+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Bachelor Renewed!

I love how Charlie saved the show tho it really wasn't only him. ABC is hugely successful this year, so they can afford to keep a few vetrans because DH, Lost, Grey's Anatomy, and their other new shows are rocking. Same reason why struggling comedies were kept- Jake in Progress, Hope & Faith, ect-- ABC can afford it now that they're doing well. So , the Bachelor lives to see another year
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Next Bachelor may move or be delayed

Dancing With The Stars has been a summer hit for ABC. Now they're thinking about possibly moving the show into The Bachelor's spot on Mondays in January. Shades of Last Comic Standing!

I hope they don't further delay the next season of The Bachelor. Waiting over seven months is bad enough.

Here's the article I read.

Although I enjoyed Dancing With The Stars, I'm really hoping that this isn't the case. I just read an article on zap2it.com today that stated that the next Bachelor will be filmed in Paris and it's slated for a January debut. Here's the link to that article - 'Bachelor' Takes Search For Amour to Paris

Jerry & Ian on TV Guide show this week....

Sexy Stars of REality..Where are they now?

IF you missed it tonight here is the schedule...check you cable listings for the TV guide channel in your area -
    channel 224 on Directv

Tuesday, 12 6:00 PM Sexy Stars of Reality TV: Where Are They Now?
    Tuesday, 12 9:00 PM Sexy Stars of Reality TV: Where Are They Now?
    Thursday, 14 3:00 PM Sexy Stars of Reality TV: Where Are They Now?
    Saturday, 16 11:00 AM Sexy Stars of Reality TV: Where Are They Now?
    Saturday, 16 9:00 PM Sexy Stars of Reality TV: Where Are They Now?
    Sunday, 17 8:00 AM Sexy Stars of Reality TV: Where Are They Now?
    Sunday, 17 12:00 PM Sexy Stars of Reality TV: Where Are They Now?
    Monday, 18 10:00 AM Sexy Stars of Reality TV: Where Are They Now?
    Monday, 18 7:00 PM Sexy Stars of Reality TV: Where Are They Now?

Next Bachelor in Paris

'Bachelor' Takes Search for Amour to Paris
    (Monday, July 11 11:39 AM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Paris may have lost out on hosting the 2012 Olympics, but the City of Light is getting a consolation prize: "The Bachelor."
    That sound you hear is a collective Mon dieu! coming from the Left Bank.

The ABC reality series, which will return for its eighth edition in January, will be set outside the United States for the first time. The show has mostly made Los Angeles its home base, with a shift to New York for the most recent seasons of both "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette."

Moving the show to Paris, ABC says, will offer "numerous seductive possibilities with vast scenic panoramas, intimate bistros and mysteries lurking around every corner and side street."
    The structure of the show will remain the same, with the Bachelor, abetted by host Chris Harrison, wooing 25 women and narrowing them down a few at a time until he presumably finds the woman with whom he wants to spend the rest of his life, or at least the few months between the end of taping and show's finale.

The show's record of creating lasting relationships is not very good. Seven "Bachelors" and three "Bachelorettes" have resulted in just one marriage, between Trista and Ryan Sutter. Bachelor No. 6, Byron Velvick, is engaged to Mary Delgado, and Charlie O'Connell and Sarah Brice, from the show's most recent season, are apparently still together as well.

Guys hoping to become the next Bachelor have about a month left to submit tapes; details are available on ABC's web site.

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|96293|1|,00.html
    Last edited by cabernetCally; 07-12-2005 at 02:22 AM.

I'm sort of surprised they are continuing with this show... general feelings seem to be that it had its moments but is past its prime. I watch pretty much every season so i'm sure i'll watch this one. But i'm surprised abc decided to make the investment.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

LG.
    I'm surprised that they're still taking auditions for the Bachelor this late in the game. I would have thought they'd have a specific bachelor in mind before this series got renewed.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Well, it will be easier to hide dates from the US viewers and determine spoilers if it is held outside the country!

I was hoping they would somehow convince Jerry from Jen's show to be the next bachelor. Oh well.....a girl can dream, cant' she?

Quote Originally Posted by joonie220
    I was hoping they would somehow convince Jerry from Jen's show to be the next bachelor. Oh well.....a girl can dream, cant' she?
    Oh man! If Jerry does it... is it too late for me to sign up to be a Bachelorette?

I would LOVE to see Jerry on The Bachelor again, but I kind of doubt it'll happen, not after the way Jen broke his heart on live TV...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast