+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Show discussion 3/28, *no* spoilers

I noticed that too. Trying to recap the show, the fact that Chris Harrison and Charlie continually call the women girls stands out. I found myself calling them girls because that's what they were referred to as through out. I must be getting older and mellower because it didn't bother me nearly as much as it would have ten years ago. Of course, that could have something to do with the fact that most of them acted like twelve year olds.

I'm usually of the feminist school that prefers to use the term "women" for those 18 and over. However, with this show, my preferred term would be "gal" (and the companion term "guy" for Charlie). That just somehow seems more appropriate to the whole tone of the show.

I don't want to be called or referred to as a "girl" in a work environment, but in a social, party-like atmosphere it doesn't bother me. "Girls Night Out", "Boys Night Out" are phrases that are uttered by me quite often. I think as long as it's not said to demean or belittle, it's OK in my book.

Now as far as this show goes, I think "girls" is quite nice compared to the many alternatives that we could come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by luvthisstuff
    I don't want to be called or referred to as a "girl" in a work environment, but in a social, party-like atmosphere it doesn't bother me. "Girls Night Out", "Boys Night Out" are phrases that are uttered by me quite often. I think as long as it's not said to demean or belittle, it's OK in my book.
    I have to say, I don't understand the issue some women have with the term "girl". I'm a middle aged guy and I have no issue being referred to by the term "boy". My Mom is pushing seventy and will say things like "The girls are coming over to play bridge" to refer to her similarly aged female friends.

Quote Originally Posted by luvthisstuff
    Now as far as this show goes, I think "girls" is quite nice compared to the many alternatives that we could come up with.
    Now that's the truth!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    how did I miss the exit fart? I'm laughing from Pom and Z's description and I didn't even see it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    how did I miss the exit fart? I'm laughing from Pom and Z's description and I didn't even see it!!!
    For everyone that missed it, I've made of copy of the "event" for your enjoyment.

They do ACT "giddy as school girls" around Chuckles.

FORT Regular
    I thought the show was so entertaining! How fun this season will be *snicker*

Loved the caption of the fart since I missed it. Thanks!

Maybe at the end of this season there will be a girls tell all instead...

And why hasn't anybody commented on Chris's dialogue with Charlie in the limo/car at the end of the show!? That was one of the best parts of the show! I sure hope they show us the clips of Chris at the end of each episode.

Thanks so much for the clip of Kristine, I saw the show and totally didn't catch that! Freaking Hilarious!! I worked for an hour to get the volume working on my comp just to see it! hehe! How awful we are to get so much joy out of others mishaps!!
    Even the best fall down sometimes
    Even the stars refuse to shine
    Out of the doubt that fills your mind
    I somehow find - You and I Collide - Howie Day

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast