+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bachelor's Byron and Mary Settle Down in Florida - Us Weekly (6/20/05)

Bachelor's Byron and Mary Settle Down in Florida - Us Weekly (6/20/05)

Mary and Byron are in the Love Lives section of the latest Us Weekly - pg 49. There is a cute pic of them captioned "Velvick and Delgado cozy in his hometown of Boulder City, Nevada, in May. Here's the text from the little feature:

"A month ago we bought a lake house in Brandon Florida," former Bachelor Byron Velvick, 40, tells US of life with his love from the show, Mary Delgado, 37. "It's 3,500 square feet with five bedrooms. Mary's friend showed up and said, 'This is a perfect baby-raising house!'" But first the pro bass angler and his realtor fiancee have a wedding to plan. "After the final rose ceremony [last November], we had said September," says Delgado, who tells US she will be taking his name. "But then it came so soon! We've decided that we should probably do it within the first three months of next year. There's only one thing we know for sure, and that is that we both want to get married outdoors - and we want to marry each other."

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    awww.... that's not too far from where my folks are... I can't wait for this wedding. Byron is the only bachelor I can really respect, although Andrew is a close second. The others are just famewhores.

How does a wedding sneak up on someone? Hire a wedding planner and get the place booked. I don't understand how such an important date can be too soon?

:
    Fabulous Fifty

Want to be green?? Join the Premium Member FORT team. Click for more info!

Quote Originally Posted by Siryn
    awww.... that's not too far from where my folks are... I can't wait for this wedding. Byron is the only bachelor I can really respect, although Andrew is a close second. The others are just famewhores.
    I wholeheartedly agree. Byron seemed to me to be the most genuine of any Bachelor seeking love...yet. I really wish these two lots of happiness.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Could someone help me out? All these shows sort of run together for me. Is this the guy who was on a ranch when she went there to accept his proposal? I loved that ending, whoever it was.

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    Could someone help me out? All these shows sort of run together for me. Is this the guy who was on a ranch when she went there to accept his proposal? I loved that ending, whoever it was.
    (now that I've read the responses below by Qboots and Speedbump, I agree about Joe Millionaire, but he definitely did NOT have a romantic proposal.. in fact there wasn't any, was there?

I think Byron is the one you're referring to. His (and the girl's) mansion was in the hills near L.A. (not familiar with the area ). There were stables near by... I wasn't sure it was referred to as a ranch though. There proposal was the most romantic one I thought. He proposed in Spanish for her parent's sake and in English.
    I'm glad they're still together and sounding very much like a couple headed to the alter! :
    Last edited by cafegirl; 06-20-2005 at 10:22 PM.
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    Wasn't that Joe Millionaire 2?
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Muduh- I think you're referring to Joe Millionaire II (which incidently was the episode that brought me to FoRT)
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    WOO HOO....I those 2....he is gorgeous and she is absolutely stunning....I am keeping my fingers crossed that they are couple #2 to make it to the altar.........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Wasn't that Joe Millionaire 2?
    You're probably right. I just remember that they were sort of left hanging, no actual decision, and then later she went to a ranch with a bunkhouse looking structure. He was out riding and she walked toward him. I liked the people at the time. Too bad I don't have a clue who they were.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast