+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kara

Kara

Nanny

Me in 3 words: Fun, honest, empathetic

My greatest achievement to date: Raising my daughter on my own and moving across the country by myself to live out my dreams.

Why I haven't found the man of my dreams: I can be too picky. I think I'm also pretty focused on my career.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    If she really is that "picky" once she gets to know Charlie, she will walk off the show.....

FORT Regular
    Robohost has said in interviews that the ending for this season's bachelor is definitely "surprising." I wouldn't be at all surprised if he picked Kara, a single mom. What would be surprising about him picking any of the others? Plus, I've noticed that although the "format" of the show has changed, the way they depict the contestants has not. Sara W. will probably go far but not all the way, based on the fact that Charlie is definitely attracted but at the same time they're showing her too much. Kara seems to be the dark horse.
    Sometimes you just gotta jump and build your wings on the way down.

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jenoy2001
    Robohost has said in interviews that the ending for this season's bachelor is definitely "surprising." I wouldn't be at all surprised if he picked Kara, a single mom. What would be surprising about him picking any of the others? Plus, I've noticed that although the "format" of the show has changed, the way they depict the contestants has not. Sara W. will probably go far but not all the way, based on the fact that Charlie is definitely attracted but at the same time they're showing her too much. Kara seems to be the dark horse.
    I thought the surprise he's referring to is that Charileand the final two are still "dating" and he will decide which one on the live final rose show!
    I really like Kara but feel Charlie boy is too much of a "boy" to want the responsibilites of potentially being an instant "dad" if he gets serious with someone with a child. I kind of wish Kara would take herself out of this fiasco because she seems like a nice, decent girl and although Charlie keeps saying he wants a "good" girl... his definition of "good" and most of ours seems to be very different! I see her getting hurt and I'd hate to see that. She's one of the few I really like on this show!
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

From the previews, it looks like she puts him on the spot about the "dating a single mom" issue... but then again, they usually make things look like something they're not! I think Kara would be looking for someone a little more stable than "good time Charlie"!

LG.
    I like Kara. We single moms need to stick together. However, what kind of potential step-dad are you going to meet while appearing on The Bachelor? I guess that is the question she keeps posing to good-time Charlie, but he might get bored with the question.

I wonder if Kara is letting her daughter watch her mother's television appearance? I hope not.

LG.
    I used to always watch parts of The Bach with Lil LG (she loves it when they dress up in gowns for the rose ceremony), but lately there has been waaay too many women kissing just one man. I blame Blob. Of course I was never ON the show . . .

Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    I used to always watch parts of The Bach with Lil LG (she loves it when they dress up in gowns for the rose ceremony), but lately there has been waaay too many women kissing just one man. I blame Blob. Of course I was never ON the show . . .
    Blob did start a downward spirl. This season is high on the trashy factor and low on the gowns. I can just picture Kara trying to explain the body shot, Kristine's giving Charlie her bikini top, and Kim's outfits let alone Charlie's kissing technique.

FORT Fan
    The thing that puzzles me about the shift from the Bachelor to the Bachelor Party is that I was always under the impression that the show's primary audience was female. That said, the Byron-Mary season and the Meredith-Ian seasons should have worked better ratings wise.

This version I could see men watching it because it's a reality tv version of American Pie or Old School. Now they play blatantly and even literally to the Hugh Hefner fantasy. I'm just curious what's in it for the women who I thought were the Bachelor's core audience. Do they watch, laugh, and tell themselves "I'm glad I'm not that skanky or do they say you know that ___I hate, she acts just like that."

I have to say that the women on the Good Time Charlie version seem to have been casting rejects from Fear Factor where the theme is always how far will you go and how little can you wear doing it.

The one way I do see for the show to have big time appeal to the Romantic bachelor audience if the story arc turns into some sort of epiphany for Charlie. That say, one of the women goes too far in the next week or two or things get even more out of hand at the Rose ceremony, and Charlie suddenly changes his priorities or turns out to have been a semi-spy who was seeing who would take the bait then turns into Mr. Commitment and Mr. Romantic. The best would be say a relatively homely production assistant who appears in parts of the show who Charlie suddenly realizes is right for him.
    The second best story arc would be Kara and Charlie meeting the kid on a home visit, going to games together, maybe turning into Jerry Mcguire.

If this were a movie though, there's been no foreshadowing for Charlie to be save by the "right woman" and thus the ultimate Bachelor story.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast