+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Charlie Spoiler Thread ****

I guess the only thing one can do now is just laugh...have a good bottom-from-the-belly chuckle. If the knuckleheads at ABC can't crawl out from their rose colored bunker, then we might as well laugh them to their demise.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

FORT Fogey
    yea, I agree. Where is the fun or premis of this show? They think women drool? A handsome guy is going to draw an audience? TV is loaded with only the beautiful, that is the norm. They not only have a low opinion of women but a strong desire to kill this show, I see.

I'm not looking forward to this one either, but something occurred to me...
    wouldn't it be hilarious if this Bachelor actually fell in love!! (I'm talking about the real thing here - not the Blob type of ending...) I just think it would be poetic justice if The Bachelor Voted Least Likely To Fall In Love actually did!

FORT Regular
    I have to agree...this one sounds like it's going to be a train wreck...although like berries said - wouldn't it be hysterical if the guy DID actually fall in love?

the bachelor has turned into a 6 week version of the dating game. or an extended version of elimidate. the hopelessly romantic side of me hates it, but the realistic side wonders: how could we ever expect more? is it realistic to think two people can truly fall in love in this fabricated pressure-cooker? I think that trista and ryan were the exception - and probably truly fell in love after the fact. they lucked out. maybe our new playboy will too?

If Charlie O'Connell really is the next bachelor, I won't watch. When/if it's confirmed, I will email ABC to inform them. And I've watched every single one, right from the beginning. I won't watch this. I guess they're deliberately trying to kill the series.

I agree that they should bring back Jay, get him some better women than Byron got, and go with that. I also liked the idea of having them experience reality dating, not fantasy dating. And fewer contenders who stay on longer.

Not going to happen though, is it. :rolleyes

Kristin has her new column up- and she is saying its Charlie- although still officially unconfirmed. Other Bachelor scoop is there also

Quote Originally Posted by cake
    More stunt casting. I'm so disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by cake
    He was definitely second banana to Jerry, so it's hard to see him carrying his own show.
    See? There's the problem right there. The Bachelor is a TV show so they need to find someone who can actually carry a TV show. If you don't think a second rate actor can pull it off, how could a regular Joe possibly hope to?

It's a Catch-22. We'd all like to see a fresh face, but the network execs realize they'd probably end up with a really boring show on their hands.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt
    If Charlie O'Connell really is the next bachelor, I won't watch. When/if it's confirmed, I will email ABC to inform them. And I've watched every single one, right from the beginning. I won't watch this. I guess they're deliberately trying to kill the series.

I agree that they should bring back Jay, get him some better women than Byron got, and go with that. I also liked the idea of having them experience reality dating, not fantasy dating. And fewer contenders who stay on longer.

Not going to happen though, is it. :rolleyes
    gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    No more repurposed castmembers. This show is more inbred than a hillybilly village.

They could have stuck their head out of their butt for 10 minutes and figured out a minor celebrity wannabe with a bad track record isn't what we "drool over" either. Come on, there are zillions of guys out there.

Lazy casting agents.

Quote Originally Posted by Krispy
    What the hell would make TV executives think that women's hearts will melt if The Bachelor is a minor celebrity who is an avowed partier and has no plans to marry in the first place? What an insult to all women! I find this opinion to be degrading to all women and I think for the first time I will refuse to watch in protest. (Of course I may break down and watch just to confirm that I was right and this will be the worst series yet.)
    Krispy, youtook the words right out my mouth. They have GOT to be kidding. There is nothing redeeming about this choice. :phhht :phhht :phhht

I can't even stomach the idea of watching just enough to hang out here. ABC, Seņor Fleiss, you've just lost a viewer.

Maybe we can amuse ourselves by renaming the show. My vote goes for "D-List Celebrity Hookups."
    Last edited by jasmar; 02-19-2005 at 01:57 AM.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

+ Reply to Thread