+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 256566676869707172737475

Thread: 2/6 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

jasbeck93...you gave me a great laugh. # 6 is a dead ringer for Scott Peterson! Travis's friend Matt looks odd to me...like a big head perched on a long skinny neck...on the show I kept expectiing his neck to just give way under the weight of the head. If I had to pick between the guys in that picture, I'd pick Travis in a heartbeat...and I don't even think he is that cute.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    I can understand the sentiment, but not acting on them.

A twenty-year-old is NOT A CHILD.

Having children is obviously such a traumatic ordeal that parents' emotional health is forever stunted at that point. Only the emotionally-healthiest people are ever able to mature beyond the childbirth to ever view their children as EQUALS when the kids reach adulthood.

The rest just "think" they have a healthy relationship with their kids while their kids secretly resent the overbearing behavior and eventually move far away.

If the grown-up doesn't want help and the parents are still compelled to try to help, then there's a respect problem. After all, if you have an opinion about your next-door-neighbor's needs, and you offer to help but they decline, would you still keep trying and trying and trying? Typically, a person will honor their neighbor's wishes. And yet, if the "fruit of your loin" declines help, parents typically keep pushing, supposedly out of "love". But really, don't family members deserve AT LEAST the amount of respect you'd give a neighbor?

Having said all that, I want to clarify that I'm not on any of the "Susan is psycho"/"Susan can't keep a relationship"/"Susan is faking"/"Susan is a user" bandwagons. Susan is such a knock-out that it's human tendency to try to find SOME fault with her. She was a strong enough woman to fight the flow and she is now out of a relationship that obviously wasn't meant to be. Good for her! Life is good.

I am assuming you don't have children?

Quote Originally Posted by RandalR View Post
    Well, that face/hair/beard combination matches his voice and speaking style much better than his current look on the show does.
    Third year residents do not have alot of time on their hands - most of the time when they are off at the hospital - they sleep.

+ Reply to Thread