+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Maybe she doesn't choose?

FORT Fanatic
    I think Eny is trying to say that, well, ..... the guy works at a mall for a living.

And.. she throws parties for a living? I don't see why everyone is making such a big deal about where he works. He works for a gallery.. I never assumed it was at the Getty museum. Obviously I've never been there (Wentworth Gallery), but I think it's a bit fancier than 'Deck the Walls.' :rolleyes

Just because his job is in a mall doesn't mean he's beneath Jen. And if she rejects him for such a shallow reason, then I'm sorry that I wasted so much time thinking about this show.
    Last edited by Secret; 02-19-2005 at 12:59 PM.

I don't want to make this thread about Jerry, but regarding his career, we have heard basically nothing on the show about what he does other than the tag under his name. We have heard JP discribe the type of investments and deals he spawns but the truth is Jerry might have a fairly successful art business on the side doing private works--we just don't know since they don't show us anything on it. The other thing I've noticed (and I'll quit talking about their careers) is when JP talks about his, he speaks in a patronizing tone to Jen, as if she shouldn't worry her pretty little head about these boring things. Maybe it's just his drawl but I find it condenscending.

FORT Fanatic
    Can't we all just get along? My goodness, must some of us live in fear of having others realize that we're not impressed with Jerry? Believe it or not, not all of us are impressed with Jerry. There. I said it.
    To each his own, they say.
    About his career at the mall, I wouldn't be snickering at it so much if ABC had just put "retail store manager" under his name, instead of "art gallery director".

It would appear that ABC is trying to inject drama where, IMO, there really hasn't been. I have struggled to watch this season, because the whole season has been not much more than an audition tape for Jen to launch her career. The way she looks at the camera, & seems to practically strike a pose at any opportunity, reaks of a "hey wouldn't I make a great tv personality" statement. Perhaps Jerry is only in it for the win, but Jen may only be in it for the exposure.

The way I read this promo, Jen picks the final one by giving him a rose at the final rose ceremony, but waits until the live After The Final Rose show as to whether she will accept the proposal or not.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

FORT Fan
    If it is Jerry will she do sign language for his mother?? Nice touch right??

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl
    About his career at the mall, I wouldn't be snickering at it so much if ABC had just put "retail store manager" under his name, instead of "art gallery director".
    NO WAY!!!!!!!!!! I've been to a Wentworth Gallery (I'll say "a" because it's a CHAIN!). I can't believe THIS is Jerry's job!? "Career?!" I can't believe Jen is going to pick him. How could she, after Andrew, Bill? She needs a meal ticket, not a hottie who's traded on his face for too long. This is crazy! I thought she was a cutie, but Jen is a silly, dazzled-by-hollywood flake. She should have stuck with her prior 15mins. Better to keep your mouth shut and let them wonder you a fool than to open it and remove all doubt!!

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    Good thing for her if she hasn't given an answer. Hopefully she has now read all of the questionable things about Jerry ,and can make a informed choice. After consideration, I really can't see her picking a guy from the mall.
    If you go back into Jen's biography to Andrew's season, she's a mall rat. Hanging out at the mall with her girlfriends, is one of her "accomplishments". Why shouldn't she hookup with a guy from the mall? It's her "natural" environment.
    Last edited by Zinnia; 02-20-2005 at 07:38 AM.

Hanging out at the mall with her girlfriends, is one of her "accomplishments". Why shouldn't she hookup with a guy from the mall? It's her "natural" environment.
    Suddenly every John Hughes/ '80's coming of age movie cliche is racing through my mind.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast