+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarah B. - Season 8

Nope. I just cant do it. I know it's a sign of weakness. I need remedial FORT training. Boot camp in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by intheblind View Post
    Us die hards want the story.

US die hards really like the sleuthing and the snarking ...
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jelle View Post
    US die hards really like the sleuthing and the snarking ...
    I'll Amen that, Jelle, I love to sleuth and snark, but I've gotta go with intheblind in addition, I want the fairy tale.. fabricated or miraculously, the real thing!!
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl View Post
    I'll Amen that, Jelle, I love to sleuth and snark, but I've gotta go with intheblind in addition, I want the fairy tale.. fabricated or miraculously, the real thing!!
    Yup. Until ATFR there is always hope.

This? Is hilarious!!!!! Nice. "A student" No freaking way.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Now, see, this is why I would *never* do a show like this. I can only imagine the stuff people could pull up about my past! Poor girl, there's no forgiving allowed for what could have been a difficult childhood when you're on the bachelor! Hopefully she has thick skin and can see the humor...she seemed like the type who can. All the power to her...I love to see the 'least likely to succeed' go all the way!

Yeh & guess what I watched last night on satellite (Pretty women ) LOL. Now that makes you think. Do you believe in fairy tales????? Julie Roberts had quite the refreshing language (cop a squat) LOL,age a lot younger, Life style very different but made this guy live & slow down on the stress in his life. This guy didn't care where she was from. LOL

Lets have a fairy tail. Anyone can change course at any time?? My reality is not your reality but one can dream right. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by intheblind View Post
    Yeh & guess what I watched last night on satellite (Pretty women ) LOL. Now that makes you think. Do you believe in fairy tales????? Julie Roberts had quite the refreshing language (cop a squat) LOL,age a lot younger, Life style very different but made this guy live & slow down on the stress in his life. This guy didn't care where she was from. LOL

Lets have a fairy tail. Anyone can change course at any time?? My reality is not your reality but one can dream right. LOL
    Well, if two people "fall in love" it's usually based on neediness...as opposed to two people making a conscious decision to love based on a desire to build a real relationship based on acceptance and support. That's why the Bachelor fails so spectacularly all the time - by design, it pushes the needy, clingy, fairy tale "fall in love" concept, and a few weeks later the participants wake up and say, "Who the heck is this and why did I think I loved him/her?"

One of my favorite sayings (I didn't invent it, but I wish I had) is "Beauty lasts about four months." In other words, after four months, a man stops seeing a woman as a beautiful ideal and just starts thinking of her as Sarah or Susan or Kristen. And when he is no longer blinded by the beautiful ideal, he suddenly finds all sorts of things about her that he really doesn't like. That's why so many relationships break up at around the four month mark with the man doing the dumping - often to the complete surprise of the woman who has no idea what she did wrong. The answer is that she didn't do anything wrong, it's just that the man was refusing to see and accept her as she is.

This tendency in men - especially in the younger, less-experienced men Fleiss likes as eye candy for his mostly female audience - is almost a sure-fire killer for a show like the Bachelor. Because, except for the rare cases where Fleiss gets lucky (Byron's show was over the moment Mary stepped off of that elevator) the artificial nature of the show amplifies the "beautiful ideal" effect and makes the eventual disappointing ending almost certain.

So it isn't really a good idea to watch the show expecting a fairy tale. As a comedic psychological study of dating rituals, though, The Bachelor is first-rate entertainment.

Randal are you AT??? LOL

I must tell you right now I am not needy at all. LOL

But I do like to dream & I do know my Reality. This show is for the young at heart no matter what the age. I sure do not expect miracles but is passion the first instagator for a relationship or at least the start? A person has to figure out if it's good for the run or not & that does not pertain to just men.

Remember men are from Mars & Women from Venus right?

FORT Fanatic
    Did anyone see "The Soup" (formerly known as "Talk Soup") on E! over the weekend? They had this really funny clip of Sarah B., from the first show when Travis gave her the rose and she said "greaaaaaaaaaat" (wasn't that what she said? it was something like that - really drawn out) in this kind of, I'll say "laid back" kind of voice. The clip was just of her saying that one really drawn-out word and this kind of strange expression on her face. It was really funny to see it clipped that way.
    I noticed a similar expression and way of speaking, I think she was saying "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" or something in the TV Guide clip that cafegirl posted in the *spoliers* speculation thread. I won't go into the details, since this isn't a spoiler thread. But we'll have to see if that is her sort of MO in speaking.

+ Reply to Thread