+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The next Bachelor: Dr. Travis Stork

Wow - a bachelor that is not a minor celebrity-pro athlete-fisherman type! And it's in Paris and not LA! Besides RockStar this is the only reality show I have really followed.

Does anyone know if Travis had any say in the women who will start on the show, similar to Jen, the bachelorette? Though that didn't seem to help Jen any, he could then weed out any less than impressive women beforehand. But that may be too risky because he might ditch the drama queen ratings booster bachelorette that they plant!

Speaking of Jen, and speaking of Paris, maybe Fabrice will make an appearance as the other potential Bachelor!!

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    If anyone who looks like a Hooters waitress is left by the third episode, well then, we might have problem.
    C'mon now, you have to have something for us guys to enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    C'mon now, you have to have something for us guys to enjoy!
    Don't worry, Unk! I have a feeling that Fleiss & Co. won't let them all go! They know what boosts the ratings and butters their bread!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Here's a new article from Vanderbilt... the only new info in it is about the filming at the hospital and his home, etc...
    Doctor to star as ‘Bachelor’
    Reality series pages VUMC resident to woo femmes in the City of Lights.

by Lindsey Windham
    December 01, 2005
    Another reality show TV star is about to emerge from Vanderbilt, STAT.

Travis Stork, a 33-year-old emergency room resident at the Vanderbilt University Medical Center, will star in the next installment of ABC’s hit reality series, “The Bachelor.”
    The show will take place outside the United States in Paris, where 25 women will vie for his attention, and ultimately, his love.

Stork hails from Ft. Collins, Colo. He graduated magna cum laude from Duke University, earned his M.D. from the University of Virginia and is in his third year of residency here at Vanderbilt.

Stork “yearns to have the type of relationship that he has seen played out during his parents’ 37-year-long romance,” according to the Web site.

“Travis considers himself a simple guy with simple pleasures, which he thinks accounts for his being a happy person. When he has time to take off, he is a huge outdoors enthusiast. A real devotee of mountain and road biking, he also enjoys kayaking and hiking.”

Now, according to ABC.com, “Dr. McDreamy” is looking forward to the chance to “step back from his career and job and focus on his personal life, concentrating all his attention and energy on meeting some amazing women.”

“Travis has a true passion for helping people, but one thing that is missing is a woman to share his life with,” ABC.com said. “What kind of woman is Travis looking for? Along with such attributes as being genuine, honest and caring, and someone who is somewhat adventurous and athletic, ‘It’s the woman who catches my eye — maybe with the way she smiles, the way I first react to her. I get that feeling inside you really can’t describe. ’”

The show is set to premiere on Jan. 9, and according to John Howser, director of VUMC news and public affairs, “the network has a very specific plan for the launch of the series, and is very tightly controlling the information that we’re able to release about Dr. Stork.” He did say that taping for the beginning of the show started at Vanderbilt back in October, and included interviews with Stork and his department chair and footage of him at the medical center while at work.

“ABC did spend some time with Travis filming him at his residence and around town here at Nashville, which was all prior to the trip to Paris, where the bulk of the series was shot,” Howser said.

Howser said Stork seems very popular with all of his colleagues, and according to ABC.com, “The hunky 6-foot-4 doctor is a favorite with all the nurses at Vanderbilt.”

Stork is currently in his third year of residency as an emergency room doctor. A year in residency, Howser said, follows a fiscal year calendar, which begins on July 1 and goes through June 30 of the following year. If Stork is on schedule, he’ll be due to finish his residency around June 2006.

When asked whether he would watch the show, Howser said, “I expect so. It will be very curious to see how Vanderbilt and Travis are portrayed. The people here who are familiar with this program are not only surprised, but pleased that Dr. Stork is involved in this.”

link
    Last edited by cafegirl; 12-01-2005 at 09:59 AM.
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    I hear Barry White playing in the background when I read "6' 4" hunky doctor", but the record scratches when I read "Stork"...sorry, the name is just wide open for some good fun. Like this for example
    If Stork is on schedule

Glad to hear Vanderbilt is being supportive of this venture...it could potentially bring shame and discredit if this guy ends up being a man-ho. What will all the nurses think?

And Pom...
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

"Itís the woman who catches my eye ó maybe with the way she smiles, the way I first react to her."

First clue! We need to pay attention to how he initially reacts to each lady. Hopefully it won't be edited out.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Igotalife View Post
    I hear Barry White playing in the background when I read "6' 4" hunky doctor", but the record scratches when I read "Stork"...sorry, the name is just wide open for some good fun.

Ya mean like....with a name like Stork, he's be PERFECT as an obstetrician!

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by baxpup View Post
    Ya mean like....with a name like Stork, he's be PERFECT as an obstetrician!
    If that were the case, then a new mom could honestly say "A Stork delivered my baby!!" ya think that's why he did NOT go into OB-GYN??
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl View Post
    Now, Pom, you know I love to dish with you during the show discussions, so you better get that computer soon!! BUT, I'm getting a soft spot for our Dr. Stork, so I just may have to go light on him and just rip the girls!!
    Of course, I haven't gotten to hear him utter a word, but so far, and other than this Lollipop poster, all the people who know him have posted very positive things. Could we possibly have a bachelor of substance?? (I might include one or two others in that catergory but definitely not the majority!!)
    Anyway, I'm looking forward to your whitty remarks, Pom!!
    Don't worry, cafegirl, I'm bringing the laptop home over next weekend (December 16th and 17th) so I should have plenty of time to get back in practice of "typing snark-while-watching-television" again.

We'll have a blast this season, I'm sure!!!

I used to work at a hospital. We had -- no lie -- a Dr. Docter and a Dr. Bonebreak.

+ Reply to Thread