, Charlie/Sarah hands down
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

My fav was Trista & Ryan. Always thought she got a bad rap, because she never seemed shallow, just the opposite. I thought she was the most sincere with everyone's feelings and was quite intelligent. She could actually carry on conversations and had fun. She had more rumors going around about her, but deep down I think she was true to herself and did not sleep around at all. Ryan, well he is just one in a trillion. They protrayed him as one dimensional, but he's a man of many talents.

Loved Charlie & Sara B. The season was cheesy, but she was just too cute. He was funny and a good personality. Can't remember much about Alex and missed Aaron. Didn't love lil Andy, the Jen & Andrew fans were crazies. He so wanted Kirsten, his little heart broke when he learned about her ex. Byron & Mary were sweet too, but didn't blow me away for some reason. Meredith was a cool chick & there was heat. I didn't see her as a guys fantasy type girl. Bob & Jesse don't get a mention, other than Jesse was hot. Dr. Stork, nice and all, but he and Sarah make for less than interesting TV, this is one couple I really could care less about.

My favorites are:

1. Trista - I am still crazy about Charlie after all these years.
    2. Jen - One word - Jerry!
    3. Andrew - Nice guy. It's a shame he didn't follow his heart and pick Kirsten.

Didn't watch the first two at all. So I cannot comment. But I'll try to put these in order from best to worst as well as I can. I can only rank the completed seasons. What I think about the current one remains to be seen

1 Byron and Mary. As a single woman in my mid-thirties, I like the premise that you can still be dateable after your 25th birthday. I had gotten very tired, particularly after the Jesse show of seeing these 21 year old children proclaim their readiness to settle down. I also like seeing a good love story, and these two definitely gave us that. I sincerely hope they make it down the aisle. This season also gave us crazy Jayne and slutty Krista.

2 Trista and Ryan. Again, I really enjoyed watcching their love develop. Yes, her baby talk is annoying, but I am very happy for the two of them. I have to admit I cried a little while watching the big pink wedding.

3. Andrew and Jen. Yes, i think that in the original show, they were both there for the right reasons. And I think they really did fall deeply in love. Of course not all love lasts and I was so dissapointed when they split up. This season was pretty entertaining with the evil Kirsten and drunken Amber moments I'll never forget. Remember the awkward Olive Garden conversation?

4. Meredith and Ian. Again, even though it didn't last I enjoyed watching them fall in love. The will he/or won't he propose question offered up a lot of suspense. Meredith was a little boring, but for most people, reality isn't all about excitement in every waking moment. I do remember thinking how lucky she was that Blob dumped her when he did. I also learned what 'metrosexual' meant in this season. And this season gave us the potential mother-in-law from hell. Remember Lanny's brother's poor little wife. Like a scared little mouse. That was just sad.

5. Charlie. Mostly for the entertainment value. They got to snark at each other pre-rose ceremony. that was fun. This is the season when I learned that pretty is a race. Thank you for that, Sarah 'don't hate me because I'm beautiful' W. has she maybe figured out yet that he dumped her not because she was so pretty, but because she was off her meds? And then we had Kimberly from Canada, who I'm sure was a stripper. And Jersey trash Krisily, whose grandma sounded like a slutty version of Edith Bunker.

But last I heard Charlie and the other Sarah were still together, so more power to them if they are

6. Blob - Now it just gets worse. Did women all over the country really demand that he get a shot at being the next bachelor? You would think that someone who is willing to be on 2 of these things really should be looking for love. Yet after weeks of playing tonsil hockey with every available female, he picks estella, and quickly discards her at the first available opportunity. He should have picked that bee-yotch LeeAnn if that is what he was going to do.

7. Jen - In a few short years she goes from being America's sweetheart to someone I despise. I mean I really hate this woman. And she actually had the gaul to say that it was a mutual decision between her and Jerry that they were better off as friends? He looked to me like it was the firs t he had heard of it. This season did give us crazy 'I do not want to marry you, Jen" frenchie and Stalker Stu. oh, and the guy who hit on her spy friends in the first episode. So it did have some entertainment value, but I just hate this woman now

8. Jesse. Played football for Florida, so I'm not allowed to like him anyway. awful, awful show. Trish as the stalker would have been mildly entertaining if the whole thing hadn't been so darn staged. I know the Trista, Andrew, and meredith seasons weren't entirely 100% real, but this one really seemed like there was nothing true about it. nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    My only favorite season was BYRON and MARY'S. theirs stands out above any other, IMO. The minute she stepped off that elevator, you could see the romance and attraction. I wish these two all the best. They deserve it.
    A big I gave up on the Jesse, Charlie and Jen seasons. No more 20-something bachelor/ettes for me - this season has killed it. Bring back the old folks!
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I found Charlie's season to be the most entertaining to watch out of all the shows. He was extremely honest and had fun! I loved his little confessional comments and I was glad he picked Sarah B. She was a cutie and they made a cute couple!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast