+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I don't understand the appeal of this show

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kmjm View Post
    As far as I know the same rules apply to the men and the women, in terms of being confined to the house.
    I agree with all your post kmjm, And yes, I love the Bachelorette more!!
    It is true that the guys are confined just like the girls. Ben (cutie pie!!) in his commentaries on the show, stated just that. He said they were pretty much prompted to discuss the show and in particular the girl. The only one who got to go out on Jen's show that I read about was Virgin Warrior Josh who got to go run each day but he wrote on his site that he had to make deals w/ the producers to get running time, like agreeing to answer the door to Jen without his shirt one. Remember Jen's smirking look and snide comment on that? Oh wait, Jen made smirking looks and snide comments about ALL the men!
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

FORT Fogey
    No matter what your career goals, desire for a vacation or just urning for the experience of being on TV, still we all want to find love. I doubt anyone on this show does not harbor the hope he or she will fall in love. You can meet your partner most anywhere.

I keep watching in hopes some woman will talk to him about movies, food, pets, favorite vacation places, anything but their non exsistant relationship. It drives me mad.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat View Post
    No matter what your career goals, desire for a vacation or just urning for the experience of being on TV, still we all want to find love. I doubt anyone on this show does not harbor the hope he or she will fall in love. You can meet your partner most anywhere.

I keep watching in hopes some woman will talk to him about movies, food, pets, favorite vacation places, anything but their non exsistant relationship. It drives me mad.
    I think they do. We just don't get to see it. The fleisser dicers have decided it would not be interesting enough. Stupid people.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by tz192 View Post
    I think they do. We just don't get to see it. The fleisser dicers have decided it would not be interesting enough. Stupid people.
    Yes. They probably prompt them to talk about the "relationship" too.

I also think Bob, with permission of the producers told Estella that he had fallen in love while waiting for the show to begin taping. She was an odd choice and probably one with whom he felt little connection. It would have been too callous to do otherwise.

FORT Fan
    Yes. They probably prompt them to talk about the "relationship" too.

I also think Bob, with permission of the producers told Estella that he had fallen in love while waiting for the show to begin taping. She was an odd choice and probably one with whom he felt little connection. It would have been too callous to do otherwise.
    Callous - the fliesser dicers callous !!! Not them ! I don't think he told her. I think this is why they hate Bob so much because he fell in love after the show began when he met Rebecca whatever her name during the recaps of the Bachelor. I don't think he told them he met someone because he wanted his moment of fame - he the ultimate famewhore.

FORT Fogey
    I believe Bob fell in love with Rebecca while on a promotional gambit before the show began taping. He had a walk on part on her soap opera. The casting had been completed so there was no getting out of it because all the woman were on the show to meet him. I really do think he selected Estella because she had not fallen in love with him. It would have been totally heartless to go with Mary.

I believe Bob fell in love with Rebecca while on a promotional gambit before the show began taping. He had a walk on part on her soap opera. The casting had been completed so there was no getting out of it because all the woman were on the show to meet him. I really do think he selected Estella because she had not fallen in love with him. It would have been totally heartless to go with Mary.
    That's probably true - but if it is it makes his performance as the "kissing bandit" all the more distasteful, and especially disrepectful to Rebecca.

FORT Fogey
    Oh, I agree. I am not a fan of Bob. That was the worst season. None of them are all that great. I couldn't say why I watch this show other than I am hooked on the genre of reality TV. Just as my husband will watch any science fiction, no matter how hokey.

Quote Originally Posted by kmjm View Post
    However, what I'm always hoping for is another true and romantic end like Ian and Meredith. I thought we had it with Jen and Jerry, but then that horrible woman ruined it all!

After Andrew and Jen broke up, I gave up on them finding soul mates, to me if they stay together more than 5 months I deem them as sucessful, that is about the average of non -reality relationships...........

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast