+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have Charlie and Sarah done the round of talk shows yet?

Have Charlie and Sarah done the round of talk shows yet?

I have not heard or read anything about them appearing on talk shows, etc. By now, haven't "The Couple" usually hit the morning shows, Oprah and Ellen? Isn't this odd?

Quote Originally Posted by Juls2
    I have not heard or read anything about them appearing on talk shows, etc. By now, haven't "The Couple" usually hit the morning shows, Oprah and Ellen? Isn't this odd?
    I would love to know also. I haven't seen anything.
    Gotta The Fort
    The place that keeps you in touch with reality!

Quick interview on ABC Dallas News (I think) but not even a mention on any of the shows - all I hear is Star Wars and Emmys and Desparate Housewife.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

FORT Fogey
    Their silence and absence speak volumes, I think. It reminds me a lot of when Jessie Palmer picked that bleach blonde law student and then disappeared. They never made the rounds, either, and they split within weeks.

I can't imagine that independent, uptight, rigid Sarah B. will stick around goofball, playboy, alcoholic Bum-Chin for every long.

Maybe they took their flight to their free trip in Aruba that night....

Not that I believe they'll make it either. They have NOTHING in common...

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    Their silence and absence speak volumes, I think. It reminds me a lot of when Jessie Palmer picked that bleach blonde law student and then disappeared. They never made the rounds, either, and they split within weeks.

I can't imagine that independent, uptight, rigid Sarah B. will stick around goofball, playboy, alcoholic Bum-Chin for every long.
    You described them very well, Pom. Exactly how I see them, too.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Those were harse words to describe 2 people we really know nothing about...why don't we all give 'em our best and wish them well!

Quote Originally Posted by chucksmiles
    Those were harse words to describe 2 people we really know nothing about...why don't we all give 'em our best and wish them well!
    Could not have said it better myself!

I don't think it has anything to do with their relationship. There has been no post show press circuit since Meredith and Ian. Byron and Mary did nothing significant that I know of. Just one interview on the local Florida TV station. They were never on GMA. I don't even think they have had the Bachelors or Bachelorettes on GMA since M/I. I find it very frustrating. They obviously think we want to watch some 3 hour crap fest that gave a 0.3 second glimpse of the happy couple. Why do they not think we have the least bit of interest in a post show interview? I even remember when Byron was on the View pre FRC how the ladies were teasing him that they were going to hold him to the whole "he is in Love" thing once he had a chosen lady. Byron never went back on the View and it is something I would have liked to see.

I actually think there is a love story here. I'm not sure if it will last, but I really do think that Charlie and Sara B. sincerely are "in love" at this moment. ABC got lucky that this series didn't totally tank like a lot of us thought it would. We had fun with the Hoochies and then got a cute little love story in the end. I might not watch the next intallment because even if it has a good outcome (like Byron and Mary), we will get to see NOTHING of the aftermath and I don't want to watch another seasons worth of this junk for 0.3 seconds of happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by smartycat
    I don't think it has anything to do with their relationship. There has been no post show press circuit since Meredith and Ian. Byron and Mary did nothing significant that I know of. Just one interview on the local Florida TV station. They were never on GMA. I don't even think they have had the Bachelors or Bachelorettes on GMA since M/I. I find it very frustrating. They obviously think we want to watch some 3 hour crap fest that gave a 0.3 second glimpse of the happy couple. Why do they not think we have the least bit of interest in a post show interview? I even remember when Byron was on the View pre FRC how the ladies were teasing him that they were going to hold him to the whole "he is in Love" thing once he had a chosen lady. Byron never went back on the View and it is something I would have liked to see.
    Actually, Byron and Mary were on The View the Monday after Thanksgiving. It was a great interview. The hosts all fell in love with them and thought they were the real deal. They weren't as skeptical with them as they were with previous couples that appeared on the show. It turns out that Star Jones knows Mary. Joy Behar even teased and commented on how affectionate Byron and Mary were backstage. PM me if you want to see that interview. I have it in Windows Media.

I think one of the main reasons we're not seeing Charlie and Sara on the post-show circuit is because the entertainment press is over The Bachelor franchise as a whole. This is due in part to the franchise's inability to produce successful relationships. Also, the over-saturation of the likes of Jen, Bob and Jesse in the media, has taken it's toll. People now see the show as a big joke! It didn't help that Charlie's show came on the heels of Jen's trainwreck either. I think another reason is because Charlie didn't propose to Sarah. ABC-owned shows like the The View may have had them on if there was a proposal involved. This is pure speculation on my part but they're probably viewing them as another Jesse/Jessica and Bob/Estella. Charlie's show wasn't mentioned on GMA, The View or Regis and Kelly the morning following the finale. Last week all those shows were promoting ABC's succesful primetime hits - Lost and Desperate Housewives. Stars from those hits were guests on GMA, etc.

There is very little coverage of them in the celeb mags as well. Us Weekly and People usually do a feature on the happy couples, but this time there was only a little blurb in each magazine. Maybe Us will do a feature with them in the next issue. In Touch had a half-page devoted to them. It was nothing too extensive though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast