+ Reply to Thread
Page 144 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4494134135136137138139140141142143144
Results 1,431 to 1,437 of 1437

Thread: Finale + After the Rose -2/28

FORT Newbie
    Posted by Vicyn

Yes, what has it been all about? A desire to live vicariously through the experiences of others? A chance to relive the slow burn of passion? A forum to test our lessons learned in the vague arena called love? Somehow it all went awry even though we were never really there.

What is that all about? .....or does it even matter? Have we not enjoyed this lurking, pondering, questioning, firing up!?

I confess. I have been feeding my compulsions and obsessions...and there is something thrilling, exhilarating and cleansing in that. Perhaps this is what is meant by relearning to love...or re-igniting belief.

Perhaps we fight the outcome when it is contrary only because the prospect of romance has been rekindled. We are warriors of the heart and we dream with passion.
    As usual, enjoyed your posts ... maybe "A forum to test our lessons learned in the vague arena called love?", hmmmm..... or simply to "feed [my] compulsions and obsessions...and there is something thrilling, exhilarating and cleansing in that".

I can't believe I'm still posting on this thread!

I hope in the future you people who just started posting after the double dump will join us throughout. I haven't been able to tear myself from the thread because your post are too interesting. As I told a friend here, the Charlie party will either be snark paradise or like shooting fish in a barrel, but I hope you all post about it.

The blood lust shown here after the show ended appears to be more the result of being gypped out of a love story than a sign up sheet for a lynch mob to hunt down Jen. You guys had me worried for awhile. I wasn't sure whether I was on the set of the Jerry Springer show or had entered the Twilight Zone.

These consequent discussions have been interesting and insightful. I'm glad I took the risk and came back to read on.

I've watched from Trista's show and I can't remember being so interested in most of the men on any of the "bachelorette" shows I actually liked quite a few of them from Jen's show and felt that ABC got some really nice, smart, charismatic and attractive men for her to pick from, I'm not saying that she "should" have fallen in love, let's face it, it isn't something that can be forced, however, I loved watching Wendell, JP, Ryan, Ben and Jerry. They seemed like very nice guys that I actually wish all the best for.
    The best thing about this time is that while I'm not sure about past shows, it seems like these guys actually liked eachother and I think that says a lot about who they are. I would live to see them on something else together, maybe Amazing Race! LOL..

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by dberk

I hope in the future you people who just started posting after the double dump will join us throughout. I haven't been able to tear myself from the thread because your post are too interesting. As I told a friend here, the Charlie party will either be snark paradise or like shooting fish in a barrel, but I hope you all post about it.

The blood lust shown here after the show ended appears to be more the result of being gypped out of a love story than a sign up sheet for a lynch mob to hunt down Jen. You guys had me worried for awhile. I wasn't sure whether I was on the set of the Jerry Springer show or had entered the Twilight Zone.

These consequent discussions have been interesting and insightful. I'm glad I took the risk and came back to read on.
    The only reason I posted after lurking so long was because I was so dismayed over the "blood lust". And I do think that a certain lynch mob mentality flooded into a lot of the messages posted here. Sad, very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by whitedove
    The only reason I posted after lurking so long was because I was so dismayed over the "blood lust". And I do think that a certain lynch mob mentality flooded into a lot of the messages posted here. Sad, very sad.
    I agree with you and I find it incredibly sad. Sad for us, sad for Jen too. We all know about editing and had Jen accepted Jerry's proposal many fans would be dancing in the streets because "they" would have accepted his proposal "for" her.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk

I hope in the future you people who just started posting after the double dump will join us throughout.

The blood lust shown here after the show ended appears to be more the result of being gypped out of a love story than a sign up sheet for a lynch mob to hunt down Jen. You guys had me worried for awhile. I wasn't sure whether I was on the set of the Jerry Springer show or had entered the Twilight Zone
    I agree, dberk. We felt "gypped", is all. This show is "suppose" to be about romance. That was the whole premise of the show in the beginning, anyway. It has turned into a joke.. this show. Nobody's hunting down Jen..just very disappointed in some of her actions.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Please note we are now archived ( read the warning at the top in big red letters)
    All posts that are not news will be deleted.

All shows we have ever covered have been treated in the same way.

+ Reply to Thread