+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1/23/06 Two Hours of the Bachelor Again!

Quote Originally Posted by vicyn8 View Post
    Maybe there's another twist in the works.
    Twist 1: friends get to pick 1-1
    2: roseless pick 1-1
    3: best sleuther on FORT gets to pick 1-1 (thus the need to rerun) Runner up gets first kiss from Dr. stork.
    You may be on to something!

These change have more to do with a network skittish over its programming than anything to do with the Bachelor itself. The Bach provides a nice one-hour block they can use as a lead-in to its 10 p.m. timeslot. The ratings seem to me to have gone up from last week with the two-hour block this past Monday, but I'd have to check that.

Here's an article about the schedule change:
    http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|99618|1|,00.html
    I think ABC just has no faith in the two sitcoms.

As for the ratings,
    NBC peaked at 9 p.m. as the Globes improved to 12.8/18. FOX stayed in second at "24" came in at 9.2/13 in its fourth hour. Repeats of "Two and a Half Men," 8.4.12, and "Out of Practice," 7.1/10, were third for CBS. ABC dropped to fourth with a repeat of last week's "Bachelor" premiere. (ABC, 5.3/8) "Girlfriends" and "Half & Half" brought UPN up to fifth. The WB trailed with a repeat of "Related."

The Golden Globes concluded with a 12.5/19 at 10 p.m. as "Brokeback Mountain" and "Walk the Line" won the best film awards. "CSI: Miami" scored a 9.3/14 for CBS, and a new episode of "The Bachelor" came in at 5.3/8 for ABC.
    The full article is here: http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,272|99589|1|,00.html

ETA: I found the ratings from the premiere. They weren't as high, so the show seems to have gained viewers because of the repeat.
    (Week of Bach Premiere) ABC didn't make much noise with the premieres of "Emily's Reasons Why Not," 4.4/6, and "Jake in Progress," 4.0/6. ... At 10 p.m., "CSI: Miami" scored the night's biggest audience with a 12.7/20. "Medium" averaged 7.5/12 for NBC, and the premiere of "The Bachelor: Paris" came in at 4.7/7.
    Last edited by snooky; 01-19-2006 at 03:00 AM.

Maybe they just need to return the Bachelor to its old 9PM timeslot and avoid the two powerhouses Medium and CSI Miami.

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Maybe they just need to return the Bachelor to its old 9PM timeslot and avoid the two powerhouses Medium and CSI Miami.
    I'd sure be in favor of that... I like CSI Miami but I'm putting it on hiatus for the Bachelor!!
    I think their ratings would improve at the 9:00/8:00Central tme slot and maybe that's what they're playing with by doing the encore shows. Just please, Fleiss, please... give us new outtakes as rosekid said.
    Thanks Snooky for the ratings update!!
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

So the premire got 4.7 Rating and 7 Share.
    Replay of the premire got 5.9 Rating and 8 Share.

That's more than 1 rating point improvement for the rebroadcast!
    I can't Belize it!

The not so bright part is that the new second episode airing also got 5.3/8. That's no gain over the repeat episode (I guess we all caught the repeat!). Although I wonder if this is a typo.

Arielflies, let's hope they don't move The Bachelor up against 24. I only have one VCR, I couldn't record both!
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    You may be on to something!

Interesting. Maybe random pic as someone he did give a rose to after the RC left on there own. He now gets another choice before the next events???? Who knows but this is all very strange. Has it got something to do with the secret. Weird ??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12