+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fleiss and Co.'s formula for the Bachelor **possible spoilers**

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Here, here Cafegirl...life would be dull if we all agreed.

To continue the topic, I posted in the other thread about crazy parents theme...I think Fleiss to some extent highlights the crazies as a way to give the Bachelor/Bachelorette an "out" in the end for the one he did not choose. Of course, there are some cases where this hasn't been true (I remember Trista's parents just absolutely adoring Charlie and it made me feel bad for Ryan). But the crazy parents spooking the Bachelor/ette definitely take the majority as a clue to give a contestant the boot.

As I am trying to remember all of them, it brings back a lot of chuckles because they're series favorites. Help me if I miss some.

Lanny and his mom grilling Meredith about religion and stuff.

Chad and his mom spilling it about his lack of employment.

Tara and her dad taking Jesse "shooting" with shot guns.

What was the cute blond up next to Helene??? Her dad and his "Bama" room.

Mandy and her mom displaying her pageant shrine.

Krisily and her grandma wanting the bachelor for herself and telling Krisily to have sex with him.

Now we have Susan's parents questioning her motives and Moana's Dad grilling Travis. Makes you wonder.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Oh, that was Bama Brooke. Loved her!
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by Igotalife View Post
    Tara and her dad taking Jesse "shooting" with shot guns.
    That was the all-time weird family moment - I'm surprised Tara even got to the Final Two after that. The guy was pretty perceptive, though ("Where'd you get this dork?")

Now we have Susan's parents questioning her motives and Moana's Dad grilling Travis. Makes you wonder.
    "Tension at home" is becoming a standard Fleiss formula, but despite the comments it looks like Sarah B is going to get the worst of it, this time. Maybe in her case it's self-inflicted.

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    I agree, Randal. And Igotalife, love your family Hall of Fame.. or should I say "Shame"??
    add to that
    Wendell's sloshed family.. saying they didn't like the show
    and in addition to Chad's unemployment coifin sealer, we had the Crazy (like us?? ) Bachelor fanatic sisters!!
    Wasn't it Kelly Jo's mom or grandma who jumped up on Bob throwing her legs around him... causing me, I'm sure to spit out whatever (?? hmm) beverage I was drinking at the time!!!
    Oh.. good times!!
    And your right.. the winner's family has rarely gotten the bad edit.. other than Ian's Secret Service looking, no fun Bro!!

Quote Originally Posted by Igotalife View Post
    They've cast the hero/villain against one another in F2 in quite a few of the shows. They usually begin to really highlight the character differences as early as the last episode (sometimes sooner, but at least when they are down to 6)

I think that's the formula they are following now I think to some extent...Moana or Susan (both with hidden agendas) vs SS (sweet, wholesome, stable)

Ian (unemployed-but-really-a-retired-venture-capitalist and sexually charged) vs Matt (the sweet, safe, stable choice)

Kirstin (the gold-digging, two timer that was hated by all the girls) vs Jen (the homely, sweet, buddy buddy)

Jerry (the risky, sexually charged guy) vs Jean Claude Van Daam, oh, I mean John Paul (the wealthy, stable, mature beyond his years)
    Based on your assessment, the women (The Bachelorettes) pick the sexually charged guy, but the guys (The Bachelors) pick the homely girl in the end! Oh - but what about Trista? I thought she had more sexual chemistry with Charlie than Ryan...

Quote Originally Posted by berries View Post
    Based on your assessment, the women (The Bachelorettes) pick the sexually charged guy, but the guys (The Bachelors) pick the homely girl in the end! Oh - but what about Trista? I thought she had more sexual chemistry with Charlie than Ryan...
    I think Trista made a mistake too but I'm being biased...I love Charlie. J/k though, Ryan was really a great guy and great choice for her.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

Absolutely agree that the interview process was used to ferret out potential foder for exploit.

I kept wondering why Sarah S was always narratoring. Well, now we know. According to an interview posted in another thread her dream job would be that of newscaster.

How blatantly clear this becoming.

Quote Originally Posted by vicyn8 View Post
    Absolutely agree that the interview process was used to ferret out potential foder for exploit.

I kept wondering why Sarah S was always narratoring. Well, now we know. According to an interview posted in another thread her dream job would be that of newscaster.

How blatantly clear this becoming.
    Funny everyone on another board was talking about SB acting done just once, and now to find out that SS wants to be in broadcast? well I wonder how Mr Doc is going to take this, he doesn't seem like the type to want to be in the spotlight.

Married December 2010 Brightcryptic's Avatar

Dream Job

Haven't you ever had a dream job - Something you'd love to do that you aren't currently doing? Something that you probably never would actually do. I've had them, my husband has them, heck everyone that *I* personally know has a dream job. Does that mean we'll ever see them or go after them, no. It's just a fantasy. You guys are acting like her father said she quit her job to land a talk-show gig. That's not what he was saying at all, imo.

Teachers only become teachers because they have the passion and love for the profession. You don't become a teacher on a whim. I think that Sarah S' passion and dedication resides with her being a teacher. Just look at her light up in the preview when she's with her class.

My point was: the producers took (assuming they knew) her "dream job" and edited it into a reality without her knowledge.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast