+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031

Thread: 2/21 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

My two cents on this....There have been plenty of uncomfortable home visits in the past. That is the whole purpose of these visits, 'cause lets face it you don't get along with the family, it just makes your relationship harder. And I agree if she felt unwelcome,didn't get along, that is a "red flag" and a big reason to rethink the relationship. Jen had a perfect right to eliminate Ryan after this visit if she felt they were not compatible BUT...kyrjarnone of the other bachelors/bachelorettes have ever been as rude in their VO on the situation before. She just made everybody, including herself, look bad. I don't know about you, but I would feel truly uncomfortable having a big TV crew in my home, would probably go the way of Wendall's family and drink to relax. Ryan and Jen are not a match, but they left on bad terms with hurt feelings, and I think she could have handled it much better. Life goes on.......

If Ryan had the interest in Jen that he professed, he should have been (man enough?) caring enough to take control of the atmosphere when he noticed how uncomfortable everyone was. He could have steered or controlled the conversation toward the purpose of the visit, which was for everyone to become acquainted. True, that it was a two-way street (as Ryan stated) in that both his parents AND Jen could have made efforts to get to know each other, but I believe more of the responsibility fell on his parents because Jen was a guest in their home and because this was a woman their son was possibly considering to marry and it was their one big shot.

But I also was very disappointed in Jen's voice over. Regardless of how badly she felt mistreated, all she had to say was that she was disappointed she left their home not feeling they all took advantage of the opportunity to get to know one another. Instead, she was insulting to them and notched herself down a few in the opinions of many viewers....AND the guys... did you see them clap after Ryan's "no class statement" at the MTA?
    Anywhere you go, let me go too. Gerard, that's all I ask of you.

Quote Originally Posted by chucksmiles
    My two cents on this....There have been plenty of uncomfortable home visits in the past. That is the whole purpose of these visits, 'cause lets face it you don't get along with the family, it just makes your relationship harder. And I agree if she felt unwelcome,didn't get along, that is a "red flag" and a big reason to rethink the relationship. Jen had a perfect right to eliminate Ryan after this visit if she felt they were not compatible BUT...kyrjarnone of the other bachelors/bachelorettes have ever been as rude in their VO on the situation before. She just made everybody, including herself, look bad. I don't know about you, but I would feel truly uncomfortable having a big TV crew in my home, would probably go the way of Wendall's family and drink to relax. Ryan and Jen are not a match, but they left on bad terms with hurt feelings, and I think she could have handled it much better. Life goes on.......
    I totally agree. And I agree with what Ryan said on the "Men Tell All' episode - "Jen could have handled it with more class".
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

The other clip shown of Jen at the MTA saying "get me out of here" was obviously from Ryan's hometown date (the clothing matched).

My view is that Jen had been through this whole procedure before on Andrew's show and even if she was uncomfortable, she should have realized that maybe Ryan and his family felt even more nervous since they had never gone through this before.

Saying nothing would have been better.

I agree volleymom, I've said this before...what did our mothers drum into us when we were 5....If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!

But I also was very disappointed in Jen's voice over. Regardless of how badly she felt mistreated, all she had to say was that she was disappointed she left their home not feeling they all took advantage of the opportunity to get to know one another. Instead, she was insulting to them and notched herself down a few in the opinions of many viewers....AND the guys... did you see them clap after Ryan's "no class statement" at the MTA?
    Did Jerry and JP clap too? Dear Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam
    Did Jerry and JP clap too? Dear Lord.
    We didn't see them, did we? They are there for the taping, but off camera, as I understand it.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

+ Reply to Thread