+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gotta hand it to 'Bachelor 6' - Little Interview with Mary and Byron

Gotta hand it to 'Bachelor 6' - Little Interview with Mary and Byron

For the Mary and Byron fans, I'm not sure if you saw this. Anyway, I ran across this today and thought I'd share it with my fellow FORTers.

C.J.: Gotta hand it to 'Bachelor 6'

C.J., Star Tribune
    June 30, 2005

While some people continue to obsess over Byron Velvick's magnificent hands and nails, the woman he picked on ABC's "The Bachelor 6" is entranced by the total package.

"I'm crazy about all of him," Mary Delgado said Tuesday, when the three of us got together at a Minneapolis Starbucks. "How can you not be?"

Velvick and Delgado were in the Twin Cities for the Randy Moss Invitational Celebrity Charity Fishing Tournament for the Smile Network, a charity that gives reconstructive surgery to young people in developing countries. Velvick is a pro bass fisher and commentator on ESPN's "Bass Center." Delgado sells real estate when she's not reaping the rewards of living with the man with the hands.

"From him fishing, they are really, really strong, so he massages me and I turn into mush," Delgado said.

They are in the mushy phase of their love affair, and it's very cute. But when's the wedding, boyfriend?

"We're actually thinking, right now it looks like the spring of next year. We were going to do it in September, but we have not had time to slow down. It's been crazy. We've been going to a million different functions."

Don't expect their wedding to be televised, as was "Bachelorette" Trista's union with Ryan. Indeed, it would be the first for any among "The Bachelor" candidates.

"I don't think, so; I don't know," Velvick said. "If they televise it, it would have to be a little more tasteful than what they've been before."

Velvick says he didn't watch the Trista-Ryan wedding, but "I heard bad stories. They did his bachelor party, where they kind of broke him down by having some girls seduce him. I thought that's taking liberties too far to get good TV. And I know from having been on the show they take some serious liberties to get good TV. I was considered too homogeneous because I was politically correct and nice, chivalrous and platonic and not trying to sleep with everybody, and they didn't like that."

But Delgado said she appreciated Velvick being discriminating with those hands of his.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/5483391.html
    Last edited by britty05; 07-01-2005 at 02:52 AM.

Aww that's so cute. I'm so impressed that this romance actually has succeeded and they're still together. I'm very impressed w/ Fleiss, even one successful relationship was worth to do the whole show, all 10 seasons, imo.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Newbie
    Hello everyone! I'm new here. I'm a huge Bachelor/Bachelorette fan!

On Friday I saw the finale of Bachelor 6 from TV. How beautiful. Immediately I ran to the computer and started to surf around the Internet to find out if the couple was still together. I assume they are still together, that's is great!! Unfortunately I could only find one picture of Mary and Byron from his official website. Beautiful picture by the way. If anyone knows any great sites of them, please let me know. Thanks.

FORT Newbie
    Britty05: Thank you very much for that interview!

Quote Originally Posted by Emilia
    Britty05: Thank you very much for that interview!
    Emilia, you're welcome. I'm always happy to share anything I find on Mary and Byron with fellow fans. Btw, I think there is a yahoo fan group for them. I'm not sure how active it is but I know they have pictures and updates on them from time to time. I'll PM you the URL.

+ Reply to Thread