+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Charlie Spoiler Thread ****

***Charlie Spoiler Thread ****

God help us all - From Kristen's column on E!Online:

BREAKING BACHELOR SCOOP: My sources tell me the next Bachelor has been chosen, and the lucky guy is none other than Charlie O'Connell, the occasional TV and film actor, whose brother is Jerry O'Connell, star of Crossing Jordan and Rebecca Romijn's current squeeze. According to my sources, Charlie shot scenes for the ABC reality series this week in Montauk, New York, where his parents have a home. But is the 29-year-old ladies' man ready to settle down?

http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristi...05/050212.html

I seem to remember that he's not as cute as his brother. Anyone wanna post a pic?

Mods: if this is in the wrong place, please move it to where it should go - I wasn't sure where to post it!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fanatic
    How could you miss that at the bottom of that little announcement she mentions she has more bachelor/bachelorette news to come, including "why Jen might NOT be in love" !

I've never heard of either O'Connell, and I hope it's not another crappy season done in NY.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl
    How could you miss that at the bottom of that little announcement she mentions she has more bachelor/bachelorette news to come, including "why Jen might NOT be in love" !

I've never heard of either O'Connell, and I hope it's not another crappy season done in NY.

I thought that might have been a little spoilerish so I left it out. Here it is:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    In my column that launches Saturday, I've got details on that, plus, more juicy Bachelor and Bachelorette scoop, including the lowdown on Meredith and Ian's breakup and why Jen might not be in love. See you then!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Why, oh, why can't they just bring back a regular guy?! just a normal, regular guy. no third string quarter backs, no brothers of semi-famous people, in fact, while we're at it, how about no guys with connections to tires or wine IN ANY WAY. just a normal guy. I know they are out there. I see them everyday. It can't be that hard.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by jensbiggestfan
    Why, oh, why can't they just bring back a regular guy?! just a normal, regular guy. no third string quarter backs, no brothers of semi-famous people, in fact, while we're at it, how about no guys with connections to tires or wine IN ANY WAY. just a normal guy. I know they are out there. I see them everyday. It can't be that hard.

LOVE IT! So, so true......

Photo of Charlie O'Connell

Here is a link of Photo's of Charlie and some of his brother Jerry also. I do think that his brother is muuuccchhh better looking!

Link to imdb here.
    Last edited by hepcat; 02-17-2005 at 09:59 PM. Reason: long url was messing up the display

We had posted some pictures of him on another thread a few days ago. I actually think Charlie's quite good looking.

But this article from the National Enquirer 2/21 issue doesn't bode well:
    http://www.jerryoconnellfansite.com/news/news15.htm

National Enquirer Feb 21, 2005 - pg 16

Run for cover; ladies!
    New "Bachelor" just isn't the marrying kind

Look out, ladies! The new "Bachelor" is a Hollywood playboy who likes to party - but has no intention of getting married... rose or no rose.

This handsome hunk is a 29-year-old actor who just broke up with his girlfriend and vowed he won't get tied down again. But he's looking for a way to get national exposure.

And what better way than to date a bunch of beautiful women on "The Bachelor"?

Once again, The Enquirer has learned who allegedly will try to find his bride among 25 hopefuls when the popular show returns in March. If you don't want to know who he is, read no further.

The new bachelor is Charlie O'Connell, an actor who has been seen in several films including "Dude, Where's My Car?" and "Cruel Intentions."

"Charlie is a really nice guy but he just broke up with his longtime girlfriend - who doesn't know he's going to be the next 'Bachelor'," revealed a close friend. "Charlie is just looking to have a good time while getting more exposure on national TV."

ACTING FAMILY

The new bachelor and his holder brother Jerry O'Connell, star of "Crossing Jordan," live in Los Angeles.

Charlie was a drama major at New York University and used to consider TV beneath his acting abilities, say sources. However, after appearing as a gangster on "Sliders" in 1996 with his brother, who was one of the producers, he decided he liked performing on TV.

"He definitely will bring a lot of excitement to 'The Bachelor' because he adores beautiful women and love to party," said his friend.

"Charlie likes to drink and dance, so he'll probably have the ladies in the pool or hot tub in every episode.

"He is also a handsome guy whose acting career is on the rise, so there will probably be a lot of catfights between the women - and he'll love it!"

As a child, Charlie was nicknamed "Upchuck" by his brother because he was a little overweight, but those days are behind him. Dashing and athletic, he's handy with a sword - having captained NYU's fencing team and competed in the NCAA championships.

LATE START

A show source told The Enquirer, "We got off to a very late start picking the bachelor this time, partly because of concern that Charlie is not really the marrying kind. He's more of a partyer, and behind the scenes he's referred to as 'Good-Time Charlie.' "

The show has a less-than-successful record in the love department. None of the "Bachelor" couples have gone on to get married, or even stayed together very long.

NO EXPECTATIONS

"Some people on the show wanted to go for a lower-key regular guy, but they decided to go with Charlie instead, even though no one expects to see a happy ending and wedding come out of the upcoming season," confided the show insider.

Picking a heartthrob bachelor with a bit of celebrity glamour is part of the strategy to make female viewers' hearts melt and boost sagging ratings.

Among other bachelor candidates considered were Jeff Timmons of the pop band 98 Degrees and former "Save By The Bell" star Mario Lopez, recently divorced from TV personality Ali Landry.

-Patricia Shipp
    Last edited by Broadway; 02-17-2005 at 09:32 PM.

I hope he isn't too much like his brother Jerry on the dating front. A couple of years ago Jerry was in London filming a movie with Geri Haliwell (Ginger from the Spice Girls) and they started dating. They were photographed everywhere making out etc. He even met her parents. As soon as he finished the movie he went back to the U.S and his regular girlfriend saying that Geri had been useful as a tour guide. She got a really hard time with the press over his actions and comments.

Do you think his champion swimmer female best-friend will be a plant? Didn't we already have this season with Bachelor 5?
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

"Picking a heartthrob bachelor with a bit of celebrity glamour is part of the strategy to make female viewers' hearts melt and boost sagging ratings."

Clearly they are out of touch with what their female viewers want.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast