+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: CHARLIE O'CONNELL - The Bachelor

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam
    Dear Lord. Too funny. Click on the "season premier" - here is the abc medianet
    blurb: Abc medianet
    Thanks, pajamasam, and agreed, this show's premise is actually sounding pretty funny.. I think the only way to enjoy this show is to take it totally as a tongue in cheek snark fest and enjoy the ride... We're not expecting much from this, so why not just sit back and have some good laughs. This is like a Trish/Trash sorority club... just imagine this first time meeting as apposed to Jen's elaborate "wow me men" meeting!
    25 women, including the series' first single mom, barely have a chance to get settled in their rooms at the Roosevelt Hotel. Thinking they have a day to prepare for the start of the show, the girls are ambushed and told that they'll meet the then undisclosed Bachelor in just five minutes. A mad dash ensues - women not dressed, without makeup - as they congregate to learn Charlie's identity and immediately begin a rapid dating session with him, trying desperately to make a good first impression - some disarming and funny, some feisty. During the rapid dating, Charlie hands out two roses to those women who have impressed him the most, only to have host Chris Harrison surprise him with the news that he will have to immediately eliminate five women.
    (from the above mentioned site)
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

OooOhh, awesome!! I love the whole idea of the gals runnign around naked in front of him, man someone is gonna lose an eye! I'm glad they dropped the romance angel, it's sufficient to say Jen butered it but good. Even Jesse kept up a better facade imo but this will just be classic. Classic.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Oh this is going to be so much fun. For once I will sit at the computer and watch the show. I just do not care enough to watch the show and post later. I will be in there snarking with you cafegirl and Pom. (Although I will have to sharpen my skills to compete with Pom. As she is one of the best ). Let the games begin.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeGal
    Oh this is going to be so much fun. For once I will sit at the computer and watch the show. I just do not care enough to watch the show and post later. I will be in there snarking with you cafegirl and Pom. (Although I will have to sharpen my skills to compete with Pom. As she is one of the best ). Let the games begin.
    Please do join us, BuckeyeGal. I'm in total agreement about Pom.. I've told her ... I want to grow up some day and be in the "Snark" elite group of Pom, Karen14, QBoots, and so many others who challenge my wit and ability to type and laugh and think intelligently at the same time (not a feat that I accomplish with finesse!!) But hopefully this season, we'll just have to call this the trainwreck-waiting-to-happen ride, and let that hidden voyeur in all of us, watch this lame version of the Playboy bunny channel. I've been brushing up on new lingo with my thesaurus so I'll be ready to snark with the best!!

Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl
    But hopefully this season, we'll just have to call this the trainwreck-waiting-to-happen ride, and let that hidden voyeur in all of us, watch this lame version of the Playboy bunny channel. I've been brushing up on new lingo with my thesaurus so I'll be ready to snark with the best!!
    What mode of transportation will be adopted as "the ride" this time around? I'm thinking pimp mobile or (st)retch limo might be appropriate .
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

FORT Newbie
    I'm actually thinking that a less structured form of the show would be good. Maybe that would have been better for Jen.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy
    What mode of transportation will be adopted as "the ride" this time around? I'm thinking pimp mobile or (st)retch limo might be appropriate .
    I'm thinking most of these girls could be bustin at Gilley's.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

the stretch limo would be good if the they lined the interior with pink shaggy fur and the chauffeur wore a long fur coat with a leather fedora. .. Of course the way it sounds like they're going to be booting these chicks out, they should just borrow the bus from the Average Joe series... it sounds like they'll need multiple occupancy transportation!!
    I'm thinking Chris should play the role of "Pimp Daddy" and wear the polyester suits with the wide lapels and borrow a ton of gold chains from Harry Winston (come to think of it.. they might be better off dealing with one of those fly by night street vendors selling "genuine" 14 carat gold chains and Rolex watches with the second hand missing!!

Ok, I checked out the names of some carnival rides to help ole' Charlie along... a couple that caught my attention as potentials that were deemed appropriate for this guy.... There's the Zipper or we could go with the Screamer!!

Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl
    Ok, I checked out the names of some carnival rides to help ole' Charlie along... a couple that caught my attention as potentials that were deemed appropriate for this guy.... There's the Zipper or we could go with the Screamer!!
    I'm sorry, that's just an insult to Charlie. What if his body isn't a carnival ride?
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

I'm sorry, that's just an insult to Charlie. What if his body isn't a carnival ride?
    Good one, MsFroggy, I just don't think Charlie boy is going to be taking any "high road" here... Not only do I think he'll be ON the ride, he's going to be in the ticket booth handing out the tickets (i.e. roses) and kicking off the unwanted riders after each spin on the track. Chris will be the midway "hawker"... "step right up and claim your rose ladies if you can stay on for the entire ride."... (say MissThing.. maybe that mechanical bull isn't such a bad idea... there are all kinds of implications with that!! )

+ Reply to Thread