+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Charlie on The View

Charlie on The View

Charlie is suppose to be on The View today (Thursday May 12) on ABC

Balllllooooooooon!!!!! MrsMarcusWelby's Avatar
    If someone would please recap it for those of us who cannot see it (due to work) it would be appriciated! Thanks in advance!

Just caught the end of it...Charlie was saying he was basically trying to see who makes the best friend, because in the end, that's the important thing.
    They kept trying to ask him if he was getting married, and he said he couldn't say because he is still dating 2 women. He kept saying "wait until Monday".

Star brought up Sarah Dub. Charlie talked about how she said everyone else was "prejudiced and racist" - Charlie joked that there's black/white/asian and now pretty blond girls.

I don't know how much I missed - maybe someone else caught the beginning -this darn work gets in the way of everything!!!

FORT Fogey
    I saw the entire thing. They pressed him to say he is in love or at least knows who he will pick because he had been talking about being torn. He said this is what I signed up for, wait until Monday. In other words he was under contract not to say he was sure about one of them.

Well Charlie walked out onto the stage and I never realized how tall he was! He's really tall!

He talked about why he chose to do The Bachelor. He said his brother was friends with the producers, and the producers asked him to do the show. Charlie said he had to think about it and "sleep on it". He eventually chose to do it because he thought it was a "great opportunity to meet 25 great girls". And he said he had to give up his day job for it (He never mentioned what it was! )

He talked about how he made The Bachelor his own way, like no limo's, no mansion house for him to live in, how he wanted it in NYC, etc etc. This was because he wanted it to be realistic, so that in the end, "the relationship was realistic".

About the finale: He chose to ask for more time to "make it work" with the girl. Then they show a clip of the finale episode, and it shows Charlie having a break down where he said I love these girls I dont know what else to do. Im tired, exhausted, and I dont know what to do all while he was crying. The View ladies laughed and said he deserved an Oscar.

When asked if he's decided who he's picked... he said "For the most part, I've made up my mind"... and he kept mentioning over and over again that the finale is on Monday.

When Sarah W. and her exiting speech got brought up, Star and Charlie make fun of her and Charlie said she's been "oppressed enough" cause she's so pretty. He also said that she was too pretty for him and he had to get rid of her cause he couldn't handle her beauty.

I saw it. They asked him what would make him do a show like that and he said that his brother happened to be friends with a producer of the show and he was asked if he was interested. He slept on it, then decided that it would be a great way to meet 25 women and to see if something would come out of it.

They then talked about the lack of rules. Charlie said it was his idea cuz he wanted to date the girls as he would in real life, so that when the cameras would be off, they wouldn't be waiting for a limo and expecting these great dates. Joyce (?) was making fun of him basically insinuating that these relationships don't last long.

They showed a clip from the finale of him breaking down because he didn't know who to chose and how hard it is, basically the same thing they show everytime. Again, Joyce was like : "you should win an Emmy for that". It was all in good fun and he didn't seem really upset about it.

The rest is what IAgirl said. They asked him jokingly if he broke up with Sarah Dub because of her beauty and he joked yes, she is way too beautiful for me or something like that. He obviously doesn't think much of her. IMO he would've kept Kim over Dub, but Dub made for better drama in the final 3.

That is all I can remember, but I think it was pretty much it.

Sorry about the repetitious post. I should learn to post or write faster.

meu
    This confirms what I like about Charlie. He doesn't pretend to be madly in love and talks about having a "friendship" instead of the usual garbage about proposing and getting married, etc.

He is honest about his motives and that's why I think that he has been the best Bachelor so far.

I love the comments that you guys quoted about Sarah W. What an ass she is!

When she spoke about her dating rotation and how it waas good for her "bank balance" it made me think of a high paid call girl and maybe that's what she is!!

Thanks for the update because I missed the show (The View).
    https://www2.xlibris.com/bookstore/bookdisplay.asp?bookid=27335

Have to say Charlie looked really good! He was very noncommital, but that is because of "what he signed up for". Said he had his mind pretty much made up, but the ladies really had a hard time letting him get a word in edge wise.

FORT Fan
    from those of us who cannot watch....thanks much to all of you for taking the time to recap!!! helps us get through the day..... :>)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast