+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 44445464748495051525354

Thread: 1/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I'm kind of ambivalent about this show, but I do feel the need to defend SB somewhat (yikes.) Exactly what has she done that is so immature? She's let him know she likes him, a lot. She's let him know she would like to kiss him. She's talked about him getting intimate with other girls, and how she hopes if he isn't kissing her, he isn't kissing others. She's physical with him, and she isn't concerned about hiding her feelings (whether they are valid at this point in the game or not, which is another topic altogether). She uses language (awesome, wicked, holy s*it) that some may not like or approve of. Big whoop!

I've watched a lot of these shows. There are plenty of women who act no different than SB, whether they are 23 or 33. Kirsten was very possessive of Andrew. Remember the chick who let herself into Byron's room while he was in bed? Shoot, Tara and Jehan, IMO, acted much more immature than SB when they crashed Susan's BD party.

Do I care if SB wins? Not particularly. I'm not emotionally invested in any of them. I just wanted to point out that her behaviour isn't, in my mind, all that bad. She's not backstabbing the girls, she's not stumbling around drunk, she doesn't appear to be spiteful or vindictive, she's no Trish! That behaviour may come, who knows, but at this point I'd be content to say she's a nice girl, young, who doesn't seem able to hide her personality or her feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I'm kind of ambivalent about this show, but I do feel the need to defend SB somewhat (yikes.) Exactly what has she done that is so immature? She's let him know she likes him, a lot. She's let him know she would like to kiss him. She's talked about him getting intimate with other girls, and how she hopes if he isn't kissing her, he isn't kissing others. She's physical with him, and she isn't concerned about hiding her feelings (whether they are valid at this point in the game or not, which is another topic altogether). She uses language (awesome, wicked, holy s*it) that some may not like or approve of. Big whoop!

I've watched a lot of these shows. There are plenty of women who act no different than SB, whether they are 23 or 33. Kirsten was very possessive of Andrew. Remember the chick who let herself into Byron's room while he was in bed? Shoot, Tara and Jehan, IMO, acted much more immature than SB when they crashed Susan's BD party.

Do I care if SB wins? Not particularly. I'm not emotionally invested in any of them. I just wanted to point out that her behaviour isn't, in my mind, all that bad. She's not backstabbing the girls, she's not stumbling around drunk, she doesn't appear to be spiteful or vindictive, she's no Trish! That behaviour may come, who knows, but at this point I'd be content to say she's a nice girl, young, who doesn't seem able to hide her personality or her feelings.

Agreed & thank you so much for that. AS Travis did say he likes the fact that SB does not hold back something which we have not seen with the others yet. He is getting to see who she is. She is not trying to be someone she is not. That is the whole point.
    Hell if that clip & him liking Rap ( you get my point))

May I also remind you I do not expect her to win.

But if you want to point out those who are not trying to be someone they're not....then so is Jehan. In fact, she may very well be one of the most genuine of the gals there. Jehan is Jehan. You get what you see. That's how I see her. SarahB may not try to be someone she's not, but she is very immature. I see Jehan as very mature and down to earth.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

I'm not thrilled with any of the women at this point, but find nothing at all likable about Sarah. She looks trashy and acts like she's in high school. Hopefully she and Travis will never talk on the phone or we'll have to endure scintillating comments like "I like you more." and "You hang up first."

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam View Post
    Seriously, dont you just want to fix some of them up with some of Jens' rejects? Ryan was so nice. And Ben. And whatever happened to Meredith's Lanny? Which one would be good for Elizabeth?

I think Matt (Meredith's runner up) would be good with Sara B. THey could just sort of coo at eachother alot. Allie G and Harold I-can-picture-you-pregnant- of course.

The all new, completely untried, no track record whatsoever FORT dating service. Step right up.
    Hey, those guys had several week runs being idolized every week by seventeen million marriage-hungry young women. After the shows ended, I don't think they had any trouble finding instant dates.

It's a little harder for the ex-Bachelorettes because relatively few men watch the show (which is too bad - they are missing out on all this classic comedy!)

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    But if you want to point out those who are not trying to be someone they're not....then so is Jehan. In fact, she may very well be one of the most genuine of the gals there. Jehan is Jehan. You get what you see. That's how I see her. SarahB may not try to be someone she's not, but she is very immature. I see Jehan as very mature and down to earth.
    I certainly like Jehan more than I do Tara. Aside from crashing the BD party, she seems like a great girl. It's hard to believe, watching Jehan and Sarah, that they are about the same age as Susan. She seems like she is at least 5 years older, if not more.

It's hard with these shows to get a real sense of "genuine" isn't it? So spliced and diced, and people in fantasy situations that may make them behave in ways they would not when at home, in regular life. But, that's the fun of watching for us!

Quote Originally Posted by dberk View Post
    I'm not thrilled with any of the women at this point, but find nothing at all likable about Sarah. She looks trashy and acts like she's in high school. Hopefully she and Travis will never talk on the phone or we'll have to endure scintillating comments like "I like you more." and "You hang up first."
    Yeah, that could be quite the conversation...zzzzzzzz.zzzzzz zzz!

+ Reply to Thread