+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fleiss and Co.'s formula for the Bachelor **possible spoilers**

The final meet the bachelor's parents is also a great predictor. I especially remember thinking that when Mer's parents met Ian they would not like him, but who'd a thunk it that Mer's mom and dad definitely saw Mer's attraction and then Fleiss also showed that Ian actually DID want children etc, just not yet.
    Of course Kirsten's trip to wine country goes down as an all time example of way to screw up your final rose chances. Fleiss definitely edited Kirsten's visit more negatively than Jen's, and then when Andrew's bulldog brother got hold of the info on standby Bill, it was all over.

That's why I'm agreeing that if this edition was Bachelor Survivor, Sarah S will outlast the others, making fewer waves and walking away at the end the winner. If Sarah S's family gels with Travis and he feels comfortable enough to invite them to his place for dinner, she scored far more brownie points than the others because IT'S SOMETHING THAT WOULD HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE! You definitely can't dismiss the familiarity quotient.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

I love that Travis invites Sara S. family to his house for dinner but I think that was the setup from the get go. THe producers wanted to have Travis and Sara S in Nashville to stress the "can you beleive we live in the same town" theme. Sara S. parents live halfway Memphis. Memphis to Nashville (used to be, I havent driven it in many years) about a four hour drive. I think they never intended to load up the cameras /crews/families and drive there for dinner after hanging out in Nashville for the day. I assume it will look very spontaneous though.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by berries View Post
    Based on your assessment, the women (The Bachelorettes) pick the sexually charged guy, but the guys (The Bachelors) pick the homely girl in the end! Oh - but what about Trista? I thought she had more sexual chemistry with Charlie than Ryan...

Oops...I didn't realize I had presented it that way, but now that I look at it again, I did make it seem like that didn't I?

About Trista and Ryan...I'll never forget the hot tub scene...she rolled her eyes backwards in her head after they kissed and you could see the um "frustration" in her eyes.

Speaking of meeting the parents in the final 2...I think the most painful one to watch was Kelly Jo/Estella's season with Blob...Blob's mother was absolutely rude by basically ignoring Kelly Jo. That was a big clue Kelly Jo wasn't the final one...that and her glitter eye makeup she wore.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

I love the hometown dates! In previous seasons they have produced such "gems" as Lanny's mom. Who needs horror movies when there's such good horror in real life? Oh, how I want one of the girls' parents to tell Dr.Dull that according to their beliefs, he must agree to be a submissive husband!!

I'm actually disappointed in this season for more reasons than a wooden Dash who keeps saying amazing at least 10 times an episode. Where are the virgins? Where are the relious psychos? Where are the stalkers? Where's Frankenstein's bride who already wants to marry the Bachelor after the first cocktail party? Nobody fainted; nobody threw up; nobody's close relative died! I mean, is this any way to treat a loyal audience, by denying us all the fun?
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    I love the hometown dates! In previous seasons they have produced such "gems" as Lanny's mom. Who needs horror movies when there's such good horror in real life? Oh, how I want one of the girls' parents to tell Dr.Dull that according to their beliefs, he must agree to be a submissive husband!!

I'm actually disappointed in this season for more reasons than a wooden Dash who keeps saying amazing at least 10 times an episode. Where are the virgins? Where are the relious psychos? Where are the stalkers? Where's Frankenstein's bride who already wants to marry the Bachelor after the first cocktail party? Nobody fainted; nobody threw up; nobody's close relative died! I mean, is this any way to treat a loyal audience, by denying us all the fun?
    You're right, MsFroggy, about not having a real drama queens this time.. I'm missing the Stalker-love at first sight Bachelorette.. Darn it, we want our wackos... "people hate me because I'm beautiful", drunk keg party girls (although Tara tried her darndest to fulfill that role!! )!!
    Did you guys also notice that they're bringing back past contestants to relive their fantasy dates and they included Trish!!! What, we get to hear her relive her Stalker girl impersonation?? That should be interesting.. At least we don't have to hear Bob or Jesse bragging on all the girls they 'scored' with!!

I guess I'm an odd ball....because I still am just asking/looking for the romance. I have plenty of drama in my own life I could do without the Lanny hometown visit again...he was my fav. that season and that broke my heart
    Good thing I learned my lesson and won't allow myself to pick fav. anymore

I know what you mean, wisgal. I really really liked Lanny, too! I thought he was such a sweetheart.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Although lots of us (myself included) found last week's episode edited down to a boring flatliner, I can't help but envision Fleiss staging a remake of The Wizard of Oz:

Travis hops a plane/tornado to Paris/Oz, but there he finds the same characters in Paris/Oz--just in different costumes, so he hops a plane/balloon back home to Tennessee/Kansas and finds that he doesn't "ever want to go looking for [his] heart's desire anywhere else again. . . . because there's no place like home."

Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain View Post
    Although lots of us (myself included) found last week's episode edited down to a boring flatliner, I can't help but envision Fleiss staging a remake of The Wizard of Oz:

Travis hops a plane/tornado to Paris/Oz, but there he finds the same characters in Paris/Oz--just in different costumes, so he hops a plane/balloon back home to Tennessee/Kansas and finds that he doesn't "ever want to go looking for [his] heart's desire anywhere else again. . . . because there's no place like home."
    Story complete with Toto, er, Sarah B.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam View Post
    I love that Travis invites Sara S. family to his house for dinner but I think that was the setup from the get go. THe producers wanted to have Travis and Sara S in Nashville to stress the "can you beleive we live in the same town" theme. Sara S. parents live halfway Memphis. Memphis to Nashville (used to be, I havent driven it in many years) about a four hour drive. I think they never intended to load up the cameras /crews/families and drive there for dinner after hanging out in Nashville for the day. I assume it will look very spontaneous though.
    I live in Memphis, lived in Nashville about 10 years ago. WOW I just realized how old I am getting. Anyway, depending on which part of either city you are coming from/going to, the drive can be anywhere from 3 to 4 hours

I have read several times here speculation that if they both live in Nashville, they must be neighbors or know each other and the whole thing is a setup. I think a lot of New York/Boston/LA folks don't realize that in the 'flyover' states, everybody does not know every body else except in the smallest towns. There are over 1 million people in Nashville. He's only been there since finishing Med school in Virginia. She's probably only been there for three or four years since finishing college. So what are really the odds that they already knew each other??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast