+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Men Tell All

I saw the pictures posted on the spoiler thread - do we know if Jen attended the MTA show?

FORT Fan
    It seems that Jen is not going to be on the MTA, and I'm wondering about that. None of the previews mention her. Is it possible that she was so upset about how she was edited on the hometown episode that she refused to face the inevitable confrontation that would follow? Someone on another board mentioned that Andrew had a booking in her hometown on the date of the MTA right up until a short while ago. Perhaps he was a last minute substitute for Jen?

Quote Originally Posted by kmjm
    It seems that Jen is not going to be on the MTA, and I'm wondering about that. None of the previews mention her. Is it possible that she was so upset about how she was edited on the hometown episode that she refused to face the inevitable confrontation that would follow? Someone on another board mentioned that Andrew had a booking in her hometown on the date of the MTA right up until a short while ago. Perhaps he was a last minute substitute for Jen?

I think you very well might be right, kmjm. But what if it was the way she really behaved more than the editing? She may not want to face Ryan. There was that little matter of her using the word "uncomfortable" again when she said good-bye to him.

FORT Fogey

The show is taped in advance. Everyone is watching the finished show just as we are now.

FORT Fan
    I thought that the MTA was taped last weekend. Jen would have seen the hometown episode almost a week before. Am I wrong about that?

Given what Jerry, Ryan, Wendell and their families have had to endure the past two weeks, the men who got cut early should consider themselves lucky. The only reason Jen asked to speak to the final three, was because she wanted Jerry to reassure her about his feelings. This couldn’t be done without including the other men, and so poor Ryan ends up bearing his soul on National Television only to get kicked to the curb. Then to add to the humiliations, both men are going to propose, and she has to tell one of them “No”. There is nothing like proposing to a woman in front of millions of people only to have her reject you. May this season be a lesson to all the guys who are actually thinking of signing up for this show.

FORT Regular
    I'm with you, NYGal. (Although I'd have hoped Jen could have reassured Jerry durng their night in the fantasy suite?)

I re-watched the episode yesterday amd I kept thinking "Too bad Jerry can't wait around until Meredith is ready to date again!"

Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain
    I think you very well might be right, kmjm. But what if it was the way she really behaved more than the editing? She may not want to face Ryan. There was that little matter of her using the word "uncomfortable" again when she said good-bye to him.

You're probably right, Bama! She doesn't want to answer to Ryan regarding her comments about his family. Too awkward! :nono

I thought that the MTA was taped last weekend. Jen would have seen the hometown episode almost a week before. Am I wrong about that?
    No, you are not wrong. It was taped last Saturday.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by jrnyfan4vr
    You're probably right, Bama! She doesn't want to answer to Ryan regarding her comments about his family. Too awkward! :nono
    We are always clammoring for real emotions and exchanges on this and any reality show. Jen was honest and gave her take on Ryans home visit. Would we have wanted to see her lie and say she had a wonderful time? She was uncomfortable and said as much. Good for her. I do not fault her for giving an honest impression, probably prompted by production, I will add. And what she said was not bad either, IMO. All adults here, they certainly can overlook one womans comments.

I tend to fault Ryan for being so passive and not helping steer the conversation in another direction to make EVERYONE more comfortable in this awkward situation.

If production wanted her to be there she would have no choice. I don't see her being there or not having anything to do with Ryan's family visit.

+ Reply to Thread