+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where will the dates be for our Paris Bachelor?

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar

Where will the dates be for our Paris Bachelor?

Since it's probably going to be a while before we actually have any screencaps to dissect in determining the locations of the dates, including the fantasy dates, I thought it might be fun to figure out our own date locations, in and around Paris and Europe. Feel free to be as outrageous as you want!
    So far these are the only clues I have seen alluding to dates:
    from Entertainment Weekly link
    THE BACHELOR (ABC, Mondays, January) The granddaddy of dating franchises returns after a much-needed fall break with a new setting: Paris. ''There'll be a little more of an Amazing Race feel to it because we'll be all over Europe,'' exec producer Mike Fleiss says. This bachelor is neither an heir, a pro football player, an actor's brother, nor a former contestant. ''He's legitimately employed,'' Fleiss says. Not only that, but Mr. Employed (whose identity Fleiss won't reveal) will even plan some of his own dates. ''People want more reality from their reality,'' he says. One fixture that will remain: the hot tub.
    That pretty much leaves us a lot to go on... of course there have to be hot tubs!!
    In an article that came out last week, it was stated that Travis was cooking a meal for one of the girls and he's staying at a chateau outside of Paris... so maybe she's coming to his place for that one.
    There was also mentioned that they had a rainy date at the Arc De Triomphe.
    So where else should we send our bachelor and his date(s)??
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Great question Cafegirl. I am not familiar with France beyond the obvious, although a google or two would tell me quite a bit. Anyone familiar with France's little known sites that would make an excellent date location?
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

I am thinking that there might be some kind of Tour de France style date since Travis is mountain biker and it says they might have an Amazing race style date... this might fit in. Since Travis is looking for someone who likes adventure and is fit... this would definitely be a test!!! They could make this a challenge to see who gets an alone date with him... ala TAR style detour!! ??

I'm thinking Nice for the gratuitous bikini shots or if they go completely Euro, why not Italy. Aren't the Winter Olympics there this February? Great outdoor situations I'm sure.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

FORT Newbie
    I went to Paris 2 years ago. There are so much places to visit!

I think one of the group date could be a boat trip on the Seine (from which you can see great locations of Paris: Notre-Dame, Tour Eiffel...) They'll probably visit one of the numerous castles around Paris. Maybe a little shopping on Les Champs Élysées or beach time at one of the many topless beaches of France! I would also like to see wine tasting in the country.

For the individual date, a romantic dinner at the top of the Eiffel Tower (there is a restaurant) would be a good idea. The view is amazing.

Anyone going to Paris should visit Le Louvres museum, but I don't think they would be able to film there!

As for the european part, I would like a date in London.

I love that the new bachelor will be in Paris!

P.S. I hope you won't have too much trouble understanding me since French is my first language!

Wow Sam! Thank you for all the hot date spot locations! You write very well for English as a second language. I hope you stick with us through the show to clue us in on all the French sights.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by sam chatouille
    I went to Paris 2 years ago. There are so much places to visit!

I think one of the group date could be a boat trip on the Seine (from which you can see great locations of Paris: Notre-Dame, Tour Eiffel...) They'll probably visit one of the numerous castles around Paris. Maybe a little shopping on Les Champs Élysées or beach time at one of the many topless beaches of France! I would also like to see wine tasting in the country.

For the individual date, a romantic dinner at the top of the Eiffel Tower (there is a restaurant) would be a good idea. The view is amazing.

Anyone going to Paris should visit Le Louvres museum, but I don't think they would be able to film there!

As for the european part, I would like a date in London.

I love that the new bachelor will be in Paris!

P.S. I hope you won't have too much trouble understanding me since French is my first language!
    sam chatouille, merci boucoup!!! Sadly that's about the extent of my French but I so appreciate your ideas from an "insiders" point of view.
    Personally, if it was me, I'd love to spend a day at the Louvre. That would be a heavenly date to me!! My one trip to Europe as a teenager was spent gazing in museums and cathedrals and other cool historical sites but unfortunately I didn't get to go to Paris!
    I would dread thinking of some of the more educationally-challenged bachelorettes turning up their noses at seeing "some old painting of a lady with a funny smile!" Or saying something like "who wants to see some stuffy old castle, with a bunch of pictures and statues of dead people?!"
    BTW, sam chatouille, your English is excellent!! Please continue to share with us.
    Concerning possible dates, perhaps a trip to the Alps? By Nov. they should have had enough snow to even go skiing or sledding, right?

FORT Fan
    Some French dating ideas ... A ride downone of France's many canals on a barge or cycling along the canal ... a visit to the wine country .... a night at a French chateau ... cooking classes which are given all over the country to teach each regions cooking... The French Riviera with a stop at Cannes home of the film festival ...Dinner at a romantic cafe in Montmartes above Paris ...a ride down the Seine in an Bateau Mouche(sp)( a covered boat) ...Hiking in the Pyrenees ...visit to the beaches of Normandy ...a fashion show at one of the fashion houses (it's the spring shows right now) ...lots of romantic places

sky
    Perhaps they will take the girls to some of the designer houses and also have some new makeovers from prestigious salons.........oh la la

FORT Newbie
    Thank you BlondieGal & cafegirl for the welcome!

I'm curious about how the producers will showcase Paris and Europe.
    While I had a lot of fun watching Charlie, I hope they'll show us romance! I don't want to see any karaoke date or a date at a swimming pool!

Cafegirl, I'm afraid you are right about the "educationally-challenged bachelorettes" and the museums. Didn't Kim & Charlie go to an art gallery on a date? If my memory is right, it was not a display of intelligent conversation! (after all, it was Kim and Charlie...) I hope the bachelor and the bachelorettes will show some interest for the cultural and historical aspects of the locations they'll visit.

By the way, does anyone know if they were filming during the riots that happened in the suburbs of Paris? Not that I expect "The Bachelor" to address the issue, I was just curious! And last thing, will the new bachelor meet the girls family? Will they go back to the U.S. or have them fly over to Europe??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast