+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zap2it: 'Bachelorette' Jen Ready to Restart Her Life

Zap2it: 'Bachelorette' Jen Ready to Restart Her Life

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Come Monday night, Jen Schefft will finally get to be with the man of her dreams -- or not, depending on which celebrity gossip you're reading.
    With or without a guy, though, she's looking forward to reclaiming her life after the finale of "The Bachelorette."

"It will be so nice to be able to answer a question freely and say a person's name without wondering what everyone's going to say or what they're going to read into it," Schefft says. "I'm looking forward to that being over."

In Monday's (Feb. 28) finale, the 28-year-old Chicago resident will have to choose between two guys -- the ready-to-settle-down John Paul and Jerry, who has made it to this last round despite Jen's repeated questioning of his motives. Schefft says her doubts, which were sort of a running theme through the season, were there, but that wasn't nearly the whole story with her and Jerry.
    "You're seeing five minutes of a 12-hour day," she says of the way the show, by necessity, is edited. "So yeah, I think I had questions, but I also had a lot of fun and got a lot of my questions answered."

In fact, Schefft says, some of her favorite moments during the course of the show, which finished taping about three months ago, came when the "Bachelorette" crew was busy attending to other things and she had "down time" with the two final guys.

"We'd go into a restaurant or somewhere, and it's not quite ready, and we're sitting in the car waiting to go in. Those are the times that I loved the most because the cameras weren't really on us and we didn't feel intimidated by that," she says. "Those down moments where 25 things were going on around us, we could just sit and no one would really pay attention to the two of us."

As ABC has breathlessly promoted, both John Paul and Jerry propose to Schefft in the finale -- a first for "The Bachelorette." The rejected guy will learn her answer within the confines of the taped show, but the final guy will have to wait for the live "After the Final Rose" special at 10 p.m. ET to hear what she has to say.

Some scuttlebutt has it that Schefft will ultimately reject both guys; she, of course, can't really respond yet. "You'll have to just watch to find out what really happened," she says.

"I'm so nervous," Schefft says. "First of all, it's live, so I can't mess up, or if I do, everyone's going to see. It's very nerve-wracking.

"But I'm just looking forward to ending the show, then moving on with my life. I'm nervous, but I'm excited as well."

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve...787|1|,00.html
    Last edited by hepcat; 02-26-2005 at 07:32 PM. Reason: just making the link live

Well if she were going back to Chicago solo to resume her life why should she be nervous? She must be accepting a proposal. Big Shock. As if ABC would let her say no thanks.

She never once mentions that she is 'so in love', or like some have said in the past..that she 'found the man of her dreams'.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002
    She never once mentions that she is 'so in love', or like some have said in the past..that she 'found the man of her dreams'.
    I suspect Jen has learned from her experience with Andrew that it takes time to really know if you're madly in love, or you've found "the man of your dreams," and while she may have strong feelings now for the man she chose, she wants time in the real world with her chosen one before she can trust her feelings. I think it's very smart of her to NOT make those statements at this point.

I'm just saying..Trista knew...and had said this without anyone thinking she gave the winner away. I think small subtle comments are okay without giving away the winner..if you've really found love. I think Trista knew for a very long time who her choice was..and Im not so sure Jen is as confident.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

FORT Fogey
    I'm just saying..Trista knew...and had said this without anyone thinking she gave the winner away. I think small subtle comments are okay without giving away the winner..if you've really found love. I think Trista knew for a very long time who her choice was..and Im not so sure Jen is as confident.
    But Jen's experience going into this show is not the same as Trista's -- or Meredith's. Jen knows what it's like to "win" on the show, only to find that the relationship wasn't what she thought it was out in the real world. She has said she hoped to find her "one true love" and after her experience with Andrew, I can understand why she would be cautious about making any statements like, finding true love, soulmate, man of her dreams, whatever, until she knows the relationship has "substance" (sorry) away from the cameras.

But you have to remember Jen can't say whether or not she is with her man because she gives her answer LIVE. She can't say if she's in love because if she tells him no then she's not with anyone (from the show). Now I get why she acts the way she does in her interviews. She can't give anything away. VERY different from Trista's and Mere's shows. They were not revealed live.

I have to say that I think giving her answer on the ATFR is probably the way to go given both her history and the history of the show. The extra pressure, though, on both her and the "chosen one" has to be enormous. She really is good at being a bad interview...no hints, no expressions of love or longing - whew! I just bet she can't wait for ALL of this to be over.

FORT Fan
    Of course she can't she is in love yet. One of the major promo this time is if she will accept the proposal. She might as well say she will in interview if she is allowed to say she is in love...

FORT Fanatic
    Oregon-moved to Calif for school- finished school, still in CA
    ITA. We've been so concerned that she isn't in love because we haven't heard her gushing about it like Meredith & Byron. BUT, because this season is different (and this leads me to believe this has been planned from the beginning), she hasn't been able to gush and blurt it out loud. She has been practicing that stone face all season for a reason. It worked. It's provoked a lot of speculation and second guessing, especially at the end here. Otherwise it would have been even more boring and just like the previous bachelor/ettes. Is it enough to revive the series? Depends on how successful this one will be. Only time will tell.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast