+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible Next Bachelor

Since he is a politician, can I just vote NO!
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

I don't understand how someone in politics would even consider doing a show such as the Bachelor. Politicians are probably among the people most concerned with their reputation.
    I have a friend, who even in college didn't want to be in any pictures etc from parties. He was thinking about a possible future in politics and didn't want any nasty picture to show up later in life....

K

Kicked out of the hive dzzyedge's Avatar
    He definitely looks better in that second picture. I agree, it would be a very bad move for him politically.

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar

Another Article on the Good Assemblyman

I can't believe this guy is seriously considering a political blunder like being on the Bachelor, but I found this new article and sure enough, Lloyd Levine sounds like he WANTS to do the show!! What a joke!! Either he's desperate for publicity or his PR team is inept in doing their research on this show and the negative publicity that often plagues the "star"!!! Oh, well, it did say he is just a "finalist" but it's sounding pretty suspiciously like the leaked info about Charlie before he was officially announced as the next Bachelor.

CAPITOL NOTEBOOK: TIMES SACRAMENTO BUREAU

Legislator a finalist to be next 'Bachelor'

TIMES SACRAMENTO BUREAU

SJM seeks smart, fetching woman for Senate campaign fund-raising soirees, romantic dinners at Lucca and long runs along the American River trail. Progressive values and a fondness for fitness are preferable. Opposition to pet cloning and support of "Death With Dignity" are pluses.

Watch out, eligible women, Assemblyman Lloyd Levine is in the running to be reality TV's next "Bachelor."

The 36-year old Democrat from the San Fernando Valley is among the final contenders to take part in ABC's long-running "The Bachelor." It's a reality TV staple in which an eligible lad or lass attends romantic dates with 25 singles in the hopes of winnowing them down to The One.

Some might think it cheesy, but Levine also thinks it could be a blast.

Of course, he says he's never watched "The Bachelor," preferring to read, work out or watch sports instead. He was encouraged to apply for the show.

"Honestly, it sounded like fun," said the lanky, dark-haired Levine.

"I've never done anything like this. It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity."

Known for introducing bills that would ban cloning of pets and allow the terminally ill to hasten their deaths with a doctor's help, Levine said he would not rule out dating someone more conservative than he is ... so long as she is thoughtful and respectful of other points of view. But it would help to have a fondness for exercise and good food in common.

"There are no hard-and-fast rules" to dating, he said. "I just want someone that I'm compatible with."

In true "Bachelor" style, Levine said his idea of a good date is one that's romantic, memorable and fun for both parties.

He hasn't been chosen yet, but Capitol denizens will be sure to follow whether Levine receives the proverbial "final rose." But it sounds like at least one "Bachelor" talent producer is keen to have him on the show.

"He's single, he's hot, he's charming, he's got a great track record ... all things we look for," said talent producer Michelle Castillo, who knew of Levine through Young Democrats connections. She declined to say how many other potential bachelors are in the running to be "the man of every woman's dreams."
    Because the show probably would be filmed in late October and November -- during a legislative recess -- Levine said he thinks he could find time for the show, which would air in January. And certainly, if it's big enough for Arnold and Maria, the Capitol is roomy enough to accommodate a reality TV star.

If Levine were to be tapped, staffers plan to make him watch an episode or two of the show, just so he's prepared. And does he really believe he could find someone on TV?

"You never know," he said. "You find love in strange places."

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/...e/12269371.htm
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

I hope he doesn't get it... then I don't have to watch him have slutty girls throw themselves all over him...

What's wrong with me? Why am I the only one who thinks he's real cute

You're not, Callie. He is a good looking guy. I like him much better than Charlie... or Alex.. or Bob... or Aaron even. (Just never liked Aaron... blech)
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    You're not, Callie. He is a good looking guy. I like him much better than Charlie... or Alex.. or Bob... or Aaron even. (Just never liked Aaron... blech)
    Andrew was my favorite Too bad he got stuck with crazy Jen who can't even decide on a guy....

Andrew and then Lloyd

I WANNA BE A BACHELORETTE!!!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CallieCutie
    I hope he doesn't get it... then I don't have to watch him have slutty girls throw themselves all over him...

What's wrong with me? Why am I the only one who thinks he's real cute
    I'm with you CallieCutie. I think that he is cute and good-looking. I hope he does win. However, I'm positive that the producers will make a whole lot of changes in the dating scenes. They know that this young man was elected by community/state and he must tread likely. I'm positive that the produers will respect that in order to get him. That is if they want him.

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Ok, CallieCutie, I think you should go for it and sign up to be the Bachelorette representing all of us faithful fans at the FORT, not to mention, your chance at getting Lloyd!!! (btw, I think he's pretty good looking especially the second pic of him) Hey, just in case you're interested, here's the application website
    bachelorette ap :yeah
    Go for it!! :
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Does anyone know if Lloyd Levine is Jewish? The last name would certainly point towards him bein Jewish. Not that it really matters, but these shows, seem to always have at least one very religious/born again Christian, and I was wondering how the producers would deal with that aspect.

K

+ Reply to Thread