+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Sarah W.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    WOW!! she sure sounded a bit psycho toward the end.....just a wee BIT arrogant there...

oh well....I still liked her.....lol..

FORT Fan
    If Sarah W really did come out of Boulder Creek Academy....I'm uncomfortable joining the snarkfest.

1) it was a program for teenagers with serious drug and emotional problems.

2) it also went bankrupt after employees were accused at some of the sister schools of sexual improprieties with students etc. (apparently)

3) a core element of the program was to teach students to work through their crises with something like "I am _________I am beautiful and deserving of success. I'm a winner...I deserve great things in my life."

She's not many years removed from the experience. It was sort of a leap of confidence for her to appear on the show, strange as it seems. Winding up on TV and winning the heart of a minor but possibly alcoholic celebrity might be a big accomplishment from her perspective. Affirmation of the Stuart Smalley speech she fell back to at the end of her guest shot on the Charlie Rose show.

If Fleiss et. al. knew anything about this, it's genuinely despicable that they exploited it and essentially created conditions to bring it all out. It also puts Charlie's wordless snow shovelling encounter with Sarah's father in a strange light.

On the other hand, she could just be a great actress who was hired to play a role and she's laughing at all of us...Kimberly seems to be treating it that way.
    And if she were acting, Sarah W was much better than any of the young ladies on the Starlet.

DOGBAT AND BOSKEROO BOTH HAVE GOOD POINTS.

Sarah W was actually my early favorite.
    Support the FORT - Go Green

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumi
    DOGBAT AND BOSKEROO BOTH HAVE GOOD POINTS..

Yes, they do. Thanks for digging a little deeper on BCA, Boskeroo. Sarah struck me as conniving and calculating, she should have known enough to keep her affirmations to herself, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by boskeroo
    If Sarah W really did come out of Boulder Creek Academy....I'm uncomfortable joining the snarkfest.

1) it was a program for teenagers with serious drug and emotional problems.

2) it also went bankrupt after employees were accused at some of the sister schools of sexual improprieties with students etc. (apparently)

3) a core element of the program was to teach students to work through their crises with something like "I am _________I am beautiful and deserving of success. I'm a winner...I deserve great things in my life."

She's not many years removed from the experience. It was sort of a leap of confidence for her to appear on the show, strange as it seems. Winding up on TV and winning the heart of a minor but possibly alcoholic celebrity might be a big accomplishment from her perspective. Affirmation of the Stuart Smalley speech she fell back to at the end of her guest shot on the Charlie Rose show.

If Fleiss et. al. knew anything about this, it's genuinely despicable that they exploited it and essentially created conditions to bring it all out. It also puts Charlie's wordless snow shovelling encounter with Sarah's father in a strange light.

On the other hand, she could just be a great actress who was hired to play a role and she's laughing at all of us...Kimberly seems to be treating it that way.
    And if she were acting, Sarah W was much better than any of the young ladies on the Starlet.
    Thank you for this. I know reality stars are supposed to be fair game, but I am also uncomFORTable kicking someone while they are down, especially if they have problems. It sounds like she may have been -brainwashed is strong word, but the only one I can think of- into the whole self-confidence mantra. I think we women are taught not to think too highly of ourselves, then told to celebrate our accomplishments because nobody else will. It's hard to find that balance between being grateful for our gifts (be they beauty, brains, or ???) and not being haughty.

We need love most when we are most unlovable.

I think it's crap when programs that are supposed to help people confuse self ego with self esteem, it's damaging.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferInCO
    Thank you for this. I know reality stars are supposed to be fair game, but I am also uncomFORTable kicking someone while they are down, especially if they have problems. It sounds like she may have been -brainwashed is strong word, but the only one I can think of- into the whole self-confidence mantra. I think we women are taught not to think too highly of ourselves, then told to celebrate our accomplishments because nobody else will. It's hard to find that balance between being grateful for our gifts (be they beauty, brains, or ???) and not being haughty.

We need love most when we are most unlovable.
    But there is a CLEAR line between those two, that I bet the majority of the women here at FORT know the difference.

I think majority of women know the difference between being able to tell yourself "I am a smart, beautiful woman" and "People are just racist because I'm so beautiful. I mean, like, it really sucks to be discriminated against cause I'm so gorgeous. If only I was a little less beautiful"

Premium Member
    Sarah W. was just on Jimmy Kimmel. They did the "Mating Game" which was a spoof of the old Dating Game. She picked from 3 pretty average looking guys who were waiting in line across the street to see the new Star Wars. She interviewed them with funny questions like "which Star Wars character are you most like in bed?". It was funny, she was a pretty good sport about it and seemed pretty normal. Did anybody else see this?

Quote Originally Posted by CallieCutie
    But there is a CLEAR line between those two, that I bet the majority of the women here at FORT know the difference.
    Mmmm, yes and no. As an example, I know I'm intelligent and add a great deal of value to my employer, but I sometimes have a hard time knowing how to convey that I'm worth a promotion without seeming like I'm putting on airs or saying, in effect, that I have more value than someone else. Yes, there are people who do that type of thing very well and I applaud them, but there are many more who turn people off with their ego.

I do think this is a product of your environment to a certain extent. I was teased about being a "brain" in school so ended up conditioned to downplay my excitement when I had a big accomplishment. Even as I write this as an example I sit here and wonder if I'm "bragging" and should I even the score by telling a few of my not-so-stellar traits...

I think majority of women know the difference between being able to tell yourself "I am a smart, beautiful woman" and "People are just racist because I'm so beautiful. I mean, like, it really sucks to be discriminated against cause I'm so gorgeous. If only I was a little less beautiful"
    Yeah, this was over the top... :rolleyes

I found an article on Boulder Creek Academy. It declared bankruptcy a week ago Friday and just closed it's doors. No warning, just get out. Prepaid tuition lost. http://www.bonnersferryherald.com/in...=news&str=1574

But I'm still not certain that Sarah W went there.

(Wow! Nearly $72,000 a year.)

+ Reply to Thread