+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fleiss and Co.'s formula for the Bachelor **possible spoilers**

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar

Fleiss and Co.'s formula for the Bachelor **possible spoilers**

When we continue to discuss and debate the Bachelor, one thing many of us recognize, is that the show as it's portrayed has a general formula that Fleiss and Co. wants to perpetuate. I've often read in the threads and have done comparisons myself of this show, Bachelor 8, and how it compares in the structure or 'character' portrayed in past shows.
    This thread is to discuss just that, your thoughts, analysis, and theories on how the production company portrays this show and the people in it. This is also a place for you to compare all your past favorites and villians, but keep it limited to how they relate to this season. (Posting here with those ideas, will keep you from getting these comments deleted in a thread like the Spoiler one.)

Please feel free to debate, discuss and hash out all theories of Mr. Fleiss and his crew!

Here are my first thoughts on this topic..

First let me say, that we can debate 'til doomsday, or the Feb. 27th ending, who's getting the 'good' edit, bad edit, the non contender edit and so on.. but if we're going to analyze Fleiss's strategy with his story line, do we really think that everything he plans is in efforts to screw with the small percentage of the 6 + million who tuned in last night, who are internet sleuths?? I'd like to flatter ourselves and say all his crew's intentions are to fool us and no doubt a part of the strategy. i.e. confusing screencaps, leaks, etc. are. But seriously, how many of you like I have lots of friends who watch the Bachelor but have no interest in searching the net for clues, they just enjoy the show?
    In our effort to analyze every little detail, fingernail, hand shape, knuckle, foot, head, butt.. you name it , we sometimes can't see the forrest for the trees.. I mean, perhaps the key to figuring out who Travis chooses (and I know many don't even care at this point, but I'm still sentimental (sucker) enough to care and want to figure it out. We have to take what we've been given in the screencaps, and clues we've discovered and then try to determine what story line we're really getting here.
    The truth is, despite the fact that this is an entertainment show, it also involves the reality of real people who are given the ability to make the ultimate choice THEY want, not Fleiss. I've never read where Fleiss forced a final decision... if he did, we wouldn't have had a Jen or Jesse or Blob ending.
    So keeping in mind when they edited this show, they had an ending and the girl that the bachelor chose, and with that, they concocted their story line to keep the interest and suspense of the general Bachelor fan. Not to mention, that they realize their is a contingent on the net that do sleuth out and debate the show, so they added that mystery as well to their mix. So for me a clue to figuring out which of the girls is Travis's pick is to think like an editor!!

Well alrightly then. Travis has said that he wants to marry "forever". (Well, at least his mother was quoted in an article stating something about his choice being the life choice.
    I think Sarah S's chubby rollers perfectly symbolize the 1950's wife.

Seriously, that was the 1st thing that popped into my head when the clip rolled. Editing?
    Last edited by vicyn8; 01-31-2006 at 11:47 PM.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar
    Example: The gym-rat Matt and Meredith snuggle on her family's basement couch. At this point they had two strong contenders. Matt showed well and Ian showed well. They knew Meredith chose Ian so they put in the couch scene (ever etched) where Meredith says she would love a ring from Matt. Thereafter, her struggle and tears...makes you wonder now if they came from guilt...but, it was a good story. It also kept the viewers glued to an "unknown" conclusion. Even though I was an Ian fan, I held my breath until Matt stepped out of the limo.

Which brings me to gym-rat Travis, sort of...the home cooked? dinner for Sarah S family speaks volumes for his want of a family life, but perhaps like on Jesse's fantasy date with Tara, he shows a more intimate connection with one of the others - thus setting up a conflict of emotion for the final 2.

It's the conflict that will keep the viewers watching (and pushing up those ratings.) Wonder who will provide the emotional conflict this show?

Quote Originally Posted by vicyn8 View Post
    Well alrightly then. Travis has said that he wants to marry "forever". (Well, at least his mother was quoted in an article stating something about his choice being the life choice.
    I think Sarah S's chubby rollers perfectly symbolize the 1950's wife.

Seriously, that was the 1st thing that popped into my head when the clip rolled. Editing?
    I can see that Seriously, I didn't even know anyone wore rollers like that anymore... But the editors were probably prompting her to go get her date box in those hideous things.. There have been Bachelors in the past who've admitted after the show that the editors would bribe them to do certain things. I mentioned this on another thread, but I remember Warrior Josh who's a runner having to agree to answer the door to Jen w/o his shirt in exchange for running time away from the loft.
    don't you know when they're going through all the miles and miles of footage, they're thinking.. ok, SS is our 'goodie goodie' old fashion girl so let's promote that footage and use all her cheesiest lines also?

I don't see how she is able to use those rollers....
    I remember when I was 16 or so, my mom got me some rollers like that for Christmas - I have thick hair like Sarah's, and we ended up having to CUT those things out of my hair... which makes me lean towards the set-up, also.

I think that all of the hype over Moana is a production, also.

FORT Regular
    How are you sure that Dr. Dud and School marm. didn't know each other before the show? Many actresses and pretty girls were used to fill in the other spots. Having the plainest homliest one win is highly unlikely. Why would he keep most of the actresses in the beginning? hmmmmm
    He wanted the one that wants to be friends and is asexual and no traveling required. story was built around these two
    and is narrated by the hyper anxious teacher.
    This way he can use the excuse she wants to be friends first
    and conveniently fade off into the drug lab at the hospital never to be seen or to finish his internship at the ER. and grow out his unruly mop and go back to being a stoner, but with his schooling:nono paid off..

lollipop...I guess we are NEVER sure of anything until the final show! But I would be very angry if as Chris said "they went all the way to Paris when they already had a conclusion to the story"! This show is on life support now they might as well pull the plug if this is true!

Having the plainest homliest one win is highly unlikely.

Maybe some people can see beyond the package to the beauty on the inside. Maybe others with beautiful packages are homely and plain on the inside.

Married December 2010 Brightcryptic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grandedame View Post
    Having the plainest homliest one win is highly unlikely.

Maybe some people can see beyond the package to the beauty on the inside. Maybe others with beautiful packages are homely and plain on the inside.
    The thing with it is though, that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I find Sarah S very pretty, while I don't think she is as stunning as Susan - I think she is still pretty in her own right. I don't find her homely or plain by any means.

The thing we always have to remember is we only see of these women what the editors allow us to see - we don't know them at all. Susan's beautiful, but does she have anything else to offer? Sarah B is cute, but does she have what it would take to fit into Travis' life? These are all the things to be considered when looking at the big picture.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast