+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Show discussion 3/28, *no* spoilers

Show discussion 3/28, *no* spoilers

I have to say I loved this show, it was ton of fun. Jerry broke all the "Bachelor Show Rules" (tm), he kicked out the uber-bitch, the stalker and the whiner all on the first show. He kept the two cutest women and he not only kept the token black-chick (actually I've been correct, he didn't keep her, oops) but actually seems to like her. I knew this season was going to be way better than Jen's season when they didn't spend the first thirty-five minutes of the show pimping the bachelor.

I don't think it can conclusively be said that he prefers blondes, the brunettes he kicked out where the most boring of the women (I would have kicked them out too and I prefer brunettes), the fact that they were all brunettes was a fluke/casting.

The free-for-all at the rose ceremony is great, I predict at least five more women are going to do themselves in by what they say during them (I think two of them did themselves in this week).
    Last edited by Danger Bunny; 04-01-2005 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Changed the title

I tend to agree with you Danger Bunny. It was entertaining, amusing, and even hilarious at times. Charlie is a character - that deep deep voice,vacant stare, and ad libed one liners were funny as hell. Altho, I definitely think he prefers blondes, but that is okay too. After all, the last Bachelor, Byron, had a strong preference for brunettes and no one objected to that (except Cindy). His quip about the FBI Agent/Bikini Model was hilarious. He's a keeper (and I didn't expect to like him). I like that they are just letting him go and not trying to script it or edit out the good stuff. He has a preference for the wild and crazy girls, doesn't like phonies (Darushka), or whiny snobs (Cietan(sp). He got rid of the less attractive girls right away (and I thought they were too) and so what. He wants to feel chemistry and attraction - and he wasn't attracted. I think this will be a fun show and a good one to leave the series with. Jen's boring show left a bad taste in my mouth and this is a pleasant surprise.

I'm pretty sure he got rid of Kyshawn DB. I was impressed that he kept Kara the single mom though. This is much more entertaining than the Jenn snoozefest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    I'm pretty sure he got rid of Kyshawn DB. I was impressed that he kept Kara the single mom though. This is much more entertaining than the Jenn snoozefest.
    I'm getting old. My brain doesn't work well anymore....

You are, of course, 100% correct and I'm 0% correct. And I just made up a cheat sheet of the girls to keep track of them and I didn't even catch it. I can picture him giving her the rose, weird.

And in case anyone else wants a copy, here the link The 12 remaining ladies for The Bachelor 7.pdf. If you right click you have the option to save it so you can keep a copy or just print it out. It's just the pictures posted here, their names, ages, occupations and home towns. It's three pages long.

Thanks DB. That's really helpful.

i think this show is going to be awesome. i had such low expectations going in and i LOVED the first episode. I also think Charlie is going to be the greatest bachelor ever.
    can't wait for more!

FORT Fan

finally!

This bachelor is like a breath of fresh air! Finally he starts telling us what he really thinks, the girls don't try and hide their obnoxious behavior and we don't hear any of these phony scripted moments. Okay, the trip that girl made to the bar was clearly a set up, but man o man those girls were a hoot.

I loved when he said he was no rocket scientist... ya think Charlie, cause up till then I was certain you must be working at NASA.

Kristine was one of the most memorable bachelorettes ever. We first saw her running to meet Charlie, wearing her bikini and carrying her dress. In her two-minute introduction, she stripped off her dress, announcing that she's a bikini model. She then pulled a poem she had written out of her bikini top. The poem was written, not for Charlie, like Ryan did for Trista, but for the Bachelor, whoever he is. She gives him the poem to keep, Charlie flattered, gives her a flower from the arrangement behind him, in return for that, she gives him her bikini top!

On the dancing group date, Kristine talked about her experiences working long hours in TV production. Then strangely, she said she was a "private investigator for the government".

At the rose ceremony, she stated that she hoped that her name was written in Charlie's heart. Upon not receiving a rose, she professed her love for Charlie (after one date!). But the best part came in her exit interview. She farted! She said "I want to tell him that I love him because of ... (Brrrraaaap) who he is". She was talking, paused, squeezed one out, then finished her sentence!

I'll miss Kristine. What a great bachelorette to talk about. Charlie, to his credit, saw her craziness, and dumped her. Dump the crazy one right away? When has that ever happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Zinnia
    Kristine was one of the most memorable bachelorettes ever. We first saw her running to meet Charlie, wearing her bikini and carrying her dress. In her two-minute introduction, she stripped off her dress, announcing that she's a bikini model. She then pulled a poem she had written out of her bikini top. The poem was written, not for Charlie, like Ryan did for Trista, but for the Bachelor, whoever he is. She gives him the poem to keep, Charlie flattered, gives her a flower from the arrangement behind him, in return for that, she gives him her bikini top!

On the dancing group date, Kristine talked about her experiences working long hours in TV production. Then strangely, she said she was a "private investigator for the government".

At the rose ceremony, she stated that she hoped that her name was written in Charlie's heart. Upon not receiving a rose, she professed her love for Charlie (after one date!). But the best part came in her exit interview. She farted! She said "I want to tell him that I love him because of ... (Brrrraaaap) who he is". She was talking, paused, squeezed one out, then finished her sentence!

I'll miss Kristine. What a great bachelorette to talk about. Charlie, to his credit, saw her craziness, and dumped her. Dump the crazy one right away? When has that ever happened?
    I agree; Kristine was a trip. I can't believe TPTB didn't convince Charlie to keep her as the token crazy woman. By the way, I read an article in which Jenny was quoted as saying that TPTB tried to talk her into giving Charlie her bra top during the 2-minute dating and she said "no, f'ing way!"

Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain
    I agree; Kristine was a trip. I can't believe TPTB didn't convince Charlie to keep her as the token crazy woman. By the way, I read an article in which Jenny was quoted as saying that TPTB tried to talk her into giving Charlie her bra top during the 2-minute dating and she said "no, f'ing way!"
    More power to Jenny. She and Carrie are about the only two who have displayed common sense so far.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast