+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Bachelor Renewed!

The Bachelor Renewed!

The Bachelor will return after Monday Night Football ends its season in January 2006. So there will only be time for two seasons, Jan-Feb, and March-May.

Such a looooong time to wait for a Bachelor fix! Well, at least that's better than cancelation.

Charlie surprised us, ratings were up (slightly) for him vs. Jen & Byron. But it's ABC's post-MNF slump that The Bachelor has improved. The new day saved the show.

Thanks for that info. I wondered when it might be back on.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Definitely a long wait.....thanks for the info

FORT Fogey
    I hope they trim an hour (at least) off the next Finale! Who can we write to? ;-)

So is ABC doing 2 "seasons" of The Bachelor? Or 1 of each?

I think ABC would do better by airing 1 in the summer (with less original programming competition).

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinnia
    The Bachelor will return after Monday Night Football ends its season in January 2006. So there will only be time for two seasons, Jan-Feb, and March-May.

Such a looooong time to wait for a Bachelor fix! Well, at least that's better than cancelation.

Charlie surprised us, ratings were up (slightly) for him vs. Jen & Byron. But it's ABC's post-MNF slump that The Bachelor has improved. The new day saved the show.

I wish it would go back to Wednesday nights, actually. I enjoy our Show Discussion Threads quite a lot but having to sit home and watch the show live on Monday nights has cramped my style.

I will tape the next series if it airs on Mondays, but I'm afraid that the days of participating in Bachelor/Bachelorette Show Discussion Threads are over.

FORT Fogey
    I totally agree with the summer as the 2nd season...I need something to keep me entertained vs the heavy taping I have to do when multiple shows are on with new episodes in the spring...

FORT Fan
    The inside story of the renewal of the Bachelor must be really interesting. It kind of jumps out at me that the show didn't make the "Fall Schedule".
    I gather that Charlie's season saved the show in some way and assume future installments may take its less romantic/goofier take on the idea.

Maybe Jesse Palmer could return as the Bachelor. If they'd done his season Charlie style, it already was kind of close anyway, it could have been really entertaining. It's quite possible that Jesse Palmer will be looking for work come late summer if someone else is manning his position.

I haven't followed it all that closely, but I did hear on some sports program that Jesse has really stepped up his training, and has convinced Tom Coughlin that he'll be a fine second stringer, behind Eli.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing
    I haven't followed it all that closely, but I did hear on some sports program that Jesse has really stepped up his training, and has convinced Tom Coughlin that he'll be a fine second stringer, behind Eli.
    The Giants hired Tim Hassellback (Elizabeth Hassellbeck from the View) as quarterback also. So there are three guys vying for the 2nd and 3rd spot, but Coughlin (Coach) was very impressed with Palmer last year.

Sorry about the spelling ...
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast