+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Charlie's brother Jerry gets house makeover on Oprah today (Monday)

Where did Charlie & Jerry get their height? Dad O'Connell was much shorter than Jerry, and Charlie's even taller.

(Yeah, those pit stains were gross. You'd think they would have noticed and asked her to change her shirt.)

Quote Originally Posted by hotlanta babe
    Where did Charlie & Jerry get their height? Dad O'Connell was much shorter than Jerry, and Charlie's even taller.
    Charlie's mom is tall. If you recorded, look at the clip where Krisily is shaking her hand upon meeting in Montauk.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    I don't understand why an actor needs all the free stuff, as opposed to 'normal' people, but he did seem appreciative (who wouldn't).

I thought his interactions with Rebecca were cute, and his thoughts about his brother and the Bachelor show were insightful. He surprised me. I liked him. Wow, that caught me off-guard.
    I think they do that with celebs to get more publicity. You'll notice that they always mention every manufacturer of every piece used in the homes. It's the same theory behind designers giving stars free merchandise. If Nicole Kidman wears a dress to the Oscars, that design house gets free advertising and lots of profit as a result because we all foolishly think that, if we buy the same dress, we too will look like Nicole!

I thought Jerry seemed really sweet and kind of dorky and I loved the apartment. Every time I see Nate (even before the Tsunami) I just want to give him a big squeeze. He is too cute. I didn't notice Rebecca's pit stains but did it seem to anyone else like she's put on some major weight? Not that she's fat, but she was so skinny before.

His father's painting, of the dock in Montauk where he taught Jerry and Charlie how to fish, was beautiful. Their family seems genuinely close.

I loved Jerry talking about how this was the year the O'Connell boys grew up: Charlie's dropping the "L-bomb" and Jerry's got white towels
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Blobsucks
    Jerry has a great personality. The Father O'Connell seems very cool.

Poor Rebecca had major armpit sweat-stains.
    Re: sweat-stains: Rebecca apparently fits right in with the family. Remember Charlie's from the hometown visit to Sarah B's?

Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    "I thought Jerry seemed really sweet and kind of dorky and I loved the apartment. Every time I see Nate (even before the Tsunami) I just want to give him a big squeeze. He is too cute. I didn't notice Rebecca's pit stains but did it seem to anyone else like she's put on some major weight? Not that she's fat, but she was so skinny before."
    I had seen the MTV cribs when they did the O'Connell brothers dual townhome's... and I had always thought both Charlie and Jerry were funny guys. The big difference is Charlie has all the confidence. Jerry never has struck me as being real confident with the ladies...

I also notice that Rebecca looks a little fuller. But she is still far from fat. Its just weird seeing her not looking bone thin at 5'10... but she seemed very happy with Jerry.

And it was surprising to hear that Charlie has dedicated himself to only dating 2 women... Wouldn't it be great if he actually kept his girl around for longer than the required press tour?

I LOVED what Nate did with Jerry's place... but then, I usually love Nate's taste! I wonder what Charlie's place looks like? I'd bet it's much worse than Jerry's apartment! Jerry came across as quite a likable guy - I was pleasantly surprised!

Did anyone else notice Jerry mouthing "Hi Mom!" a couple of times? I thought that was cute... Both brothers seem like they still have/had? a teenage guy mentality, and that the big "3-0" is their cue to have to start acting like adults!

Quote Originally Posted by gaby
    I had seen the MTV cribs when they did the O'Connell brothers dual townhome's... and I had always thought both Charlie and Jerry were funny guys. The big difference is Charlie has all the confidence. Jerry never has struck me as being real confident with the ladies...

I also notice that Rebecca looks a little fuller. But she is still far from fat. Its just weird seeing her not looking bone thin at 5'10... but she seemed very happy with Jerry.

And it was surprising to hear that Charlie has dedicated himself to only dating 2 women... Wouldn't it be great if he actually kept his girl around for longer than the required press tour?
    I too noticed a remarkable weight change in Rebecca, definately not bathing suit material. Maybe she is just happy with Jerry and that accounts for the change. I don't think she is doing so much modeling anymore as trying to break into the movie world more. But definately a large weight gain. I would guess 20+ lbs, comparing to her modeling days.

FORT Fan
    I wonder what Charlie's place looks like?
    Wasn't that his apartment he brought Kim back to after their date? The one with the broken phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappymom
    Wasn't that his apartment he brought Kim back to after their date? The one with the broken phone?
    That's his parents place. He owns the place in Montauk where he's taking the final two to meet his parents (they swapped homes for the show). He also owns the apartment immediately below his brother in CA, and that's the apartment they're talking about.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast