Qboots, here's an article about that "famed" acting debut.... because we surely can't count the Bachelor as any form of acting... :lol By the way, Anemic... you're recap WAS hillarious... but let's all hope Jesse boy doesn't pursue his second profession... as acting!!!! spare us, Jesse!!
Originally Posted by Qboots
Now for Jesse's next act ...
He's not heading for Ottawa yet, NFL QB gets role in Law & Order: SVU
By ANN MARIE McQUEEN -- Ottawa Sun
Christmas for 'Gades
Jesse Palmer calls his first acting role "a real stretch."
The Ottawa native and currently out-of-work quarterback has a cameo role on tonight's episode of NBC's Law & Order: SVU.
"I'm an athlete," Palmer told the Sun yesterday. "I'm a baseball player."
Palmer couldn't say much else about the part, other than it required him to say less than 10 lines of dialogue and was filmed on New York City's Upper West Side last winter with Chris Meloni, who joins Mariska Hargitay playing the show's lead detectives.
The episode centres around a designer baby ring, featuring guest spots by Lynda Carter, Estella Warren and Mark McGrath.
Despite his own brief camera time, Palmer said it still took about five hours to film.
"You really kind of get to appreciate the whole 'hurry up and wait' thing,"he said.
Palmer said the part basically fell in his lap after he covered the Super Bowl as a guest analyst for Rogers Sportsnet.
His pal Thea Andrews, the Toronto-born co-host of ESPN Hollywood, knew someone who wanted him on the show. Agent Peter Schaffer took it from there and now Palmer thinks acting wouldn't make a half-bad fallback career.
"It was really exciting and I really enjoyed it," he said. "I wouldn't mind doing it when I'm done playing football."
But for now, it's still football Palmer has his heart set on. Since the New York Giants cut him earlier this month, the Renegades have been in negotiations to get Palmer's CFL rights from the Montreal Alouettes and bring him home.
KEEPING IN SHAPE
All Palmer would say is he's keeping in shape and hoping for the best.
"I think something's going to happen soon, somewhere."
One thing he won't be doing is joining the ranks of C-listers on shows like The Surreal Life, despite his 2004 turn on ABC's The Bachelor.
"It's funny, you see all these people who do all these reality shows, two or three of them," he said. "I already have a surreal life."
He's also not in a hurry to get married, and quickly puts his mini Bachelor relationship -- he split with chosen candidate Jessica Bowlin a month after the finale aired -- in perspective with a crack about his current love life.
"I'm going to be a priest the way I'm going," he said. "It's been four years and counting."
Well, Jessica was very young, but I'd hesitate to call him a priest or a pedophile over that. She was rather cute, you could consider being sexually attracted to her normal for a male his age.
Originally Posted by cafegirl
Good old Peter Schaffer. Backstory - Jesse got the Bachelor opportunity through Schaffer. He's the agent for Trista and Ryan as well. Sometimes Peter even snags real football clients. His agency got Braylon Edwards this year.
Yesterday, Jesse was signed by the San Francisco 49ers, who have had more than their share of bad quarterback luck these days.
They traded last year's starter Tim Rattay to Tampa Bay (hey, that rhymes) when they were ready to make this year's #1 draft choice, Alex Smith, their starter. Smith promptly sprained his knee.
On Sunday, Smith's backup, Ken Dorsey, went down with an injury, leaving them with former #4 quarterback Cody Pickett finishing the game. Palmer will back up Pickett this coming week, and should stick with the team for at least a couple of weeks, until Smith and Dorsey are back.
I don't think it's likely Jesse will see any game time this season, but if Pickett gets hurt this week, there's really no alternative.
I believe he'll make about $30,000 each week he's on the roster. That'll buy him a few roses. And he's only a few hundred miles down the coast from the love of his life, Jessica. Maybe he'll send her another plane ticket.
Well, I am happy to hear that Jessie managed to land a spot in a nice city with a better climate after all. The way quarterbacks keep dropping, being on the bench drawing a pay check doesn't sound like such a bad place to be. A relative of mine's husband has had a very profitable career sitting on NFL benches around the country for over a decade. She is a stay at home wife living in her custom built dream home on the California coast.
Sunday should be interesting with the Giants playing San Fran! :boxers
Anemic... I haven't read this thread since you posted this, but I got a little giggle. I don't think Jesse was going for the *pedophile* angle when he said he'd be a priest. I think he was going for the *celibate* train of thought. :lol But I find it hard to believe it's been four years.....
Originally Posted by Anemic Dog
I forgot about that. Well, now we know why they signed Jesse over the other fringe quarterbacks who stay in shape, hoping they'll get a shot.
Originally Posted by BlondieGal
Jesse will provide scouting reports and intimate knowledge of the playbook given he played there last season.
Here's one more article about our sports jock Bachelor, Jesse... the date is from 11/2... but it's really funny. They did get some Bachelor "facts" wrong (i.e. it was Tara who hurled not Trish), but I got a chuckle out of it
Posted on Wed, Nov. 02, 2005
How real is reality?
JUDGING PALMER AS A `BACHELOR'
By John Ryan
When Armageddon hits the 49ers at quarterback again -- which, according to Morning Buzz's watch, should be around 3 p.m. Sunday -- the Bachelor must save them.
Jesse Palmer, who signed Tuesday, is the team's newest player and its most accomplished playa. He was the star of ABC's ``The Bachelor'' reality show in the spring of 2004, which cost him his job with the New York Giants and . . . and . . .
And so what? Did you see those women? Maybe Palmer's NFL career will play out in one-week stays on the fringe like this one. But c'mon, people, let's remember what's important!
However, there are football matters to discuss. So Buzz has prepared this exclusive scouting report:
• On the series premiere, Palmer gave a rose to Katie -- because he thought she was Karen, which he had to explain to Katie on air. What that means: unlike Alex Smith, he doesn't lock on to his primary target.
• Mike Nolan is big on trust. So the coach probably won't like hearing that before Palmer picked Jessica as the winner, he told her, ``I'm falling in love with you . . . and someone else.'' Coach, I'm here . . . until Indianapolis calls.
• He didn't offer Jessica an engagement ring. But he did give her a one-way plane ticket from Los Angeles to New York so they could start their life together. That shows three things: a) he's confident, which Nolan will like; b) he's cheap, which John York will love; and c) he can't pull the trigger -- their life together lasted three weeks.
• How's his play-action? Not bad. He had a cameo in September on ``Law & Order: SVU.''
• He's used to, uh, unconventional formations. ``When we spoon,'' Jessica said, ``he's the little spoon and I'm the big spoon.''
• He's a scrambler. ``Jesse doesn't plan,'' Jessica said. ``It's highly annoying.'' Ah, big deal. They used to say the same thing about Steve Young and Jeff Garcia.
• Looking for a role model? He's a throwback, old-school kind of guy. ``I don't think either of us thinks it's a good idea to live together before you get married,'' Jessica said before the shocking breakup in June 2004. In September 2005, Jesse told his hometown paper in Ottawa, ``I'm going to be a priest the way I'm going. It's been four years and counting.''
• How is he physically? ``He's a handsome son of a bitch,'' Jim Belushi once said. More than one gay Web site has taken note of his hunkitude. And the New York Daily News noted an appearance for an apparel company ``to promote the brand, which likely means he'll be in a tight-fitting tank. Yum.''
• What happens when he has more time to digest the offense? It's like when your boss says, ``Lemme think about it.'' Never good. ``I think I'm more confused about women in general after doing this show than I was before I got on,'' he said.
• Does he have a future with the team? Yes, but maybe in the video-production department rather than in the football division; on the finale, runner-up Tara accused him of ``completely inappropriate'' behavior.
• Advice to Brandon Lloyd, Arnaz Battle et al.: dye your hair blond.
• OK, but how does this all play out? What happens if we actually get to see him play?
On the climactic show, when Jesse picked Jessica, Trish was nervous -- so nervous that she stopped the limo, got out of the car and hurled.
Let's hope Monster Park has airsickness bags, at least.
49ers Waive Palmer :ohno
Friday, November 25, 2005
The San Francisco announced Friday the signing of PK Jose Cortez. Cortez’s signing was necessitated by a groin injury to PK Joe Nedney that started to bother him on Thursday. Cortez was a kicker for the 49ers in 2001 and part of 2002.
The 49ers also announced that LB Renauld Williams had been signed from the practice squad to the 53-man roster. Williams (6-0, 238) was signed to the 49ers practice squad on Tuesday.
To make room on the roster for Williams, the 49ers announced that they have waived QB Jesse Palmer.
Cortez (5-11, 200) spent the first seven weeks of the 2005 season with the Cowboys and connected on 12 of 16 field goal attempts and 13 of 14 extra point attempts for 49 points. He nailed a game-winning, 45-yard field goal in overtime to defeat the New York Giants on October 16. He was waived by Dallas and was claimed by the Philadelphia Eagles. Cortez played in four games for the Eagles and had three successful extra point attempts and no field goal attempts. Cortez was released by the Eagles earlier this week.
Cortez originally signed as a rookie free agent by Cleveland in 1999 out of Oregon State. He then spent time with the New York Giants (1999), San Francisco (2001-2002), Washington (2002) and Minnesota (2003-04). During his career, he has appeared in 52 games and has totaled 256 points, connecting on 53 of 73 field goal attempts and 97 of 98 extra points.
Williams originally joined San Francisco as a rookie free agent out of Hofstra in 2004. After being waived by the 49ers in training camp, he joined the Miami practice squad and then was signed to the Dolphins 53-man roster and played in two games as a reserve. He went to training camp this past summer with the Cleveland Browns.
Palmer (6-2, 225) was signed by the 49ers on November 1. The signing of Palmer was necessitated due to the knee injury to Alex Smith and the ankle injury to Ken Dorsey. Smith was injured in the Washington game, while Dorsey was forced to leave in the fourth quarter vs. Tampa Bay with his injury. Palmer spent three seasons (2001-2004) with the New York Giants after joining the team as a fourth-round draft pick out of Florida in 2001. He went to training camp with the Giants this season but was waived prior to the start of the regular season.
This writer was psychic. Jesse will need the airsickness bags for flying in search of a football team.
Originally Posted by cafegirl
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.