+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: "Reality Love Stories:Where Are They Now?"

FORT Fan
    If we think about it Jerry never had his limo ride of rejection so the finger for whom ever it is for is fitting. Where ever it fits is where it is ment to be. LOL

Since then Jerry has been nothing but gracious & still standing behind Jen. Who the hell does not wanta guy like that.

These guys are wonderful & I think Jen's family & friends should back off abit & let her run her own life.

I would live for Jerry to tell us what he meant by there are those that do not want us together. I am sure we will never know but we can assume & I am sure it is not too far off.

Quote Originally Posted by chigirl
    You would think, though, after having gone through the Bachelor show, she'd have shown just a teeny weeny bit of compassion for the guys she basically rejected on national TV, especially Jerry. She made it seem like she didn't care about them a single iota. I can handle her saying no to a marriage proposal, in fact, it seems like a reasonable and rational action to take. It's just the cold and uncaring way she carried it out that I have a problem with.
    You would think--though she was never rejected on The Bachelor. I'm not sure she even exhibited sympathy--the ability to feel sorry for someone who is in worse shape than you. I really don't think she exhibited empathy--the ability to put yourself in someone else's shoes even if you've never been in that position yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by toopicky55
    If I would love for Jerry to tell us what he meant by there are those that do not want us together.
    I am guessing her father, Abby and Michelle for starters. Dumb and Dumber seem to have it in for him from the first night when they were serving drinks. Maybe it's because he didn't tip. While Jerry was visiting, I don't think the father smiled once.

FORT Regular
    Originally Posted by toopicky55
    If I would love for Jerry to tell us what he meant by there are those that do not want us together.
    I really think he meant the tabloids, because he said "the media" almost immediately after that statement, as if he was clarifying.

You would think, though, after having gone through the Bachelor show, she'd have shown just a teeny weeny bit of compassion for the guys she basically rejected on national TV, especially Jerry. She made it seem like she didn't care about them a single iota. I can handle her saying no to a marriage proposal, in fact, it seems like a reasonable and rational action to take. It's just the cold and uncaring way she carried it out that I have a problem with.
    You're right. A bit of empathy and compassion would have gone a long way.
    As I got older I had to step out of the lines and make up my own mind. --Liz Phair

chigirl, just the opposite, I was getting tired of hearing Jen tell the guys how much compassion she DID have for the position they were in since she had gone through it. If you're referring only to her answer to Jerry's proposal, I can understand, but not throughout the season. And even in how she responded to Jerry with her answer, I don't think there was much compassion there because she thought Jerry already knew her answer since supposedly they had discussed it prior to the show. In her mind, they both had decided not to go through with it pre-show. In his mind, he knew there would be no proposal, but held out hope for a dating relationship.
    Anywhere you go, let me go too. Gerard, that's all I ask of you.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGal
    I am guessing her father, Abby and Michelle for starters. Dumb and Dumber seem to have it in for him from the first night when they were serving drinks. Maybe it's because he didn't tip. While Jerry was visiting, I don't think the father smiled once.
    Do you think Jen dumped him because of pressure from family/friends, or because she found something better (ie Billy Dec)? Or perhaps it just fizzled on its own? It sure seems like there were no fans in Jerry's corner, but we can see that Jerry is just way too different from Jen and her crew's view of the world. Is she going to need validation on everyone she goes out with? Heaven forbid that she doesn't get the Abby and Michelle seal of approval on the next man. With these two as her best friends and advisors, it's no wonder Jen is so lost. And Mom and Dad aren't much better. I'm still aghast at Mom putting Jerry's flowers in JP's tacky vase. (At least even vapid Jen made a face at that action.) Does this family only care about $$$? They could sure use the money to redecorate (ooh, sorry that was a low blow). Jen needs the $$ now for some therapy!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by monique_46
    chigirl, just the opposite, I was getting tired of hearing Jen tell the guys how much compassion she DID have for the position they were in since she had gone through it. If you're referring only to her answer to Jerry's proposal, I can understand, but not throughout the season. And even in how she responded to Jerry with her answer, I don't think there was much compassion there because she thought Jerry already knew her answer since supposedly they had discussed it prior to the show. In her mind, they both had decided not to go through with it pre-show. In his mind, he knew there would be no proposal, but held out hope for a dating relationship.
    Monique, you're right, she kept saying she knew how they felt, but she sure didn't act like it. She had been through all those rose ceremonies in Andrew's Bachelor, so she knew was it was like to face elimination (although she ended up being selected) and she saw the girls' reactions to rejection. Yet, all she did was pay lip service to these men when she rejected them. It's what made me so mad at the end, (in addition to the obvious re-edit of the FRC). I can understand saying no to the proposal, but can't we show some decency to Jerry and JP? I just hate seeing cruelty on display, and that's what it seemed like to me. No matter what was agreed upon by Jen and Jerry prior to the show, she still acted very uncaring, IMO, and it's what's earning her the backlash she's experiencing now.

Thank you, chigirl. I haven't been able to really put my thoughts together very well yet about the trainwreck of the ATFR, but this specific comment really pinpoints one of the reasons I was left INCREDIBLY disappointed in Jen - yet again.

For someone who had multiple meltdowns and always seemed to have her heart on her sleeve, she certainly came across on ATFR as pretty heartless, self-absorbed, and unemotional. The biggest show of emotion I saw - with both John Paul AND Jerry - was the little twisting her lips to one side motion. You know the one - the same one she did when Fabrice said he didn't want to marry her. I'm sorry, it just bothers me that she just seemed to be going through the motions and didn't seem to care a bit about how Jerry felt. Perhaps, that was her 'defense mechanism' for how she managed to make it through an incredibly awkward situation, but it's still no excuse for how she handled the situation with Jerry.

And NO, I'm not saying that she should have played along and told Jerry something untrue just to 'save face.' But, since she had quite a long time to think about it, you would think she'd be a bit more prepared to let Jerry down easy.

Ahh well, I guess I'll go over to the ATFR thread to continue the discussion.

Topic?

I just watched the interview that Jerry gave with WHAM (local TV). I have no doubt that he'll be fine in the long run. I wish I could hear clips of his 2 hour + time on 98.7 w/ Jaime and Danny (?) in LA and especially the interview with JP, Wendell, and Ryan. I bet it would be a nice consolation after being so annoyed with myself, ABC, and Jen

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal
    I don't think Jerry was "frozen" out. He was "the one" from beginning. None of the other guys stood a chance. Her family and friends thought JP would be perfect for her, but she didn't want JP. She wanted Jerry but they didn't approve. Jen was in a lose-lose situation. It was either go with JP and be miserable or pick Jerry and have everyone tell you it will never work. I think that is the reason she had the breakdown.
    I agree, and when she 1st made Jerry her choice, I think she didn't care what family & barbie twins thought, she was going with her heart. Then she found out his art gallery is in the mall, and she thought less of him and more of what the others thought, and ice princess emerged.

+ Reply to Thread