+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The next Bachelor: Dr. Travis Stork

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by who_me? View Post
    OK....I'm afraid to ask....but....I'm gonna anyway. What is a Toblerone????
    Toblerone is that chocolate from Switzerland that is in a triangular-shaped bar. You can get little ones and giant ones (Joey had a giant one on Friends. They are tres yummy!

Thank you....I had thoughts of really yucky things floatin' around in my sick little head

FORT Fanatic
    Oh my gosh...I just have to share this...
    I'm watching a Friends rerun and it is the exact one where Joey eats the big Toblerone! Must be some sort of cosmic vibe out there!

Can you SMELLLLLLLLL what Gina is pouting about?
    Quote Originally Posted by aramcobrat View Post
    Oh my gosh...I just have to share this...
    I'm watching a Friends rerun and it is the exact one where Joey eats the big Toblerone! Must be some sort of cosmic vibe out there!

LMAO..that was a good episode...but I am in SERIOUS LOST withdrawl so I am watching my videos of season 2...lol...

FORT Newbie

He's a Great Guy! Honestly!

In our time with him, he has only impressed us with his sincerity, integrity and humble nature. Not to mention that he is generous beyond expectation. We are sure that you too will learn this about him in the coming weeks and months.

On our end, we are hoping to see one of these ladies be quality enough to deserve him. SO...do us a favor...don't bash "The Bachelor"...give him the benefit of the doubt and he won't disappoint you. And, give him a break...he's uncomfortable with all the attention he is getting...remember, he's a regular guy who decided to do something out of the ordinary and is having to learn to deal with everything else that comes with it...the good and the bad.

Travis' Defenders-

Doc Wives
    Nashville, TN

to the site, Docswives!

Just a note: our site rules state that anyone on the show is subject to criticism, commentary or bashing. This can be hard on friends of family of reality show contestants, so I hope you're not scared away.

This Bachelor seems pretty popular already. I hope you stick around and tell us what you know of him!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Newbie

In Response

You'll probably get sick of us...because we only have good things to say about Travis.

We're pretty busy with things, but we'll be sure to pop in here once in a while and be sure the record is straight.

Docs Wives

Welcome DocWives! Glad to have you aboard. I am not sure if you have watched this show before, but we have seen both good guys and cads as The Bachelor. We are quite honest with our feelings, but many are getting a very positive vibe from the good doc. We certainly welcome any comments you have on Travis.
    Last edited by BlondieGal; 01-05-2006 at 12:21 AM.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DocsWives View Post
    In our time with him, he has only impressed us with his sincerity, integrity and humble nature. Not to mention that he is generous beyond expectation. We are sure that you too will learn this about him in the coming weeks and months.

On our end, we are hoping to see one of these ladies be quality enough to deserve him. SO...do us a favor...don't bash "The Bachelor"...give him the benefit of the doubt and he won't disappoint you. And, give him a break...he's uncomfortable with all the attention he is getting...remember, he's a regular guy who decided to do something out of the ordinary and is having to learn to deal with everything else that comes with it...the good and the bad.

Travis' Defenders-

Doc Wives
    Nashville, TN
    DocWives, I think I can speak for the majority of regular posters in this forum in saying we love getting to hear from anyone who knows Travis and especially enjoy hearing so many positive affirmations of the genuine guy that he seems to be. I think if you have muddled (lol) through all the threads we've posted so far about this show and Travis Stork, you will see that most people have been exceptionally supportive and positive of Travis and are hoping as the avid, hopelessly romantic Bachelor fans, that so many of us are, that he met a woman that is just as genuine and sincere toward him.
    If you aren't familiar with our forum and the show though, I will just briefly explain that most of us are always willing to give any new bachelor the benefit of the doubt at the start and hope he is a great sincere guy and not just in it for celebrity exposure (as some have been in the past). I've been more impressed with Travis from the reports by people who know him and articles and the brief public appearances he has been on so far. BUT, keep in mind, that we also recognize that this is an entertainment show, strongly manipulated by the producers to gain the most drama, suspense and hyped emotions that are often taken out of context, edited to a certain slant and over dramatized.
    Most of us that come here have fun teasing and snarking and ribbing, good naturedly (i.e. my avatar... not intended maliciously , only in fun). So yes, you may read some comments that are sarcastic and sadly there will always be those who are downright rude, plus those who don't like the bachelor. The freedom on this forum is that all contestants of a show are 'free game' to comment about in any way.
    With all that said, I personally would like for you to relay to Travis that I recognize that he is probably over his head in this crazy reality world, but so far I have been totally impressed and wish him the best!!! Tell him to hang in there and roll with the punches and hopefully he did indeed get to meet a special woman that he can see developing a relationship with. If not, we all know that the odds are not favorable for that to happen but we remain optimistic!!
    I guess I got a little LONG winded after all!!
    Last edited by cafegirl; 01-05-2006 at 12:52 AM.
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Amazingly well said Cafegirl. docswives- you might want to peruse the Bachelorettes thread. We have uncovered alot of info on the women. The folks who deserve the most criticism for putting so many actress/spokesmodel wannabes on the show with Travis are the producers. He seems like a solid person of integrity. I have felt badly for him because the producers do not play fair. I said:
    Ali seems very shallow. Notice when the myspace lists favorite books she asks if US Weekly is a book. I just really cannot see this type of woman in a long term relationship with a guy like Travis. Poor Travis. Models and Actresses and Famewhores , oh my. Done with my rant. Sorry.
    And vis a vis the manipulations (of which Travis sdoubtless knows plenty but is sworn to secrecy) : be aware that we know about it.
    Here are some examples of things the producers have done to past contestants:
    Well, it's a rather long list. Actually, it would be helpful if other posters helped fill in more examples. I'll start. The producers manipulate the contestants constantly. They pour alcohol constantly in the house to try to up the drama. They are not allowed tv, movies, music, books (maybe that changed at some point?) or other normal diversions at the bach house - again to force these folks to have nothing to do but interact with one another , and have fights, not just get them to focus on the upcoming dates. I suppose this helps them to get into an emotional state where they can more easily "fall in love" since there is nothing else to do and each date is anticipated even more because it just gets them out of the house.

The producers also force the bachelor/bachelorette to string along the final 3 or 4 even if their mind is made up as to who will receive the final rose. They force the broken hearts. And then, in the limo of despair there is a producer asking the questions and they will do anything, anything at all, to make sure the women cry. One woman wouldnt, so they supposedly drove around and finally brought up a deceased family member, the mention of which finally brought the tears. I do not think that many of the contestants who last until the final four have a positive opinion of the producers (unlike the folks who run the AMazing Race for ex.)
    There's more. See page 21 of the Bachelorettes of Bach 8 thread.
    So, in sum, we know the score. And most of us do know quality people when we see them - even on tv. Travis has nothing to worry about. I only hope he feels that the nonsense was worth it.

+ Reply to Thread