+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425

Thread: 4/18 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl
    While the lime was still in Little Sarah's glass (honestly I just rewound and watched that scene about 20 times in slow motion and freeze frame and I cannot see the lime in Sarah B's glass when Sarah W is saying at least he has good taste).. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt DB because you can screencap each scene and I cant' )
    Since I can screen cap so easily and I said I can prove it, I guess I better put my screen capping where my mouth is...

So first we have Big Sara taking the lime off Litttle Sara's glass (Big Sara's glass is plastic). She is shown eating the lime while they are discussing who's getting roses.

This is the shot when Huge Sara is telling Tiny Sara "At least he has good taste". You can just see the lime peeking out above Tiny Sara's pointer finger.

And here's a closeup of the glass.

Cafegirl, you just make me want to get TiVo so bad!!

I think I'm one of the few left in the world that doesn't have it

Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl
    Is she getting a fair edit? Is anyone getting a "fair" edit? It's TV and we are manipulated to a certain extent to see what the producers want us see, but the girl's personalities and quirks do come through. I think, despite some negative editing to make Big Sarah look worse, she has some personality traits that I see as red flags to bigger issues I would be concerned about. JMO :
    Everytime I hear comments about fair edits, I remember Chris Harrison's comment the other night on a VH1 show about reality tv...you can't edit someone to be a b*tch. So while Big Sarah may not be the ultimate b*tch, she's provided Fleiss with enough material to make her an increasingly unattractive character.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow
    Everytime I hear comments about fair edits, I remember Chris Harrison's comment the other night on a VH1 show about reality tv...you can't edit someone to be a b*tch. So while Big Sarah may not be the ultimate b*tch, she's provided Fleiss with enough material to make her an increasingly unattractive character.
    I disagree with that. If you control the editing you can make almost anyone seem like almost anything (they made Jesse seem like a humourless guy with good table manners). Take the following made up conversations as examples.
    • Sue: "She said, 'You're just a slut and a whore', that is so mean!"
    Now in the editing bay you edit it down to:
    • Sue: "You're just a slut and a whore".
    And you've just put words in Sue's mouth making her look bitchy. Or you take the answer to one question but follow it to a different question.
    • Betty: "Eww, they're disgusting. Just the thought of them makes me ill".
    • Sue: "Tracy and Kelly seem nice".
    • Betty: "They're great, we all get along so well. I'm so happy I got to meet them".
    Becomes:
    • Betty: "Eww, they're disgusting. Just the thought of them makes me ill".
    It's easy.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Bunny
    can make almost anyone seem like almost anything (they made Jesse seem like a humourless guy with good table manners).
    I agree DB. If you saw Bravo's "The Reality of Reality TV" 5 part series, one of the episodes showed Will from BB pitching a new series. First they showed Will talking about the premise and then showing the producers laughing it up, looking as if it was a great idea. Then they showed what really happened - Will pitched the idea and you heard crickets. The producers were stone faced and flipping pages. They had just edited in the laughter from another scene.

It was very telling how you can make something SO opposite of what it really is!!

FORT Fanatic
    Speaking of editing, I would kill to know what SarahW said at the Rose Ceremony that was edited out, to which Charlie replied directly and forcefully, be quiet or settle down. Most unusual and startling, for the Bachelor to reprimand a girl at the rose ceremony.

FORT Fan
    One wally I didn't catch that. You think something was edited out when Charlie told Sara W to settle down. Interesting, but also leads to why although brief Jenny gets to see Charlie this Monday. He may have just got a taste of what she was trying to say & is starting to understand why the girls are mostly upset.

Man Sara has some adrenaline running her veins that ceremony & I did catch her glances towards Krisily with those snotty looks.

Sure Jenny may not stay or will not but she will get another five minutes & they will have that one on one. Jenny was the one when Kara left that mdae her comment about people not getting a second chance,well she may just get one.

I now too would love to know what was said & maybe we will find out at the WTA. It should be fun. Lots of cats with claws that night. LOL They didn't hold anything back on the show so I am sure the claws are ready for scratching.

Quote Originally Posted by onewally
    Speaking of editing, I would kill to know what SarahW said at the Rose Ceremony that was edited out, to which Charlie replied directly and forcefully, be quiet or settle down. Most unusual and startling, for the Bachelor to reprimand a girl at the rose ceremony.
    Yes, I would like to know, too. In the preview his face is more stern than what they showed during the event. In this episode he begins to treat SarahW as high maintenance. ...cracks the whip...settle down...It would help to know how he has handled high maintenance girlfriends in the past - whether he finds them tolerable or annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by onewally
    I don't think she really "said" anything. She was just giggling and hopping around just beside herself with joy at getting a rose. Normally the gals just walk back and stand quietly; respectful of the fact that some won't be as "lucky". I think Charlie feels badly about sending each ho home so didn't appreciate her carry on while he was in the process of "breaking someone's heart".

Mulling this over...and I ask myself - why? Oh, well. When Kim walked back to her place all bubbly, Sarah W gave her an appraising look. Maybe her wheels turned and she thought, if Charlie likes bouncy, bubbly, I can be bouncy, bubbly, but then she overacted. Are you auditioning for the part of bestest girlfriend, SW?

+ Reply to Thread