+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Sarah W.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinnia
    I found an article on Boulder Creek Academy. It declared bankruptcy a week ago Friday and just closed it's doors. No warning, just get out. Prepaid tuition lost. http://www.bonnersferryherald.com/in...=news&str=1574

But I'm still not certain that Sarah W went there.

(Wow! Nearly $72,000 a year.)
    Zinnia, I've got several links for you if you want, postings by several alums of BCA who speak of Sarah (as far back as March) appearing on the Bachelor. They are in a thread devoted to the 'survivors' of BCA and similar schools, and are full of bitterness and vitriol. Sarah's only mentioned briefly a few times, and they have nothing particularly bad to say about her, but they do confirm that a number of people knew her at BCA, Idaho.

FORT Newbie
    I don't know enough about BCA to know whether or not it would be a very damaging experience, although those types of schools give me the creeps in general.

However, I would think that if anything, you might see the result of any BCA-related "self confidence" in W in her statements regarding how sure she was was going to be picked before the rose ceremony, how she didn't feel she needed to be worried about the other girls, because she knew that Charlie was thinking of her etc.

What bothered me more about her was the way she took no responsibility for her own behaviour. All of the other girls hated her for absolutely no reason - just like they did in high school; she wasn't picked due to her overwhelming beauty (not due to any actions on her part). It makes me wonder if this was the reason why she was sent to BCA in the first place. Whatever the reason she was sent to BCA, I am extremely doubtful that this behaviour would be the result of anything that transpired at a boarding school. She seems to lack any ability to be introspective, or to see herself from another's point of view.

She occasionally also showed a real mean streak, which is another very unattractive quality, not to be confused with bitchiness which is common among our bachelorettes.

It was my understanding from another site that she was sent to this place because she attempted suicide by guzzling a couple bottles of scope, was a cutter and was troublesome for her family. (NOT a confirmed fact, it was posted by someone who claimed to know her father). Not many teens AREN'T troublesome at one time or another which is why she probably passed screening. How long should teenage behavior be held against someone? I don't think the fact that she was in this school has anything to do with her vanity and narcisism. At any rate, her self soothing is so outrageously funny, we still found it entertaining. SHE chose to go on the show and it's pretty much common sense that someone may dig out your skeletons if you expose yourself to famewhoring. She's just an odd duck, plain and simple. Like, ya know?

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    Sarah W. was just on Jimmy Kimmel. They did the "Mating Game" which was a spoof of the old Dating Game. She picked from 3 pretty average looking guys who were waiting in line across the street to see the new Star Wars. She interviewed them with funny questions like "which Star Wars character are you most like in bed?". It was funny, she was a pretty good sport about it and seemed pretty normal. Did anybody else see this?
    Yep.. I saw it! But...you're considering those guys "average" looking??

Then after she picked who was to be the winner, she and he went on a "date". Which, was a spoof of The Bachelor... they were sitting on a blanket having a picnic while the two losers were sitting there watching.

Jimmy Kimmel is great!

FORT Newbie
    onewally...I'd like the link if you don't mind. I don't know why it couldn't be put here, but if not, do you mind sending me a message....Thanks..

She defintely seems off. Trish from the old Bachelor was confidently arrogant. Sarah sounded different than that. They are going to tear her up at the reunion show. I hope she can handle it. If she was just as arrogant as I thought, I was ready for them to let her have it, but I don't wish her harm! What happened to the psych screenings?

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    Sarah W. was just on Jimmy Kimmel. They did the "Mating Game" which was a spoof of the old Dating Game. She picked from 3 pretty average looking guys who were waiting in line across the street to see the new Star Wars. She interviewed them with funny questions like "which Star Wars character are you most like in bed?". It was funny, she was a pretty good sport about it and seemed pretty normal. Did anybody else see this?
    I did Marley. I expected Kimmel to do a bit of a hatchet job on her, but all he did was refer to her as having "a great deal of self-esteem". And to round out the geek-fest, I do believe I saw Average Joe's David Daskell in the audience!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by onewally
    Is it possible to eliminate the title of this thread and just call it.....

The Presence
    Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain
    Nah . . . I want to call it The Absence
    I say let's just call it THE GOOD RIDDANCE!

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Yep.. I saw it! But...you're considering those guys "average" looking??
    I know, I know... you should have read what I wrote at first but I was just trying to be nice. Snark usually just flows out of me so I don't know what stopped me last night. The fact that they were standing in line waiting to see the next Star Wars movie should say enough about them.

I missed the date part, that had to be pretty funny! I loved Jimmy Kimmel when he was on Ben Stein's Money, and I got a huge kick out of The Man Show.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 05-04-2005 at 09:23 PM.

FORT Newbie

hey ladies

Ladies - I am actually feeling sorry for Sarah Welch - it's too easly to pick on someone with mental problems...i think she signed up for something that maybe she really can't handle emotionally! I hated her watching the show
    (believe me i couldn't stand her) but the more i read about her I actually feel bad for her. She obviosly has problems and the fact she keeps repeating the BCA mantra from 7ish years ago to make herself feel valuable is really pathetic and sad!!!

JMHO

I don't think we can assume anything about her. It has been months since the filming ended. How much can we/she chalk up to editing and laugh about it? She obviously did fine on Jimmy Kimmel. She just didn't win this time, as she expected, and perhaps she just rationalizes that away. I don't think Charlie was the issue - winning was. She may have fallen back on some old techniques, but don't assume she is mentally destroyed or an emotional wreck. And because she may have HAD problems years ago, does not mean she has not developed coping mechanisms that work for her.
    She has been shown with a truly distastful self-serving narcissistic personality - I think she has always been that way and whatever counseling she had didn't/won't change that.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

+ Reply to Thread