+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Letters

FORT Regular
    Hey Travis,

Just a quick question. Do you ever think about what you say and the speed with which you say it?
    One lame comment comes to mind. You and The Ex kindergarten teacher talking about "PDA's." You said it really bothered you when people made out in public, as if they were saying, hey look at me. It's so wrong!
    Well Dear ER med student you are making out on National TV in front of millions. Oh that's right you above and beyond everyone else and you love degrading and patronizing women. Get a big magnifying mirror, take a look and you will want to

Dear Susan,

Now that you are free from the clutches of that annoying doctor guy I was hoping maybe we could get together. I couldn't help but feel a connection between you and I those 248 times that you were supposedly talking to Travis but your eyes were looking at me.

As you know, I am working in California and my extensive list of industry connections could come in handy for your budding acting career. Please contact me through Mr. Fleiss.

Truly yours,
    Your Bachelor Cameraman

P.S. I think you are amazing.
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

Mr. Fleiss,

I have previously sent you a letter demanding that all profanity be edited out of the show. The words of most concern to me where: "amazing", "journey" and "connection". You have not yet replied to said letter, and I can only assume that you are in the process of formulating a favorable and intelligent reply, thus your delay.

I would now like to expand the list of objectionable words, to include: "perfect" and "we're on the same page".

My expectation is that you will take swift action in order to avoid losing 2 healthy eyeballs trained on the embarrassing hygiene product commercials that you favor airing during the show, thus causing you loss of revenue.

Thank you,
    Froggy

*Thanks to Arielflies for pointing out these new profanities.*
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Dear Travis,
    So it didn't work out from what I understand. Why don't you just follow your own heart this time, and make this the most romantic Bachelor season ever, by dating someone YOU really liked that was sent home? You seemed very attracted to Susan, Moana and SarahB. I think you questioned susan's motives, but now that you're done and away from the cameras, give it a whirl. You also seemed very attracted to Moana. I think the date at home put the stops to that relationship. Why don't you just go on what YOU feel now? You also seemed intrigued/attracted to SarahB....too young, perhaps? Well, now you're done with the show. Do what it is YOU want to do.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Dear Sis,
    It's not that I don't love you, but I will NEVER and I repeat NEVER take your advice again! I know you must love me, but this turned out as badly as the time that you tried to drown me when Mom wasn't looking. Your excuse then was that you were only three.
    Love, Travis

easily distracted
    Quote Originally Posted by lollipop1 View Post
    Hey Travis,

you love degrading and patronizing women.
    I obviously know nothing about Travis other than the little we saw on the screen the last few weeks. However, there was nothing I saw on this series that indicated that Travis had degraded or patronized any of the women. (I actually find that the whole concept behind the "Bachelor" series is degrading to women, but that is the producers' fault, not Travis'.)

Would you mind giving an example how Travis was degrading or patronizing? I didn't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by lemur View Post
    Would you mind giving an example how Travis was degrading or patronizing? I didn't see it.
    Sure...he touched Stephanie's ankle and didn't even give her a rose.

FORT Regular
    Trav,

The Peter Pan thing ain't working out. Perhaps you've now noticed. Grow up and grow a set. Almost forgot… after the ending I’m surprised people are still buying that BS that the producers had to cajole you into packing for Paris.

Dr. Dork

P.S. Thanks for dragging our alma mater through this gutter. Way to go big boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Dork View Post
    Trav,

The Peter Pan thing ain't working out. Perhaps you've now noticed. Grow up and grow a set. Almost forgot… after the ending I’m surprised people are still buying that BS that the producers had to cajole you into packing for Paris.

Dr. Dork

P.S. Thanks for dragging our alma mater through this gutter. Way to go big boy.
    "No comment" on the body of your letter. Kinda see what you're saying, yet I know I can't really know these things, therefore I don't care to debate them. But re: the P.S. ... no offense, Dr. D, but are you serious? I haven't a clue whether you refer to high school, Duke or UVA, but what did Dr. T really do to drag any of his alma maters through the gutter? Trav was a little vanilla as edited through the run of the show, but I'd say overall he represented himself to be a "decent" human being.....and by extension, for those who don't know how to separate individuals from an institution, I'd think Dr. T represented the institutions he's associated with rather well. If one uses Dr. T as the benchmark for all things Duke or UVA, he hasn't represented poorly. I agree with others here that the inmates shouldn't be allowed to run the asylum, but I'd actually think any Blue Devils & Cavaliers out there would applaud him for sacking up against almighty Hollywood.

I feel I can speak to this issue b/c I went to college with Erin Brodie who participated in For Love or Money 1 and 2. Actually, we were in the same sorority, one year apart. I knew her well, quite well back then, and I'd say that my last 10 years of experience with her are quite similar to yours with Dr. T (as described) --- we cross paths and have mutual friends. I'd venture to say that the viewing public has a pretty low opinion of her....I know all of my non-college friends who don't know her and watched those shows thought she was ALL about the money. I know Erin well enough to know that's not the case, but regardless of what any viewer might have ever thought about Erin, I never gave a second thought to how Erin was representing our alma mater, nor our sorority. Erin represented ERIN. End of story. Dr. T represented Dr. T. End of story. Anybody who thinks otherwise and somehow attaches the image of ONE person to a whole population is a knucklehead. And again, at the end of the day, I don't think Dr. T reflected poorly. Potentially, to some, Erin did. But oddly enough, you're worried about your school and I'm not??? I'm not even worried about my sorority (an even closer affiliation and Erin & I were "sisters" for 3 years)! FWIW, there was a dude on Jen Schefft's season who, IIRC, went to Duke (Ben). He was AWESOME. Dr. T doesn't define ANY alumnus of any school he's ever attended, nor does Ben. Maybe I'm ridiculously ( at my use of TB vernacular AGAIN) naive, but I'd like to think we all define our individual selves.

I doubt you'll respond to this, but if you are so inclined, probably best to take it to the "Travis" thread. I don't intend to be contentious, but I'm just confused as to why Dr. T's appearance on this show has such far-reaching consequences to others who may have gone to the same school as he?
    Last edited by victoria; 03-10-2006 at 03:37 AM.
    "A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." -Groucho Marx

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456