+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have Charlie and Sarah done the round of talk shows yet?

I read the entertainment news on MSNBC everyday and they have a Reality TV section. I was disappointed that the finale was ignored once again this season. They used to provide a story at the conclusion of each season. Then it was reduced to just a few sentences - who was selected and whether or not there was a proposal. The last 2 seasons they've been ignored altogether. It's ABC's choice not to promote them on their daytime talk shows.

I, too, was furious that they spent 30 minutes with Krisily and her mother and grandmother (who cares!) and what seemed to be only 10 minutes on Charlie and Sarah at the FRC and then no nextday interviews. They had no regard for the fans of the show with that final format! We spent all those weeks watching only for ABC to focus on the runnerup in the final 30 minutes!!!
    Anywhere you go, let me go too. Gerard, that's all I ask of you.

I agree that basically the media interest isn't there anymore for the couple to do the talk show rounds. The Bachelor has lost over 10 million viewers since the early days. I can see why GMA dropped them completely. I would be surprised if they were on Ellen, and Oprah, no way, not now. Us magazine and In Touch do a good job following reality tv- so maybe an interview there. I really hated the Krisily show too, it would have been nice to see Sarah & Charlie interact and discuss the show a little bit after he made "best boyfriend ever" speech.

PERHAAAPS ABC has learned it's lesson front and centering the new "couple" before they have truly become a couple! Maybe this time they are waiting to do a "update" type thing after they last or don't but it won't seem so hyped if they don't last and if they do then it will be a celebration type of update.

FORT Regular
    Maybe the "no rules" extends to the ending too and they weren't obligated to do the rounds of talk shows. Not that I think they will make it or anything anyway.

FORT Fogey
    I don't think talks shows necessarily want them. It is a ratings game and this show is not that high on the list. We will see a blurb or hear a 10 second bite on an evening entertainment show at some point about their status.

I think they are going to give it a good shot but I expect to hear of their break up at some point down the line. The odds are not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat
    I don't think talks shows necessarily want them. It is a ratings game and this show is not that high on the list. We will see a blurb or hear a 10 second bite on an evening entertainment show at some point about their status.
    That's it to me. The show isn't the "phenomenon" that it once was. Where it was once new and different and got reasonably high ratings, it is now just the same old thing with far fewer people watching. Further, it's just assumed that the couple won't make it, anyway, so nobody on the interview shows seems to want to bother pretending that these people are in love and making wedding plans.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chucksmiles
    Those were harse words to describe 2 people we really know nothing about...why don't we all give 'em our best and wish them well!
    Because we specialize in snark here at the FORT and these people are snarkalicious.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    Because we specialize in snark here at the FORT and these people are snarkalicious.
    Thanks, Marleybone!!!!

Speaking of past Bachelors, I was watching " Three Guys and a Chick Flick", the movie was "Chances Are" and the 3 guys were Jesse and two of his "teamates"- he still failed to impress, and I fail to see why he is doing anything with his "teamates"- is he still playing football? Yeah, I know- who cares!?
    Go Tigers!

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    Thanks, Marleybone!!!!
    I'm here for ya Pom!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12