+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Bachelorette 02/28/05 - After The Final Rose: The Lamest Ending Ever

FORT Newbie
    Today, 10:09 PM, Post #20 by LuvMario&Linds:

...I think ABC is going to loose every viewer they had because of her "imature" Move.
    Supposedly the most expensive also. Chris H mentioned that the producers tried to accomodate Jen's wishes .... So, you would understand their displeasure. If the LIVE FINALE was meant to further embarrass her, she unwittingly nailed herself....

meu
    I moderated a couple of forums for The Bachelor and Bachelorette on another board and after watching this series I was totally disgusted and disappointed.

I really felt that the producers insulted the intelligence of their audience and the ending was a total joke. Why not just call it a dating show and forget the ring shopping and the proposals?

It is not going to wind up in a "Happily ever after" fairy tale ending and they shouldn't promote the show that way anymore.

I don't know if I will even watch the next series of shows because I was so angry with the results of this one.
    https://www2.xlibris.com/bookstore/bookdisplay.asp?bookid=27335

The idea that ABC will somehow suffer because of this controversy is false. This ending has been one of the most talked about in the history of the series, and the intrigue around it led to them pushing up the start date of the next season. In many ways, the franchise has been reborn around this new level of cynicism. In other words: you might not like what happened, but I promise you that the producers at ABC did.

-E

Quote Originally Posted by meu
    I moderated a couple of forums for The Bachelor and Bachelorette on another board and after watching this series I was totally disgusted and disappointed.

I really felt that the producers insulted the intelligence of their audience and the ending was a total joke. Why not just call it a dating show and forget the ring shopping and the proposals?

It is not going to wind up in a "Happily ever after" fairy tale ending and they shouldn't promote the show that way anymore.

I don't know if I will even watch the next series of shows because I was so angry with the results of this one.
    They stubbornly stuck with the same stupid formula even after seeing that It. Doesn't. Work.

This show has been cloned in other countries, with the same result. I know of one specifically, in Europe, where the Bachelor chose some chick at the end. The entire show was way more lenient in terms of length of dates, frequency and intimacy. In other words they tried very hard. At the end they were sent on a 2 week vacation abroad, to presumably further bond. They faked happy really well the whole way through, and at the end they split.

No matter how hard they try this cut and paste approach to matchmaking will always be a total failure. Trista and Ryan, are the only aberration but that was like winning the lottery. Hardly ever happens twice. Byron and Mary might still call it quits, so I'm not including them.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

FORT Newbie
    I really did'nt watch the show to much.I knew who she was going to pick the best looking one and he is fine.It want last long it never does.

meu
    Despite the fact that Jen had some say in who was chosen to be her Bachelors and that she refused to accept either proposal until the live show, it still failed. It really can't succeed because a LOT of the people applying for and making it on the show are wannabe actors and their purpose appears to be to seek fame. Jerry had already been on another dating show previous to his stint on The Bachelorette.

I doubt that even half of the candidates are really looking for a permanent mate so the premise is flawed to begin with.

The forthcoming Bachelor show has an actor for the lead and he has NO intention of getting married (his own words from an interview). He broke up with his steady girlfriend to accept the "role" of the Bachelor.

It was amusing in the beginning but lost it's luster after it was obvious that these people are only interested in having free trips and television exposure.

Recently when asked how things were going, Byron commented that he could "see" himself having a family with Mary. Gee, that sure is different from the "most romantic rose ceremony ever" and how they planned to marry right away and have kids. She bought a house in Florida that they are living in and they are "dating". So much for Mary's biological clock and how loud it was ticking!! :rolleyes

I wish them all luck but have little faith that any of this will work out for any of the couples.

Hopeless Romantic
    Jen was not deep enough to look for a soul-mate. She opted for the cute, hot guy even though she couldn't relate to a freakin thing he said.

It was the same as the way she described how she felt about Fabrice at first. She said she could listen to him talk about anything and be looking at him all googly eyed. This is the same way she went about the relationship with Jerry. She was awe struck by his flawless looks and sexy voice and she was all googly eyed over him, but didn't communicate with him at all.

There has to be common ground for a relationship to work. Without a foundation to build from...it is destined to fail.

meu
    Sadly, I have no clue what Jen was looking for and I doubt that she does either.

I also believe that since they communicated during the waiting period that Jerry KNEW that she was going to reject him. He did quite a job of acting during The Final Rose Show. First, he looked like he was going to cry (hands over eyes), than he was proposing to Wendall (comedian in the making) and than he went back and forth between being heart broken and being funny.

The whole thing made me very uncomfortable watching it.

Jen was flat and seemed to have zero personality. I thought that she was the wrong choice for Bachelorette from day one.

I don't know if there is a right choice.

FORT Fanatic

Jerky Jen

I'm tired of hearing how "Jen didn't want any of those guys". I'm sorry but I think this was the best group the show ever put together. Mostly all decent guys - with a freak or two on the side for entertainment. Jen had her pick and blew it.

FORT Newbie
    Post by MEU

I also believe that since they communicated during the waiting period that Jerry KNEW that she was going to reject him. He did quite a job of acting during The Final Rose Show. First, he looked like he was going to cry (hands over eyes), than he was proposing to Wendall (comedian in the making) and than he went back and forth between being heart broken and being funny.
    I totally agree that Jerry felt it but being 'right-brained', he could very easily take a very different approach to the matter. He acknowledged having conceived that thought too but, I am thinking, he had hoped a very different ending more in keeping with his own values. His reaction was real: I didn't think it was 'acting' ... Jerry has very different realities as a person and given his artistic nature, his responses to events/situations would not necessarily fit the norm. Take his statement about Jen reintroducing him to love and trust ... that she did not take that away from him.... That's not a 'phony' statement .... I'd like to think that's the altruistic side of him speaking ... and processing the event in relation to his own experiences growing up ... and being in a family like his. I recalled his brother's answer to Jen's question about Jerry's motives .... He refused to comment but said he knew how he thinks ... and that HE IS NOT A FAKE. This is a thoughtful response which vague as it sounds speaks directly to the 'soul' that is Jerry. So far, articles/interviews about/from Jerry reflect someone who is as real as anyone can be. Jen's mom appropriately described him -philosophical _ that statement of him about taking a leap of faith, for me, further explained, why he still tried to hope for the best whatever that is in the FINALE.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast