+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where will the dates be for our Paris Bachelor?

Sam, I do believe that the show was filmed while the riots occured. You are right in that they probably will not address it. With the bach shows, unless someone remembers otherwise, the bachelor has always gone to the girl's hometown to meet the family. This gives him a chance to see where the girls grew up and to see the family in their own surroundings.

It is great to see you posting again Sam!
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sam chatouille
    I don't want to see any karaoke date or a date at a swimming pool!
    Sam, there may not be dates at a swimming pool but Fleiss couldn't produce a show it seems without a little skin showing and in this one he's promised more hot tubs!!
    And last thing, will the new bachelor meet the girls family? Will they go back to the U.S. or have them fly over to Europe??
    According to an article that came out in July when the Paris edition was announced, it was stated that they would come back to the states for the hometown dates. Now, if they follow the original formula, then the next step would be the fantasy dates, then normally the two remaining girls would go meet the bachelor's family. I'm wondering if this time, they will bring his family to Paris? I am leaning to that idea, because I don't see them flying back to Europe for the fantasy dates then back to the US then back to Paris for the final rose. What do you guys think? Another clue to the finale being in Paris, is from a blog by a girl who said her friend was selected as a bachelorette and she said she was getting her passport in case her friend makes it to the finals where they invite the family and friends to attend. I not sure if this girl was just speculating or that was part of the information the bachelorettes are given before they leave for Paris! I can't link this info because it is a personal blog.
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Reports I heard said they were back in the states for the hometown dates by the time the riots began!

I hope the dates will be imaginative and classy but I'm not holding my breath, really. Knowing Fleiss he'll go with the more expected stuff, like a visit to see the La Gioconda and exclamations from the girls about how small it is...

Hopefully nobody will show any disdain for the culture or history of the country. We don't need any more examples of "ugly americans" running around reinforcing the stereotype. However, I would bet anything that Fleiss will do all he can to make it as cheesy as possible, judging from previous seasons. Why else would he mention lots of hut tubs?

As for great dates. I'd hit the d'Orsay, then the Louvre, the Conciergerie, the Pantheon etc. I'd have a great time... probably by myself .
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

"Travis, who graduated Magna Cum Laude from Duke University and earned his MD from University of Virginia, has a true passion for helping people, but the one thing that is missing is a woman to share his life. Now he will take on that challenge against a spectacular backdrop that will include the Eiffel Tower, the breathtaking Champs Elysées and the historic Arc de Triomphe."

http://www.abcmedianet.com/showpage/...102&type=stork

wouldn't it be great if they actually had a few intelligent girls who would appreciate a fine museum like the Louvre, or any of the other great museums in Paris???!!!!

or, how's this - Sunday morning services at the Cathedral of Notre Dame! ha, a stretch, but what the heck.

oh, a beautiful city Paris . . . but, not the friendliest people . . . . (don't shoot me for that opinion)
    it's really perennialprincess, there just wasn't enough space to fit it all in!

Quote Originally Posted by cabernetCally
    "Travis, who graduated Magna Cum Laude from Duke University and earned his MD from University of Virginia, has a true passion for helping people, but the one thing that is missing is a woman to share his life. Now he will take on that challenge against a spectacular backdrop that will include the Eiffel Tower, the breathtaking Champs Elysées and the historic Arc de Triomphe."

http://www.abcmedianet.com/showpage/...102&type=stork
    Great catch cabernetCally!

Usually people like to match up to their intellectual equals, so HOPEFULLY Fliess and company have this in mind with at least some of the ladies. Princess and MsFroggy, let's all hold our breath and hope that some of the gals do not embarrass America.

Like Cafegirl , I am optimistic about Dr Bach! I think that he will be a real prince!
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy
    I hope the dates will be imaginative and classy but I'm not holding my breath, really. Knowing Fleiss he'll go with the more expected stuff, like a visit to see the La Gioconda and exclamations from the girls about how small it is...

Hopefully nobody will show any disdain for the culture or history of the country. We don't need any more examples of "ugly americans" running around reinforcing the stereotype. However, I would bet anything that Fleiss will do all he can to make it as cheesy as possible, judging from previous seasons. Why else would he mention lots of hut tubs?

As for great dates. I'd hit the d'Orsay, then the Louvre, the Conciergerie, the Pantheon etc. I'd have a great time... probably by myself .
    Say, MsFroggy, I'd go with you!! I would love nothing more than another trip to Europe just to explore museums and historic sights. I personally love Renaissance art, so that would be my guide in planning my outings!! I agree with all of you, in hoping they have a few intelligent girls who actually know a little about art and history. At least even the culturally challenged should know about the Eiffel Tower, thanks to Tomcat!!
    Yes, blondiegal, we are just romantic softies, right??

how about a romantic 1 1/2 hour train ride out to Giverny, to see the house and gardens of Monet?

how 'bout a group of FORTers heading off to Paris! he-he we definitely would appreciate it more!
    it's really perennialprincess, there just wasn't enough space to fit it all in!

Quote Originally Posted by perennialprince
    how about a romantic 1 1/2 hour train ride out to Giverny, to see the house and gardens of Monet?

how 'bout a group of FORTers heading off to Paris! he-he we definitely would appreciate it more!
    Great idea, perennialprince(ss)!! Here's a plan, we can all book out flights for the live final rose ceremony or after the rose ceremony if it's filmed in Paris. I think Fleiss should get us tickets, because, afterall, where else (than the FORT) is he going to find such loyal fans??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast