+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Bachelor Casting Call

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar

New Bachelor Casting Call

I hope this is ok to post this article and heaven help, anyone out there wanting to apply for the next Bachelor.... Here are the requirements they are looking for...... Sounds like Assemblyman Levine is past the age range (he's 36, but I guess they're making an exception, if he is really is in the running) I had to underline the part about not wanting aspiring actors.... aww.. after 8 seasons, what, they're finally going to stop the actor-audition aspect of this show??? Of course, they put an addendum to that clause by saying You need to have another occupation (like dog walker, pharmaceutical salesman, welder, trainer, waiter.....)

Casting Call - The Bachelor 8/3/05

ABC'S "THE BACHELOR" ABC IS LOOKING FOR THE ULTIMATE BACHELOR - 26-35 YRS OLD!!! WE WANT THE FAIRY TALE GUY-A REAL PRINCE CHARMING! SUCCESSFUL, HANDSOME, ROMANTIC, CHARISMATIC, SOPHISTICATED, CULTURED & FUNNY. The taping will take place in PARIS FRANCE in the fall!!!

HERE IS THE CHANCE TO MEET THE WOMAN OF YOUR DREAMS. Are you a successful entrepreneur? Are you a doctor? Are you a business owner? Are you an heir? Are you in a thriving family business? Are you a professional athlete? Please include details about the Bachelor that sets him apart from eveyone else: Example: Special Occupation, Heir to a well known Family, Pro Athlete, Olympian, Ivy League Graduate, real estate entrepreneur, doctor, financier, etc......

FEEL FREE TO BRAG ABOUT THE BACHELOR!!!! We are NOT looking for aspiring actors...unless you are already extremely well recognized in the media ie:Brad Pitt !! You need to have another occupation

============================== ============================== =========

FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: PLEASE EMAIL or CALL:Twinsworld1@aol.com or Billywonka@aol.com Or Call Lisa 917-678-9996 & Debbie 917-374-7614

WE ARE SETTING UP APPOINTMENTS IMMEDIATELY YOU MUST INCLUDE A RECENT PHOTO IN THE EMAIL!!!!

PLEASE PUT “THE BACHELOR ” in Subject title along with a brief explanation of why you would be perfect for the show, your name, age, contact information , telephone numbers & your hobbies. Don't forget to include eye color, hair, dob, height & weight!

link
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

from Star 98.7 in Los Angeles:

JAMIE, JACK AND STENCH'S FRONT OF THE LINE PASS FOR THE BACHELOR AUDITION.
    Jamie, Jack and Stench will be hanging out at OZUMO in Fashion Island, Newport Beach, Thursday August 11th from 6PM to 9PM for ABC's "The Bachelor Open Casting Call." This season The Bachelor goes to Paris! The search is on for the Bachelor and his 25 eligible Bachelorettes to accompany him.

All are welcome to join us, but we are offering 98 front of the line passes to audition. Each pass is good for one person, but you may buy as many as you like for all your eligible friends, while they last.

(AS OF 8/5/5, ALL THE PASSES WERE DISTRIBUTED. But, hey, it might be a great place to go for "eye candy".)

Quote Originally Posted by hotlanta babe
    from Star 98.7 in Los Angeles:

JAMIE, JACK AND STENCH'S FRONT OF THE LINE PASS FOR THE BACHELOR AUDITION.
    Jamie, Jack and Stench will be hanging out at OZUMO in Fashion Island, Newport Beach, Thursday August 11th from 6PM to 9PM for ABC's "The Bachelor Open Casting Call." This season The Bachelor goes to Paris! The search is on for the Bachelor and his 25 eligible Bachelorettes to accompany him.

All are welcome to join us, but we are offering 98 front of the line passes to audition. Each pass is good for one person, but you may buy as many as you like for all your eligible friends, while they last.

(AS OF 8/5/5, ALL THE PASSES WERE DISTRIBUTED. But, hey, it might be a great place to go for "eye candy".)
    Thanks for sharing that, hotlanta babe. I really hope they find someone else besides Lloyd. It's not that I find him unattractive, but it would probably be pretty boring because the guy has an image to uphold and I doubt he'd be doing any of the fun zany stuff Charlie did!!

Yeah, I got one of those e-mails. Too bad I'm Byron's age, and now Fleiss apparently thinks that's too old.

Quote Originally Posted by RandalR
    Yeah, I got one of those e-mails. Too bad I'm Byron's age, and now Fleiss apparently thinks that's too old.
    RandalR, I say "go for it"! Fleiss and Co. never seems to stand by their "steadfast" rules!!! If you happan to be a doctor, business owner or "heir", you'd stand a good chance no matter your age, it sounds like!!

The Bachelor Seems to be Getting Desperate

This is the first time I have seen an article where the Bachelor producers are offering money ($5,000) to find a bachelor for the upcoming show!!! Too bad I can't think of anyone I would subject to that kind of scrutiny because I could use an extra $5,000!!

Top Stories | 8/3/2005
    'Bachelor' to hold auditions in Austin
    Producers looking for one man, 25 women to comprise reality show's next season
    By Marie Delahoussaye

Hopeful Austin singles will have a chance to meet their match on national television at upcoming tryouts for ABC's "The Bachelor" reality series.

Tryouts for the bachelor and the 25 ladies vying for his attention will be held Aug. 9 and 11 at three Austin locations - the Driskill Hotel, Firehouse Lounge downtown and Cool River Cafe in North Austin.

According to the casting call, producers are offering $5,000 to anyone who can find "a handsome, ambitious, charming, successful guy" to star in the eighth season of the show, which will be set in Paris.

"I think it's the most romantic city in the world," said Melissa Little, a publicist for the show. "What better place to meet the man or woman of your dreams?"

Little said the upcoming season, which will air in early 2006, is the first to travel outside of the U.S.

The casting director expects more than 100 tryouts in Austin, Little said. Everyone will be granted a five-minute interview after which the best fits will receive callbacks.

Joyce Benavidez, marketing manager for the Driskill, said she's anticipating the event.

"The Driskill is very excited to host 'The Bachelor' here in Austin, Texas and looks forward to seeing the turnout of Austin ladies," Benavidez said.

Kara VanLoozen, a "Bachelor" fan and applied learning and development senior, said she won't try out for the show, because she's in a relationship of three years.

She likes watching the show, she said, because of the "drama."

"I just think it's really interesting to see all the girls chase after one guy," VanLoozen said.

Van Loozen said her friend Rachel Lundy, however, is always talking about trying out.

Lundy, a corporate communication senior at the University of Houston, said she probably will try out online or by mail, because she can't make it to Austin.

The deadline for bachelor and bachelorette nominations and applications is Aug. 17.

"I would rather try out for 'The Bachelor' than 'The Bachelorette' because I would not want the pressure of trying to pick someone," Lundy said. "But I'm a huge believer in fate. If I auditioned, and I made it, and I went on [the show], I think there'd be a reason."

link
    Last edited by cafegirl; 08-08-2005 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RandalR
    RandalR, why don't you start your own edition of the Bachelor in the Fun and Games thread? I'm sure there are 25 ladies crazy enough to play along. (Count me out, but I would be happy to take on Chris's role. )

Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl
    If you happan to be a doctor, business owner or "heir", you'd stand a good chance no matter your age, it sounds like!!
    LOL! Well, I'm a Vice President at an investment firm - meaning that even though I probably meet Fleiss's "minimum net worth" requirement, I also have a professional reputation to uphold. Even if I could spare the eight to ten weeks away from work for shooting and then extra time doing all of the follow-up promotional stuff for ABC, appearing on such a show would expose me to ridicule in my professional circles and would torpedo my career in a hurry.

That truth probably rules out a lot of potential candidates. But, I'm sure they'll find some young heir-type who craves even the negative attention he's likely to get.

+ Reply to Thread