+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarah W.

Sarah W.

Fashion Design

Me in 3 words: Funny, fun, happy

My greatest achievement to date: My degree in fashion design.

Why I haven't found the man of my dreams: He hasn't walked into my life yet.

I am new here so I hope I do this correct.

I found this article in a newspaper back in NY.

Corning native gets a rose on 'Bachelor'
    - 24-year-old L.A. resident survives first cut in TV show.

Star-Gazette Corning Bureau

Corning native Sarah Welch made her television debut Monday on the new season of "The Bachelor."

Sarah Welch
    "It's very weird to see her on TV. There was a lot of screaming around here last night," her mother, Karen Welch, said Tuesday from her home in Corning. "We had family there. Everybody kept screaming a lot when she came on. It was pretty funny."

Sarah Welch, 24, received the first rose Monday from bachelor Charlie O'Connell of Manhattan, "a financially secure, 29-year-old jack-of-all-trades who enjoys a fantastic lifestyle and a love for life that is contagious," according to the program's Web site.

"That was pretty grand," her father, Jacob Welch, said of his daughter getting the first rose, which means she was the first bachelorette chosen to stay on the program. He admitted it was somewhat strange to see his daughter on television.

"She's now living in Los Angeles," he said. "I think she became interested when she heard about the show out there, and there was an opportunity to be on it."

Sarah Welch earned a degree in fashion design in 2003 from the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising in Los Angeles, Jacob Welch said.

She considers that her greatest achievement to date, according to the program's Web site. She describes herself on the site in three words as "funny, fun, happy," and explains why she has not found the man of her dreams: "He hasn't walked into my life yet."

Karen Welch was skeptical at first when her daughter said she was going to be on the show. "I totally didn't believe her," she said with a laugh. "She finally showed me this e-mail that they sent her."

The seventh edition of "The Bachelor" premiered Monday with 25 women. By the end of the episode, 12 were left.

In addition to Sarah Welch, they include Kerry, Kindle, Anitra, Krisily, Jenny, Kimberly, Sarah B., Kara, Carrie, Gina Marie and Megan.

The program airs at 9 p.m. Mondays on WENY-TV Channel 36.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    He seems to be favouring her so far.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Reality tv fan
    He seems to be favouring her so far.
    That's putting it lightly. I couldn't believe how he mauled her with that nasty wet kiss. Even she seemed stunned.

Quote Originally Posted by inthestars
    That's putting it lightly. I couldn't believe how he mauled her with that nasty wet kiss. Even she seemed stunned.
    It's funny how different people get different impressions. I thought he was the one who pulled back. Sarah had her hand resting on the inside of his knee, and he was the one who said let's save something for later. You may well prove to be right inthestars.

I was a little turned off by his kissing. Maybe he had too much to drink and was just sloppy. He certainly does seem to really like Sara, but we will see what happens as the show goes on.
    "Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." ~ Oscar Wilde

Premium Member
    That was nasty. I thought the mauling was mutual. Didn't really need to see the inside of his lips. :phhht

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    That was nasty. I thought the mauling was mutual. Didn't really need to see the inside of his lips. :phhht
    Mutual mauling is a darn fine description.

Looks like she had too much to drink at the club.....did you notice her wasting her drink on her skirt after Charlie stopped their slobberfest. And Charlie, the gentlemen he is, had to wipe the wasted drink off her skirt before they went back to the other girls. Charlie got kisses from Sarah W. and brushed his hands against her lap. Good first night for GOOD TIME Charlie.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Do I see brunette roots in that picture.....as long as she doesn't confess....she will go far

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast