+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Show discussion 3/28, *no* spoilers

Pom. Bless you for doing a transcript of the world's most bizarre rose ceremony yet.

Great RC recap, Pom!

I think Kindle is the manliest bachelorette since Jenny the spy.

I hope future RCs are mini TWTA free-for-alls like this one. Best. RC. Ever.

Wow! Danger Bunny's screen caps! All we need now are Randall's rankings!

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    1. What’s with all the references to "girls," for crying out loud???
    The problem is there is no good general-use non-formal group pronoun for women, the female equivalent of "guy". Officially the equivalent is "gal" but it's not in general use for some reason that escapes me. "Girl" implies childhood, "woman" is too formal, "ladies" is too fancy, "chicks" is seen as demeaning (as are lot's of other terms that will get me kicked off this board if I list them). The word-vacuum is so sever that some women have started to use "guys" as a gender neutral pronoun.

6. Body Shots? I admit, I had no idea what those are. But that’s because (1) I haven’t drank in almost 19 years and (2) I’m wicked old (and not too hip).
    That wasn't even a decent body shot. In a real tequila body shot the guy licks part of the woman then sprinkles salt there (the licking is to make it wet so the salt will stick), the lime is placed in the woman's teeth, then the tequila is poured in her navel. The guy then drinks the tequila, licks the salt and takes the lime out of her mouth with his. Of course the sexes can be reversed if desired.

I’ll transcribe it in its entirety for anyone who missed seeing it.
    And I thought I had too much free time on my hands...

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Bunny
    The word-vacuum is so severe that some women have started to use "guys" as a gender neutral pronoun.
    Both women and men are using guys (and even dudes) as gender neutral pronouns.

FORT Newbie
    bamabrain and onewally: I, too, LOVE the grammar gaffes, ESPECIALLY Geitan's "I should of gaven him a chance." Two gaffes in one!

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    Just to clear this up , there was no temp site , and we thought maybe no fort forever when the bachelor was airing , so the whining isn't really appreciated.

Charlie and sleazebags were the ultimate least of our concerns when faced with losing 1.5 million posts and 2.5 years of work.
    My comments were intended to express my appreciation for FORT. Any whining perceived was just your imagination. May I recommend decaf? I am not a computer programmer or expert and just started using the Internet 7 months ago. Your response was the first time I heard that FORT and its memory banks might have been lost forever. Thanks for the info and hurtful comments.

I only knew what a body shot was, because they did it on Joe Schmo.

I often refer to both men and women as "guys". They certainly couldn't call these females "ladies".

The RC free-for-all is like people not knowing when to shut up in the Apprentice Boardroom. Lots of fun for us but reality show suicide for them.

I definitely am going to have to start taping these shows. You "guys" always point out stuff that I completely missed.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    My comments were intended to express my appreciation for FORT. Any whining perceived was just your imagination. May I recommend decaf? I am not a computer programmer or expert and just started using the Internet 7 months ago. Your response was the first time I heard that FORT and its memory banks might have been lost forever. Thanks for the info and hurtful comments.
    You might want to check out the the "we're back" thread in the announcement forum where a great many of our grateful members have posted their thanks to John . Of course a lot of folk here, some recommending decaf to the staff after a harrowing week are just that self centered they didn't bother stick their head out of the forum to do that. The green guys as always are exempt as they show their support financially which we do appreciate given the woes of the last week.

Back to Charlie & the Ho's

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic
    Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    I definitely am going to have to start taping these shows. You "guys" always point out stuff that I completely missed.
    I live in Arizona, but I think I'm going to go ahead and read the show discussion thread anyway. It's not like I'm sitting on the edge of my seat wondering who is going to get cut. I'd rather read the thread so that I don't miss anything!

Well, last week it was body shots. What's it going to be this week? Strip poker? Skinnydipping? A trip to a nudie bar? It seems I recall reading somewhere that the bachelor/ettes have a say in what the fantasy dates will consist of. Can you imagine what Chuck will come up with if that's true? *snicker*

I will agree that this bachelor is better than any other season I've seen.. with that said Good time Charlie is an oaf coasting on his brother's famous coat tails.
    Geitan walked out and she should have stayed gone, but knowing the crafty producers .. they cajoled her into coming back and allowing Charile to eliminate her. If you've seen any season of the bachelor you know what you were signing up for get over yourself chick.

One more comment - I'm sure the owner of the bar where the billiards date took place was not pleased to have his establishment constantly refered to as a dive
    It looked like a local tavern/pub to me. Depending on the company you can have a really good time at one of those places.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

1. What’s with all the references to "girls," for crying out loud??? Throughout the whole show the bachelorettes were called “GIRLS.” Nobody ever said the word “women” in this show, not once. Well, I take that back – Chris said it once during the Rose Ceremony. The bachelorettes were referred to as GIRLS throughout the entire episode, by everyone: by Chris, by Bum-Chin, and by even the bachelorettes themselves. That was odd and somewhat offensive to an old broad like me.

Since they insisted on calling the bachelorettes "girls" then I think a more fitting term, perhaps, would have been,
    XXX GIRLS XXX GIRLS XXX GIRLS XXX.”
    I totally agree and I caught that too. I will never forget my first week in freshman English in college. One of the students made reference to the girls in the class, the professor stopped everything and gave us all a stern lecture. We were in college now. We were women and men. To refer to ourselves as girls was demeaning and offensive. That was news to me, but I've gotten it ever since.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast