+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tara - Season 8

Sexy Longhorn Girl 21longhorngal's Avatar
    I dont like her either, she just seems like someone that is only good for one night stands.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzim View Post
    I agree. She seems to be having more fun with the girls than with Travis. I don't sense that she has any real interest in him, despite the fact that she pulled him away for some alone time on the Champagne date.
    More like she wants alone time with the champagne.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    VERY immature when she and Jehan broke in on Susan's birthday party. That should give Doc a very strong clue as to what she's all about.

And last night's stunt breaking up Travis and Sarah S. - she and some of the girls were going up to the hot tub - give me a break - everything is a little too planned out and she shows she is a very jealous girl - not a good candidate for a Doctor's wife - one of my bestfriends is married to a Dr. and it takes a lot of TRUST to be married to them - especially Emergency Room Drs who spend the night at the hospital (around all those nurses) - they are very busy people but you have to be able to trust and she is not possible of that with the way she handles her jealousy. I just don't like "jealous" people and I guess I have a problem with her "breaking" up other's "personal time" with Travis. I am sure she would be very upset if someone did the same to her - just like her obvious jealousy of Moana "stealing" so much of Travis' time on their group date - she did not like that at all - poor girl!

I really like Tara... she's just fighting for Travis...
    And I don't think she sounds drunk... some people just talk different ways...it's kinda mean if you make fun of the way they talk just because it's different from how you talk :S

Quote Originally Posted by butterflygirl View Post
    And last night's stunt breaking up Travis and Sarah S. - she and some of the girls were going up to the hot tub - give me a break - everything is a little too planned out and she shows she is a very jealous girl - not a good candidate for a Doctor's wife - one of my bestfriends is married to a Dr. and it takes a lot of TRUST to be married to them - especially Emergency Room Drs who spend the night at the hospital (around all those nurses) - they are very busy people but you have to be able to trust and she is not possible of that with the way she handles her jealousy. I just don't like "jealous" people and I guess I have a problem with her "breaking" up other's "personal time" with Travis. I am sure she would be very upset if someone did the same to her - just like her obvious jealousy of Moana "stealing" so much of Travis' time on their group date - she did not like that at all - poor girl!
    In my opinion, you should really rethink your statement about having a lot of trust for a man who is "spending the night at the hospital around all those nurses". All people are not honest, and any good relationship is based on trust---no matter the occupation. As a veteran ER nurse, the LAST thing on one's mind while attempting to save lives is hanky panky! REAL LIFE is a complete contrast of Grey's Anatomy.

Ah yes...very true!

Quote Originally Posted by himaintenance View Post
    In my opinion, you should really rethink your statement about having a lot of trust for a man who is "spending the night at the hospital around all those nurses". All people are not honest, and any good relationship is based on trust---no matter the occupation. As a veteran ER nurse, the LAST thing on one's mind while attempting to save lives is hanky panky! REAL LIFE is a complete contrast of Grey's Anatomy.

It is an opinion and I have thought about it being that one of my best friends is a wife of a Dr in an Emergency Room and she has nurses throwing themselves at him all the time - about "spending the night" at the hospital -that is in regards to the time that they are "not saving lives" and goofing off. Those Drs are not busy saving lives during their entire shift and neither are the nurses. I am not speaking for all Drs and all Nurses and I think that is where you are misunderstanding me. Sorry you took this personally - but my opinion is based off of years of knowing a Dr and his wife and knowing that he is a good guy and would never cheat on his wife of 10 years and 3 children but the stories he comes home with are unbelievable - and I have never watched one episode of Grey's Anatomy. I also used to have a friend - very attractive girl - that was a nurse, she is in Real Estate now, but her stories pretty much matched the stories from my other friend. I guess I just know that it takes a lot of trust for all relationships but a DR has women throwing themselves at them all the time, especially if they are good looking and charming - and it is not just the nurses, the patients as well!!! I did not mean to offend you personally because I believe that MOST Drs and nurses do not behave in a bad way but based on all the stories from friends in the "field", you have to have major TRUST and Tara does not show that at all to me. She needs to grow up... I think Travis will figure out that she is too immature to be a Drs wife.
    Last edited by hepcat; 01-24-2006 at 08:02 PM. Reason: at BG's request

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by tz192 View Post
    More like she wants alone time with the champagne.
    Classic!

I think she also immediately perks up when she hears...this "Bud's" for you.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by butterflygirl View Post
    It is an opinion and I have thought about it being that one of my best friends is a wife of a Dr in an Emergency Room and she has nurses throwing themselves at him all the time - about "spending the night" at the hospital -that is in regards to the time that they are "not saving lives" and goofing off. Those Drs are not busy saving lives during their entire shift and neither are the nurses. I am not speaking for all Drs and all Nurses and I think that is where you are misunderstanding me. Sorry you took this personally - but my opinion is based off of years of knowing a Dr and his wife and knowing that he is a good guy and would never cheat on his wife of 10 years and 3 children but the stories he comes home with are unbelievable - and I have never watched one episode of Grey's Anatomy. I also used to have a friend - very attractive girl - that was a nurse, she is in Real Estate now, but her stories pretty much matched the stories from my other friend. I guess I just know that it takes a lot of trust for all relationships but a DR has women throwing themselves at them all the time, especially if they are good looking and charming - and it is not just the nurses, the patients as well!!! I did not mean to offend you personally because I believe that MOST Drs and nurses do not behave in a bad way but based on all the stories from friends in the "field", you have to have major TRUST and Tara does not show that at all to me. She needs to grow up... I think Travis will figure out that she is too immature to be a Drs wife.
    I understand your point, and I honestly didn't mean to sound as bitchy as I must have come across! I've worked in some of the busiest trauma centers in the south, and we are busy 95% of the time. I know there's down time in every hospital and I understand what you're saying about people throwing themselves at the good-looking docs. I guess where I'm coming from is that nurses already have a poor stereotype/stigma associated with the profession, and most the general public doesn't understand what nurses actually do. As I said before, trust is an essential component in every relatiobship. I just think that any good looking man (or woman) in a profession where a significant salary is involved is always going to have the opposite sex behaving in a manner that is not appropriate. In this case, Tara is far to immature to be ANYONE's wife, not just a doc's wife.

Quote Originally Posted by himaintenance View Post

I understand your point, and I honestly didn't mean to sound as bitchy as I must have come across! I've worked in some of the busiest trauma centers in the south, and we are busy 95% of the time. I know there's down time in every hospital and I understand what you're saying about people throwing themselves at the good-looking docs. I guess where I'm coming from is that nurses already have a poor stereotype/stigma associated with the profession, and most the general public doesn't understand what nurses actually do. As I said before, trust is an essential component in every relatiobship. I just think that any good looking man (or woman) in a profession where a significant salary is involved is always going to have the opposite sex behaving in a manner that is not appropriate. In this case, Tara is far to immature to be ANYONE's wife, not just a doc's wife.
    It's funny - I had surgery in October, and my surgeon is a handsome fellow. Several nurses on my floor were really very pretty, but none of them seemed to excited when my surgeon came around on call. However, the female residents were, to a woman, made a rather large deal of me mentioning their names to him. It was funny how much they, future doctors themselves, wanted to be sure his attention was focused on them. Unfortunately for them, the guy is married.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast