+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Bachelorette 02/28/05 - After The Final Rose: The Lamest Ending Ever

meu
    Actually, I didn't have anything against Jerry or any of the guys (with the exception of Fabrice). I thought that Jen was the problem. I read that she made $60,000 for doing this show and that's a lot of money.

Just call me a realist I suppose. I don't think that this type of show is realistic or sincere and that anyone had the right motives going in or coming out.

From what someone else said on a thread about Jerry, he sounds like a nice man but he DID appear on another reality date show prior to this one and that makes me a little suspicious of his motives as well.

No one blames them for wanting to find a little fame and no one blames them for not being the perfect mates in the end..what I find awful is that we are supposed to suspend our good judgment and fall for the fairy tale aspect of the whole process.

I am NOT going to go for that anytime soon after watching every single one of the Bachelor and Bachelorette shows. :rolleyes
    https://www2.xlibris.com/bookstore/bookdisplay.asp?bookid=27335

Quote Originally Posted by meu
    Actually, I didn't have anything against Jerry or any of the guys (with the exception of Fabrice). I thought that Jen was the problem. I read that she made $60,000 for doing this show and that's a lot of money.

Just call me a realist I suppose. I don't think that this type of show is realistic or sincere and that anyone had the right motives going in or coming out.

From what someone else said on a thread about Jerry, he sounds like a nice man but he DID appear on another reality date show prior to this one and that makes me a little suspicious of his motives as well.

No one blames them for wanting to find a little fame and no one blames them for not being the perfect mates in the end..what I find awful is that we are supposed to suspend our good judgment and fall for the fairy tale aspect of the whole process.

I am NOT going to go for that anytime soon after watching every single one of the Bachelor and Bachelorette shows. :rolleyes
    Anyone that doesn't like Jerry always says he was on another Reality dating show...but I don't think that is true. He was a "cameo" on Real World in NY and he was acquainted with but didn't date a girl from Big Brother. I think it was Ryan who was on Elimadate.
    Do you know of something other than this? It was said that he was approached earlier for the Bachelorette but declined.
    Also, why is it the motives of the guys are suspect if there is any WHIFF of being a fameho but the STAR of the show is above reproach when she is on her second go round on reality tv, and is all over the talk shows and magazines? It seems to be that you have to be a little into the 15 minutes of fame to even consider one of these shows.
    Seems to me...even fameho's need looooove!!
    Also, Jen thinks Jer has ulterior motives, and yet I hear her new love has an upcoming reality show, and he lived in a Buddhist monastery in Thailand...that kind of sounds philosophical to me, but I guess it is easier to "communicate" with a artistic man that has money.

meu
    I DID like Jerry and I had nothing against the other contestants either. It is Jen that I blame for the entire fiasco.

She and her "boss" deny that they are an item but that means nothing because all celebrities (real or wannabe) seem to take the "We're just friends" position.

Whatever the reasons behind the horrible ending of the show, it was unpleasant to watch and I believe that the franchise is a waste of time.

Just wait until you see what's coming next!!!!

Anyone who believes in the true love factor coming from this show will be sorely disappointed!

All I ask is that they call it what it is...a dating show, and that they skip the ring shopping and the proposals.

I don't want to place any blame on the participants...it's the premise that I find fault with.
    https://www2.xlibris.com/bookstore/bookdisplay.asp?bookid=27335

Quote Originally Posted by meu

All I ask is that they call it what it is...a dating show, and that they skip the ring shopping and the proposals.

I don't want to place any blame on the participants...it's the premise that I find fault with.
    I totally agree with that!!!
    The pressure to propose is such a farce. I just re watched the finale...wanted to be sure that I really saw what I thought I saw, after I have had a chance to Calm Down a little....and all I can say is BLEH! :phhht
    Don't think JP actually proposed...they edited in him saying...you're everything I wanted in a wife...blah blah blah...with a reaction shot of Jen smiling and nodding at Jerry. (although he did say those words ad nauseum during the show)so technically I guess he did propose sort of.
    And then Jerry said he didn't want to propose, but he was pressured into it at the last minute.(and even tho I LOVED Jerry, if he did do it under pressure, then that is plain selling out!) Based on the awkward way his proposal was edited it seems his proposal came after Jen had given him the rose and said he was the one. JUST WEIRD!!
    I actually would have rather seen someone get a plane ticket than a proposal they weren't ready to give or receive. No wonder the couples can't make it in the real world.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234