Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Jesse Palmer and the NFL - Update

FORT Fanatic

Re: Jesse Palmer and the NFL - Update

Quote Originally Posted by dlejhunt;2168738;
    Last week? two weeks ago? my husband was watching the 49ers game and Jesse was one of the color commentators. My immediate reaction, of course, was "eww", but my husband thought that Jesse did a good job. The newspaper here also gave him a positive review.
    I may be the only person on here who thought this, but during Jesse's season, I thought he handled certain portions of the show extremely well. He was (as I recall) very poised and articulate during the rose ceremonies in particular. So I'm not surprised he's getting good reviews as a commentator.

Jesse was just too young for the Bachelor when he was on. Another 3, 4 years would have been perfect. Is he married now? If not...why not a repeat...

Last edited by onewally; 10-06-2007 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by onewally;2601775;
    I may be the only person on here who thought this, but during Jesse's season, I thought he handled certain portions of the show extremely well. He was (as I recall) very poised and articulate during the rose ceremonies in particular. So I'm not surprised he's getting good reviews as a commentator.
    Well, except for the first rose ceremony when he called the wrong name entirely. I suspect he seemed articulate because he was reading from cue cards held up behind the girls by Chris Harrison. (just kidding) No, seriously.. Jesse seemed like a nice guy, but was a really, really awful choice for the Bachelor, IMO.

This is a small technicality, but I don't think it's called retiring when you get cut from your team. Or, maybe he considers it involuntary retirement? I wish him luck in his commentating duties. He really can't be any worse than what's out there now.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by onewally;2601775;
    ...Jesse was just too young for the Bachelor when he was on. Another 3, 4 years would have been perfect. Is he married now? ...
    I read somewhere Jessie has had the same girlfriend for 1 1/2 years. I guess the producers thought Jessie was too young as well since they started to cast Bachelors in the 30–40 year old range.

Charlie-30
    Byron-40
    Travis-33
    Lorenzo-34
    Andy-30
    Brad-34

IMO the producers goal has always been to find another "Trista and Ryan" so the franchise can make even more money with a televised engagement/wedding. The producers thought older Bachelor’s would be more ready to “tie the knot” Even though the Bachelors have been older, it just goes to show that age doesn’t matter since all of the previous Bachelors for whatever reason are all still single.

Maybe Brad will be the first Bachelor wedding? The odds have got to turn in the producers favor at some point

If one can find it in one's heart to forgive every statement starting with "I'll tell you what", this guy is doing a decent job in his analysis of college football this season. He's tackled (so to speak) some unglamorous matchups, done his homework, and actually has something of value to say about the games.

I will always believe that Tara was a better matchup for him (perhaps not as a Bachelor choice, but as a life choice). Still, I'm sure they are all three better off without each other. Good luck to them, and I look forward to hearing more from him, as the college football season goes on.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;2602130;
    If one can find it in one's heart to forgive every statement starting with "I'll tell you what", this guy is doing a decent job in his analysis of college football this season. He's tackled (so to speak) some unglamorous matchups, done his homework, and actually has something of value to say about the games.

I will always believe that Tara was a better matchup for him (perhaps not as a Bachelor choice, but as a life choice). Still, I'm sure they are all three better off without each other. Good luck to them, and I look forward to hearing more from him, as the college football season goes on.
    I barely remember his season-he had some of the dullest girls, no wonder they had to put Trish on methamphetamines to amp it up. Tara was...the puking one? that's it, all i remember 'bout HER.

Jesse was named to the All Academic Something of the SEC (I cant remember what it was) for three straight years. The guy's no dummy.

He was absolutely horrible on the Bachelor.
    He is extremely handsome and doing a good job as a commentator.

I was very excited to watch the first college football game of the season last night. Jesse Palmer was the color commentator.

During a break from play they went to the booth where the 2 other guys gave him a rose. I love that it has been how many years, and he will never live down being the bachelor.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234