+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 67

Thread: Fleiss and Co.'s formula for the Bachelor **possible spoilers**

  1. #41
    The Mad Artist RandalR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    San Francisco, CA/Las Vegas, NV
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    So what are really the odds that they already knew each other??
    Zero. There are only 67,000 people in Walnut Creek, CA, and I've never met Cole or Stephanie - nor did I have any idea that they even existed before the show started.

    Your point is valid - in a large urban area the probability of two people knowing each other, even if they live only "blocks apart", is minimal.

  2. #42
    gardening geek perennialprince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    57
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    I love the hometown dates! In previous seasons they have produced such "gems" as Lanny's mom. Who needs horror movies when there's such good horror in real life? Oh, how I want one of the girls' parents to tell Dr.Dull that according to their beliefs, he must agree to be a submissive husband!!

    I'm actually disappointed in this season for more reasons than a wooden Dash who keeps saying amazing at least 10 times an episode. Where are the virgins? Where are the relious psychos? Where are the stalkers? Where's Frankenstein's bride who already wants to marry the Bachelor after the first cocktail party? Nobody fainted; nobody threw up; nobody's close relative died! I mean, is this any way to treat a loyal audience, by denying us all the fun?
    MsFroggy: I think Tara threw up - they just didn't show it on national TV!!! (oh my God, now that would have been great!)
    PP
    it's really perennialprincess, there just wasn't enough space to fit it all in!

  3. #43
    FORT Fanatic vicyn8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain View Post
    Although lots of us (myself included) found last week's episode edited down to a boring flatliner, I can't help but envision Fleiss staging a remake of The Wizard of Oz:

    Travis hops a plane/tornado to Paris/Oz, but there he finds the same characters in Paris/Oz--just in different costumes, so he hops a plane/balloon back home to Tennessee/Kansas and finds that he doesn't "ever want to go looking for [his] heart's desire anywhere else again. . . . because there's no place like home."
    So are you saying the final 3 are the lion, the tinman, and the scarecrow?

  4. #44
    FORT Regular Bama14's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain View Post
    Although lots of us (myself included) found last week's episode edited down to a boring flatliner, I can't help but envision Fleiss staging a remake of The Wizard of Oz:

    Travis hops a plane/tornado to Paris/Oz, but there he finds the same characters in Paris/Oz--just in different costumes, so he hops a plane/balloon back home to Tennessee/Kansas and finds that he doesn't "ever want to go looking for [his] heart's desire anywhere else again. . . . because there's no place like home."
    Good one Bamabrain! He shouldn't look any further than his own back yard. LOL

  5. #45
    FORT regular asher13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area California
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by RandalR View Post
    Zero. There are only 67,000 people in Walnut Creek, CA, and I've never met Cole or Stephanie - nor did I have any idea that they even existed before the show started.

    Your point is valid - in a large urban area the probability of two people knowing each other, even if they live only "blocks apart", is minimal.
    Wow, Randal I am from Walnut Creek as well... small world! I agree I don't know either of the girls that were from this area, and in reality haven't met anyone who does know them.... I did know one of the competitors from the Amazing Race #6 Jon from team Kris and Jon. We always seem to get alot of reality show contestants from the BA..

  6. #46
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by lollipop1 View Post
    :Having the plainest homliest one win is highly unlikely.
    I totally disagree. I think Sarah S. is just as pretty if not more than the other ladies left. Travis obviously thinks she's beautiful. On their 1-on-1 date, remember when the rude Frenchman said something that got bleeped. Travis covered it up by saying that he must have said you're (SS) the most beautiful woman in the world (something like that). What counts is what Travis thinks, right?

  7. #47
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    I'm actually disappointed in this season for more reasons than a wooden Dash who keeps saying amazing at least 10 times an episode. Where are the virgins? Where are the relious psychos? Where are the stalkers? Where's Frankenstein's bride who already wants to marry the Bachelor after the first cocktail party? Nobody fainted; nobody threw up; nobody's close relative died! I mean, is this any way to treat a loyal audience, by denying us all the fun?
    Hey, but they did give us poor Allie G. and her rotting eggs. I wonder if she'll ever live that one down. I felt so bad for her -- her humiliating herself on national television.

  8. #48
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    22

    Travis' home

    Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam View Post
    I love that Travis invites Sara S. family to his house for dinner but I think that was the setup from the get go. THe producers wanted to have Travis and Sara S in Nashville to stress the "can you beleive we live in the same town" theme.
    I think that's a brave move for Travis to have Sarah and her family see where he lives. A home can say a lot about someone. To have tv cameras in your home... What does this say about Travis and Sarah's relationship? I think it's pretty special that Sarah is the one to see where Travis resides.

  9. #49
    FORT Fogey HotMomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,876
    Here is something I was thinking about! Go to the media thread and re-read the first TV guide about the new bachelor. It says an overnight date in the alps! hmmmmm I think that could be a clue...

  10. #50
    The Mad Artist RandalR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    San Francisco, CA/Las Vegas, NV
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,511
    Quote Originally Posted by aggie View Post
    I totally disagree. I think Sarah S. is just as pretty if not more than the other ladies left.
    Lollipop1 has an obvious grudge and is exaggerating, but she's not entirely wrong. Sarah S is a little prettier than Moana on a good day, perhaps, but lacks Moana's physique and exotic looks. Sarah B is prettier than Sarah S, while Susan is light years ahead of all of them. But they would all look a lot better in person than they do on TV, so "homely" is a completely inappropriate adjective.

    Travis obviously thinks she's beautiful.
    That might be true, but, perhaps due to editing, it's anything but obvious.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.